xbox 360 Controller with Keyboard Intergrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chessboxer
    xbmc for the xbox 180 is one of the greatest programs/applications i have ever used. it supports the streaming of nearly any media format, it looks great, it runs well, it lets you watch youtube videos, etc, etc, from the comfort of your couch. also, a big strong point for the xbox 180 is its modded capabilities. sure, its limited by a small amount of ram, but most everything from before n64 works incredibly well, and even over 100 n64 games work well on it too, and those are most of your big name games like mario 64, starfox, mario kart, etc, etc. also, with a modded xbox 180 you can browse the internet, play almost any old game, backup games to your hdd, install a bigger hdd, and much more. i know microsoft's intention was not to let this happen, as is evidenced by how much work they have put into making the 360 not easily modified, but still, its a big plus for the system and just shows what ms should have done the first time around, and some of these features like streaming media(although not nearly as good as is featured with xbmc) and even working with messenger now shows that they do pay some attention to what their system can do and is capable of. the wii is alright, but since most of the features people rave about(console game downloads and internet) have already been done(dc and xbox specifically) im not in a rush to go pay $250 in order to do what i already can. as for the ps3, sorry sony, i loved the psx and ps2, but steep prices and no really great exclusive titles sealed your fate for me. and yes, xbl, even though its not free, is infinitely better than any experience i have had with sony's online gaming. the arcade games for 360 are great as well. worms anyone?
    Worms fuggin rocks!!!

Yea i basically agree witcha.

I wouldnt spend 250 on a Wii if i had an Xbox modded.

But me and my girl are trying to collect most of the systems.

We currently have:

Nes(im bringing it back to life as we speak)
    SNES
    SEGA
    N64
    Gamecube
    Ps2
    2 Ds lites
    Wii

So id like to add a Dreamcast and a modded Xbox to that list....talk about one heathly entertainment center rofl.

As far as PS3 and 360 way too much for my blood.

Comment

word, im a console/game collector as well, and i currently have my 360, modded xbox, ps2, gamecube, dreamcast, and saturn hooked up. i have an nes, atari 2600, psx, 3do, n64, genesis, snes, 32x, and maybe 1 or 2 other systems and their games boxed up in the attic. we also have a ds, gba sp, and an old school gamboy as well. 52" of screen and 600 watts of sound make gaming awesome.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

good lord son. Nice.

Yea id like to find one of the neogeo cd systems, although they were known for their flaws id be cool to have it.

yea i got my old skool gameboy and Sega's Gamegear system as well.

52'' huh?

I run my Ps2, Gamecube and Wii thru my PC.

Eventually ill own a phatty tv with a surround sound.

Comment

i almost bought a gamegear the other day, but ive been spending on my car lately, so i held back. i got a great deal on my tv and i bought my receiver after i got back from basic/ait. as far as the neogeo cd, id love to have one too, and would really like to also have a neo geo, atari jaguar cd, and a few others as well. whenever i get established and we build a house, i plan on having everything hooked up in a massive entertainment room in the basement. my son loves my nerdiness btw.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
            i almost bought a gamegear the other day, but ive been spending on my car lately, so i held back. i got a great deal on my tv and i bought my receiver after i got back from basic/ait. as far as the neogeo cd, id love to have one too, and would really like to also have a neo geo, atari jaguar cd, and a few others as well. whenever i get established and we build a house, i plan on having everything hooked up in a massive entertainment room in the basement. my son loves my nerdiness btw.

yea ive had my eye on good receivers for a while but havent bought one because untill i get out of the military and have my own apt/house i dont have the room.

Yea i found some full-size NeoGeo arcade units on ebay for like 800$+. Thats a dream of mine, to own a 4 slot Neogeo arcade system.
            Everything else can be console but to have an actuall Neogeo arcade(can u tell its my fav system?) would rock.

Comment

i take it youre a big fighting game fan then? mvc, kof, samurai showdown, sfa, are all great fighters and to have that machine would be awesome. i have all the neo geo roms and the emulator on my xbox, but its still not as good as owning the original system would be.
              we've totally thread jacked here.

Comment

Lookie what i just found

http://news.softpedia.com/news/24-NE...le-52384.shtml

News article stating that 24 Neogeo titles will be made available for download via the Wii Console.

My Wii just became priceless as i adore anything Neogeo. OMFG!!!

It said MK and AOF will most likely not be available due to being available via Ps2 as well as Metal Slug

My fav neogeo title:

Ninja Masters
                Last edited by Ralphie; 04-27-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Yes Chessboxer im an avid fighting fan.

Basically just anything neogeo. Metal Slug is priceless, KOF, Waku Waku, Puzzlebob ....just hundreds of good to the core gaming. Yea i have the emu and about 35 games. I have the best ones in my opinion but im sure if i played a lot of the others i might have some new favs.

And yes threadjacking ftw.

Comment

ha, if you ever get an xbox let me know, and ill mod it for you, on the military discount rate. put a 160 gb hdd in it and ill give you all the games you could ever want. all metal slugs, all kof's, etc, etc.

Comment

ok ill keep that in mind.

I did wanna do this but cant be spending crazy amounts of money because im saving to get out and pay a lot more bills then i do now lol.

Lol military discount rate..mad cool dude...if i can find a Xbox at a pawn shop that works ill let ya know.

Comment

I modded my xbox in 10 mins and spent 70 bucks for a 300 gig drive from newegg.

heres the link to modd Xbox in 10 mins

http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtml

Check out how to install a larger HDD in your modded Xbox in our latest guide.
                        WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

thats how i learned to start modding too. regardless, im not trying to make money off of him, as his discount would be free + shipping. its all easy to do, but collecting the roms and using xbhdmaker is what takes the most time, and i have that all already.

Comment

This officially comes out on Sunday but Im waiting a least a month a half to pick it up.

I've always gone with Sony for the last 10 years (got my first PSX back in 97) but I was having this same converstaion today at work about the gaming systems.

PS3 isnt really much to look at unless you have an HD TV (which Im not going to dish out extra $$ just to have that special effect.) and this is where the PS3 really falls flat on its face.

MicroSoft strategized a hell of alot better than PS3 in terms of hard ware (basically thinking of the customer first..) if you really dont want the HD to come standard on a console you give it up as an option same with the Wi-Fi.

Sony had a shitty launch with no games (Resistance really sucks IMO) and not enough good first games to have on the PS3 platform.

Whos going to want to dish out 60 bucks for a Blu Ray dvd?

Combine this with a lackluster controller (Ive heard rumors of the controllers being interfered with wirelessly during a game) and have to buy a very expensive tv just to have that effect, you have yourself a classic sinking disaster.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I remember playing Monster Hunter with my friend a few years ago on the PS2. I typed on the keyboard, he fought the beasties. You had to run and hide if you wanted to type while playing by yourself!

The controller is goofy, but I dig the purpose.

As for Xbox killing the PS3... it is... and it will. I hate to say it, but the PS3 is an inferior machine. It has potential, but they weren't ready to release it when they did. The original Xbox entered the market for a piece of the pie... the 360 is there to eat the whole damn thing!

Nintendo was smart with the Wii. They aren't trying to directly compete with Sony and Microsoft (companies with bigger banks, as they deal in other industries... Nintendo does little else besides consoles and games) Their advertising, the style of gameplay, and the system itself are so different from the other two that it creates a whole new fanbase. Everyone I know with either a PS3 or a 360 STILL wants a Wii If Nintendo had tried to compete toe to toe, we would've lost the big N... and I would've been sad. (I was a member of the Nintendo Fun Club... the little asswipe "magazine" that later turned into Nintendo Power.)

The PS3 is a console that costs WAY too much, uses technology that is just too expensiveand not popular enough (blu ray), and it came out too late. The 360 was already back in the upswing after the initial failures of the first shipment by the time the PS3 was ready to compete! Blu ray systems are just too expensive at the moment, which I'm SURE is the bulk of the PS3's cost. By the time Blu-ray is popular (IF it is... remember Sony Betamax? No, you probably don't) the price of the players will have gone down considerably... and the PS3's technology will be outdated.

Comment

I found that ^^^ I guess PS2s have them

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                                X