Look what i caught today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what i caught today!

So I was down at the 18th hole water hazard on the golf course I live on and happened to pull this out after 4-5 mins of fighting him through the weeds.

The thing weighed 6lbs on the dot. Beautiful fish. I think it was a spawning female getting ready to lay down her eggs.

The thing literally could touch either end of the cooler when she was laying straight. 23" total length and 14.5" around the widest part of her.

This picture is of my entire fist in her mouth. (Note I did not jam my hand in there, there was still more room!)

Well just was excited and wanted to share this with you guys. Enjoy!

Edit: I did release her. I did not keep her. And she swan away just fine! I hope to catch her or her offspring again.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

nice catch yo!!
    R.I.P.

AzN VtEc PoWeR (6:38:35 PM): im gonna go shit in someones cereal

Comment

And why didnt you cook the fish again?

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
        And why didnt you cook the fish again?
        Who knows what goes on in those waters. Its on a golf course. I mean all of the fish have been healthy so far but I mean golf courses do like to use chemicals on the fairways and stuff. Believe me I wanted to. THen i thought about it. Then i wanted to mount it. Then i was like hmmmm... how much $$$ will that cost. So i just released it.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Thats a beauty man. Bass is a bitch to cook. You gotta take off the scales and shit too much work lol. You can call me a lazy asian.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

NICE...my friend and i caught an 11 pounder catfish back in jan. we want to beat it, muhahahaha
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

damn, joe, do u live i highland springs? thats probably a good idea not eating the fish.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                damn, joe, do u live i highland springs? thats probably a good idea not eating the fish.
                no i live more toward battlefield and clever

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

catch it on rod&Reel?
                  if so what lure/bait?
                  Ive alwys wanted to fish a golf course.
                  I was a B.A.S.S. member for 1 year
                  and a NAFC member for 2 years.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                  does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7GHOST
                    catch it on rod&Reel?
                    if so what lure/bait?
                    Ive alwys wanted to fish a golf course.
                    I was a B.A.S.S. member for 1 year
                    and a NAFC member for 2 years.

It was an open bail reel with a well balanced rod (use to be my grandpa's fav).
                    It was just a jig I caught it on. I believe 1oz. head maybe 1 1/4oz. White head and a 3 1/2 skirted, twin tail, watermelon seed lure(P.S. Im not telling you the brand ). I usually use a black headed weedless jig setup.This has always been my favorite jig. When im not catching anything i normally throw this and see results any time i use it. (I think it also helps that its scented with garlic and salt and its easily miss taken for a baby bass minow)

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

great catch..thats a beauty

Comment

that sure is a largemouth. probably eats golfballs for breakfast. the biggest largemouth that i've ever caught was a 20.5" i'm not sure on the weight but it was nowhere close to yours. it wasn't a fatty by any means. i need to get back into the sport though. i only went out a handful of times last year. great catch though. give yourself a pat on the back for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                          that sure is a largemouth. probably eats golfballs for breakfast. the biggest largemouth that i've ever caught was a 20.5" i'm not sure on the weight but it was nowhere close to yours. it wasn't a fatty by any means. i need to get back into the sport though. i only went out a handful of times last year. great catch though. give yourself a pat on the back for that one.

Thanks man...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

And you just thought it would be a good idea to stick your whole fist in the LIVE fish's mouth... Not that it could bite it or even hurt you, but gross and creepy man. Nice catch though, and good pics.
                            R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                            FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                            Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

LOL bass are harmless even if you stick your hand in there lol. Just make sure you wash em good after.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X