Test Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Drives

Anyone here ever just go out and test drive new cars for fun? You'd be surprised how easy it is to just talk to a salesman for about 5 minutes and then end up in the driver's seat of a sweet car "test driving" it lol.

My friend gave me the idea when he told me that Honda let him test drive a brand new s2000. I always thought of trying it but just figured they'd never go for it unless I show true interest in the car.

Anyways, I decided to go to the Subaru dealership last Saturday and try my luck at test driving an 07 Sti. After talking to the salesman for a few minutes I asked if I could test drive the car and without hesitation the guy goes "yea let me get the key and a plate buddy." I figured he'd luagh at me seeing that I'm not the....wealthiest looking person around and I have no interest in actually buying one.

So anyways we get in the car and start cruising around, then we're out on the main road and he tells me I can "give it a little gas." So I dropped it in 2nd and put it to the floor. lol I was impressed, that thing was crazy fast for a 4dr. The thing put me right back in the seat. When I let off, the guy looks at me and goes "scary huh?" lol. It kinda seemed like he enjoyed it, he probably just lets anyone test drive them just so he can go for a ride haha.

So, seeing how easy it was to test drive it, I'm going to try my luck with the Evo 9, Charger R/T, S2k, and the RX-8. Hopefully I'll get to drive each of them. So yea, if your ever bored and have nothing to do, go down to the dealerships and test drive some cars lol. Judging by my experience and my friend's also, it's pretty damn easy.

This sounds like a hobby I should take up.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

I would love to know what dealership you went to. All the dealership in my area of Ma run credit checks before allowing you to test drive STi's.... i've tried before.

Me and another friend of mine have made this a tradition. The first weekend back from school we go and get our hair done and then go out test driving cars. Last year I went to a dealership and told them i was looking for a car sportier than my Nissan spec V. The stupid sales man put me in a mustang...
      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty
        Last year I went to a dealership and told them i was looking for a car sportier than my Nissan spec V. The stupid sales man put me in a mustang...
        Im guessing it wasnt a GT..
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

I would love to know what dealership you went to. All the dealership in my area of Ma run credit checks before allowing you to test drive STi's.... i've tried before.

Me and another friend of mine have made this a tradition. The first weekend back from school we go and get our hair done and then go out test driving cars. Last year I went to a dealership and told them i was looking for a car sportier than my Nissan spec V. The stupid sales man put me in a mustang...
          The one I went to was the Subaru dealer on rt. 114 in Danvers, MA. It's right next to Lexus and in front of Porsche. The guy didn't run any credit card checks or anything. He didn't even copy my license. When my friend drove the s2k, they didn't even ask to see his license, he scheduled the test drive online.

Comment

Its best to get access to a nice car and drive to the dealership flaunting the keys or something like that. The salesmen/saleswomen would treat you like gold.

Hm....I had no problems test driving an STi (Bernardi on Rt9 Natick) but did run into some complications test driving an Evo 8 (Rt1 Norwood). For the STi they only wanted to see my license.

Comment

Lol. I'm only 19 and I've done that a few times. I just tell the guy that I've had my car since I was 16 and that my parents are going to help me pay for a car and I had narrowed my search down to 2 things (one is what I want to test drive at that place and the other one from one of their competitors ). Never fails. I've test driven an '07 civic Si coupe, '07 accord coupe v6, '04 GTI VR6, I've even test driven a BMW 335ci (that was a special thing though. A fund raiser thing.) My next target is a subaru STI. There's one just down the street from my dorm

Most places don't let you test drive Evo's. Even if you're dead serious about buying one. My friend and his dad went to test drive them (he actually almost got one but he got an '06 GTI instead) and they said they don't let people test drive em. It's because they don't have any problem selling them as is without test drives. People usually know what they're getting before they get an Evo lol.
              Last edited by b-bomb; 04-03-2007, 01:09 AM.
              R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
              FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
              Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

Check this one out,
                About two weekends ago I went to a Honda dealership to check out the accord v6. There was an infiniti dealership across the street, after driving the accord and bs-ing with the salesperson, I went to infiniti to check out the g35 coupe, While looking at one through the window, a sales person came to me and said "nice right?" I was like "yea" next word out of his mouth was "wanna drive it?" ofcourse i was like yea. Thats not the best part of the story...
                It was me, my girlfriend, 2 cousins, and 1 friend. Of course not everyone could fit in the car plus the sales man, so everyone was fighting to go in. THe salesman came out (after getting the keys) and saw that everyone wanted to go for the ride, he was like "everyone wants to go?" and i was like "yea" so then he like "ok, you guys go WITHOUT ME, dont take more that 10 mins with the car, give me your cell # and leave something here with me" We were all like holy shit, so i proceded to hand him over the keys to the civic that we were riding around with in exchange for this 40k car.

lets just say when i returned the g35 the tires and brakes were smelling.

Comment

I've thought of doing this, just never thought it would be so easy. What do you think they would say if you were at a Porsche dealership, think you'd have any luck?

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

One of my friends got to test drive a brand new M3 and an M5, one right after another, but its because he just bought a 07 X5 earlier that day and was waiting for some paperwork.

Comment

1st time I drove a stick was test driving an impreza.
                      They didn't like me.

Mine.
                      "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
                      "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

Is there any chance that you think a 16 year old could do this?

My New Ride
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21
                          Is there any chance that you think a 16 year old could do this?
                          heck take ur dad, so u guys both can drive the cars.. bonding experience.. lol, pretend like he's getting u a graduation present or something.

As for the EVO test driving issue everyone has.... It sux cus after sitting in an EVO. There's so much road noise i'd hate to drive it/own it/choose it over an STI.. lol. It's a badass car none the less, and if i had the money to own one for a weekend car or something, i would, but of course i don't. I wonder if that's why no one can test drive it, haha...
                          -:¦:-
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Damn Peters Honda up in Nashua wouldnt even let me test drive a used car.

I live right around the corner from a Porsche/Audi Dealer and right down the road theres Tullys BMW.

They actually let you drive their vehicles every May or June for a locaal Breast Cancer Foundation.

But you only get to test drive 3 certain vehicles with an age limit on each vehicle.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I did that when the Tiburon first came out....got a Red 5speed I4 for an entire day

next....the new Miata and the S2000
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X