No announcement yet.

Test Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only bad thing about doing this is that the salesmen go in rotation. When you go in just to test drive, you're taking that salesman's turn... the next person through the door could be there to buy, and he just lost out. The next guy got his money.

Kinda like walking into a restaurant and saying "can I sit over there next to the window?"... you just took money out of one server's pocket, and probably made another server too busy to give you good service.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      The only bad thing about doing this is that the salesmen go in rotation. When you go in just to test drive, you're taking that salesman's turn... the next person through the door could be there to buy, and he just lost out. The next guy got his money.

Kinda like walking into a restaurant and saying "can I sit over there next to the window?"... you just took money out of one server's pocket, and probably made another server too busy to give you good service.
      I never thought of it that way.

But its still really fun to do
      R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
      FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
      Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

i agree, this would not be a good thing to do if it is a busy day for them. i would go if it was absoutely dead that day, or if i knew the salesperson.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i went to look at camaros back in the day when i wanted something fast and i ended up test driving a 2000 ws6 trans am ram air. they had a young boy there about 16 that would sit in the car with you on the test drive, as well as a test drive course through the forest around the dealer ship,

i was talking to the kid, and im like, have you ever been in a really fast car and hes liike yeah i have a nissan sentra seR and im like your in for a treat

as i left the parking lot i fishtailed and hit 80mph in like 6 seconds in 3rd gear. slowed to about 40 mph and took the turn onto the backroad and fishtailed again... the kid was like holy crap this car is fast. lol i had the biggest smile on my face.
          ]

Comment

I would LOVE a WS6. I like everything about them... well... almost everything. I wouldn't like filling that tank!

My stepfather owns a Chrysler dealership. I need to ask him if I can drive a Crossfire 6 speed or an SRT8.
            I told his brother (co-owner) that I went to the track last night by myself... and he said "man, tell me next time you go! I'll take an SRT8 or Crossfire off the lot and go with you!"

Comment

I've test drove almost every 3 and 5 series BMW since 2001 . In one of my old threads with pics of some exotic that I've drove I explained I use to dress up and go to the BMW delaership and test drive t he hell outta the Bimmers I havent done it in awhile but I use to enjoy that VERY much
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

From what i remember, some dealerships have desiginated cars that are just for test drives, and also, i think if u are showing that u are actually gonna buy the vehicle that you are looking at, then they will let u test drive that one. Of course im not 100% on this, it was an observation from local infiniti and nissan dealership.
                www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Working...
                X