No announcement yet.

my god, this is BEAUTIFUL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you look at a manual mill, you have the fill table that will move side to side (x), front to back (y) and up and down (z). then the head wil turn on the axis of the horizontal head support, as well as the other direction the head will angle (bringing the bit towards you or away from you).

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

holy shit.. so is all that automated?

Comment

yea its all automated. just punch in the numbers and dimensions and bam.

my dad is been a machinest for decades. he runs the model shop at space and naval warfare facility and they have cnc machines. thats where i get my goodies for my car if i needed something custom fabbed

Comment

thats pretty bad ass .. how long does it take to make one v8 engine???..

how much does one of those machines cost?.

whats the maintenance like on them?

Comment

the machines themselves, like the one u saw which is a very nice and expensive one, can cost over a million dollars, but most are 50-100,000.

that block would have taken at least 40 hours, maybe as much as 80 hours to make. its a very expesive engine!

as far as maintenence, i dont know?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic

whats the maintenance like on them?
              maintenance on those are pretty straightforward...most of these machines are based on low production methods and are usually over-designed...the only things needed to be changed would be fluids, the tooling, and maybe the gearing systems which may wear over a long period of time increasing play and reducing precision.
              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
              X