Hip Hop Of Today........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hip Hop Of Today........

I'm mad old school. That's why I drive a '93 Accord. It reminds me of a pure time in my life. Hip Hop was the same way back in the days. It had substance. It was about teaching you something. It also spoke about politics, racism, police corruption, knowledge of self, ect. Now a days, it's about rims, platnum grills, throwing money at the camera, candy drippin' paint, selling drugs (which MOST rappers never did) and killing people. (which NO rapper ever did) I think it's sad.

People are talking. Music execs are talking. Hip Hop is gonna change. Alot of cats want to take it back to the old school. You may disagree with me, but just wait a bit. We'll all see soon enough. Something that was once in style takes 20 years for it to be in style again.

Check this out:

Last edited by R33cb7; 07-24-2009, 01:54 AM.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Dude, you are my HEROE!!! I love that joint...i'm playing it right now and when I saw the vidoe couple days ago I had a big happy smile on my face because it brought back memories just like putting on my fresh forces or Js back in the day
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

That shit was hot.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

fuck commercial rap

underground FTW

Comment

So far all I have heard about this or seen about this has just been talk by the media and Al Sharpton.. I understand that it will take some time for things to change, if they do change that is but, IMO it will take the part of the listeners to want change before the rappers that are making the questionable records/songs volunteer to change their ways.

This may sound real lame to some of you but I love the old school Limp Bizkit stuff. Whether it was the early Limp Bizkit that was the rock or rap. I could relate to more of their lyrics then most other groups or rappers at the time. I now more then ever feel this way. I can't relate to having wads of cash to stand around and throw at camera's or doing drugs, killing people, or having a different girl every week.

I will admit that I do still occasionally listen to rap. However, I couldnt tell you what the last rap album was that I purchased, or downloaded. I have friends that like the newer rap style and I will listen to it but I dont believe that any of it is worth me spending my money to buy it.

IMO the whole rap game or whatever you want to call it needs to get their priorities straightened out.. Degrading women, doing drugs and killing people have no place in main stream rap IMO. Yes these are all things that happen on a daily basis but if I had kids I would not want them listening to it.. Maybe that is just me though.. Later

Comment

Mike....you speak the truth.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

r33, right on brother.

defintly agree on this,

and madspleen, well said.

Comment

KRS FTW. Kanye (even though everyone hates on him) is actually expanding the rap game. I listen to commercial rap too, but mainly to get what some would refer to as 'crunk' Gotta put out love to the oldschool Nas, Jay-Z, NWA, Rakim, too many to name.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Werd Up!!

Old School FTW!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I listen to rap, but I hate to admit but I only like the pop stuff, like ushers Yeah and akon lonely and lots of others. I dont like mtv anymore too many people talken about beaten there hoes and sellen drugs, or grills with diamonds I am not into that maybe because I white I would rather drive a lotus then stretch H2 or even a regular H2. However I also like tupac he talks about a lot of things from his life and does it in a poetic way that i like. Then comes snoop dog and they came out during that time but snoop dog seems to me he just wants to get high and thats kool but damn I get tired of hearing that and life on the streets when you are so rich that you can pay some one to wipe your @ss. I wanna bring back the old rap but keep some of the new to like cupids chokeholds or how many licks, and get low.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9A2I-X7b-w

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

i agree with you. todays rap and hip hop suck ass. i cant listen to it at all. it all begins to sound the same and talk about the same things and ideas. will it change? i hope so but i kind of doubt it. it has become way to commercial and the artists are concentrated on making money and keeping up their "pimp" and "bling" image. all i guess we can count on are the underground artists and hope they dont sell out.
                      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                      Check out my JDM F22B swap
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

I'm sorry if this has already been touched apon, I just read a coupleof the first comments and came to make this post. As much as we would all like to hear the good old fashion "pure, wholesom" hip hop we can't. times have changed and artist's are no longer about expressing themselves, but making money. You see it in many main stream rappers they want to go old school and get real lyrical, but the majority of people want to see and are willing to PAY for some of this new era hip hop.

Comment

Ugh... new rap is so bad it's turning me off from old rap. Or maybe I'm just outgrowing it. I only listen to Dipset, Nozz, and Wu Tang... with a little Kanye and Lupe, and a few hilarious local acts like Gravy and Murda Mook.

But on the whole... it sucks, it's like the hot girl from high school that popped out 4 kids by the 5 year reunion

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I will for as long as I live always listen to 2pac, Biggie, Snoop (old snoop), nwa and I will probably embaress the hell out of my kids when his/her dad rolls up in a cb7 cranking Gin&Juice while I pick him/her up at school....and I cant wait!

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                              I will for as long as I live always listen to 2pac, Biggie, Snoop (old snoop), nwa and I will probably embaress the hell out of my kids when his/her dad rolls up in a cb7 cranking Gin&Juice while I pick him/her up at school....and I cant wait!
                              LOL!!!

FO SHO MAN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X