Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Blue Angels Tragedy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070421/...ue_angel_crash

The crash happened a couple of hours ago.

If you have ever seen these guys perform, you can appreciate their level of skill, and the dangers involved.

It is like nothing you will ever see anywhere else.

Anyway, this just highlights that we are all human and that there is ALWAYS risk associated with everything we do.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

damn that sucks
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

OMG wow that sucks! My dad used to take me to watch them all the time when I was a lil kid. Watched them and the thunderbirds. Yea I used to love fighter jets and old aircraft. But thats sad to see. May he RIP.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my grandfather my aunt and my cousin saw it happen

ugh

Comment

It is very tragic.

And just an interesting note about formation flying.

The "lead" pilot is the only one actually flying.

All the other guys are focused on and watching a particular point on the aircraft they are flying off of.

So the leader actually flies where they are going, and the other guys just maintain their position relative to their wingman.

There was a case back in the 70's where the Thunderbirds were all killed, because the leader had a mechanical failure and couldn't pull out. Since all the other guys were watching the lead aircraft only, they all impacted the ground at a very high rate of speed.

It is also amazing how choreographed the timing is. They start at about 5AM and fly the whole show in the briefing room, before they actually go do it.

Comment

This totally sucks, plain and simple. I saw these guys perform on Nantucket for the first time last Sep 30th. They are so cool to watch, there is no describing it, you have to see it to believe it. We actually have some vids of them doing some of their tricks.
            This is a tragic loss, RIP to the pilot.

Comment

Omg that sucks big time.They came to our school and talked about what they do, and I met all of them.

Comment

This is a horrific tragedy.

I was blessed to see them perform years ago at the air show in Ft Lauderdale Fl.

Its an amazing sight and something that is almost surreal. So much training and trust is involved. Cant help but respect those guys. My prayers are with the familes and friends affected.

Comment

Yes, what they do defies belief.

Also, most assignments on the team are for about 2 years, so every year, they have new members and old members.

Comment

Working...
                  X