2008 Subaru Impreza & WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Subaru Impreza & WRX

Changes are big with both the 2008 WRX sedan (sold in North America only) and hatchback growing 3.7 inches in wheelbase and getting a new double-wishbone rear suspension. The new WRX will weigh 50 fewer pounds than the outgoing model, in spite of the increase in size. Aside from what ought to be a more refined ride, less trunk intrusion allows for a wider and deeper trunk. Engines carry over with emission and fuel economy improvements. The WRX’s turbocharged 2.5-liter flat-four packs the same 224 hp and 226 lb-ft of torque, but peak horsepower now comes at 5200 rpm instead of 5600, and peak torque arrives at 2800 rpm, down from 3600. The base Impreza’s 2.5-liter boxer four drops 3 hp to 170, but torque jumps to 170 lb-ft from 166. WRXs will use the STi's quicker steering gear of 15.0:1 vs 16.5:1.
    I know some will say it looks Toyota-ish or like a Suzuki Reno, but what do you all say on it?
    It will odd to to see the 5-door STi on Rally courses, but it will always be welcomed.
    ~~~ Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angle Can Fly ~~~

shit looks WeAk!

they looked better when they were a lil boxier. but those just look like saturns...

no good.
    second one looks like a camry from the back!!! wtf mate.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

hmm, is hyundai making subarus now?
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Ugly. Reminds me of a Mazda Protege wagon and a Toyota Corolla. WTF is subaru thinking.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Ugly. Reminds me of a Mazda Protege wagon and a Toyota Corolla. WTF is subaru thinking.

simple, there thinking:

"Yeah, well my name is subaru and you know what i like to do is wake up and just fuck everything up"

le duh.
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

looks like if the chinese copied a toyota corolla.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

damn I know they are fond of making designs but it looks like the designers just took a pencil and drew some chickenscratch. Those cars honestly look like garbage. If they are gonna do this to the sti and shit liek that I can only pray the evo makes it out alive.

Comment

crap...its crappy....

the ONLY plus is that *** split grill is gone....but come one....

its the new subaru elantra

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  hmm, is hyundai making subarus now?
                  Haha. I agree its ugly as shit. I don't know what they're trying to do. I hope they have something different planned for the STi or I don't think its gonna sell very well. And that's sad cuz I really like subaru's
                  R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                  FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                  Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

booooo!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

so dissapointing

Comment

I saw it at the NYIAS... and yes, it's just as ugly, if not worse, in person

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

is honda the only smart car makers left?
                          93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

HORRIABLE

Comment

I'm a member of NASIOC, and most of the people on that board hate it just as much as the rest of the public.

It's still got a 224 hp motor, with a 5-speed manual. The torque curve is better, but that's about it. There's no real significant upgrades anywhere else.

The STI will be based on the hatch, not the sedan. The US market is the only market to get the sedan apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X