Just remembering my dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remembering my dad

My dad passed away 2 years ago today, and I'm sad. I miss him a lot and I wish he was still here, I wish I could have said goodbye and that I love you dad. Sorry for the depressing thread, but I feel like telling you guys that if possible let your parents know that you love them.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

sorry for the loss man, if you dont mind me asking, how did he pass?

Comment

cardiac arrest respiratory failure. He died in the hospital after having a non-life threatening operation, but the hospital didn't keep him in the icu like they should have because he had diabetes and some minor heart problems, but no, they just left him in a room and he died while under some sedation, but it was unexpected and it hurts.

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

just take this day to remember the good things im sorry man, hope u feel better
        ]

Comment

sorry, about your dad man. I hope you cheer up

My Members Ride Page

Comment

sorry for teh loss man. Jus remember ups im sure he wouldnt want you to think of him at his worse or any bad thoughts. stay up
            Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Wow man im sorry for your loss. He knows that you loved him and always will. He is looking down at you smiling and is very proud that he has a son like you so smile back and remember those great time you all spent together and if you need to talk to someone we are all here for cause we are family...
              Last edited by accordtypeR; 04-02-2007, 12:32 PM.
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

my condolensces bro, remenisce on the good times and bury the bad
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I know where you're coming from...I lost my dad almost 12 years ago unexpectedly.

If you need to talk, let me know.

Comment

Im truly sorry to hear that dude. Keep your head up and just look back on all the memories you guys created.

And like AccordtypeR said, were all family so if you need to speak just let us know.

Comment

My grandfather (my dad's dad) died nine years ago today. Time flies. 1922-1998.

Comment

I too fear the day when my dad passes away. I dont know what I will do. I think I will go into deep depression.

Keep your head up kid.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

this year is the big 1-0 for my dad. Life goes on, but you never forget.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Same here. My dad passed in his sleep on December 9, 2000. We had a HUGE fight the night before, and something told me to stick around and make it right before I left. I'm glad I did. My mom wasn't so lucky (they were seperated, but still friendly... and they also fought that night).

I woke up in the morning thinking "I wonder if dad's still alive?"... for no reason. Spent the day making a t-shirt for my band, and by 3pm, I wondered why he hadn't gotten up yet. I walked into his room and saw him lying in bed. Called his name. Nothing. I kinda knew it then, but I had to be sure. I walked over, called him, shook him... lifted him. The sound of the remaining air escaping his lungs is a sound I'll never forget (he always slept face down, so I had to lift him by his shoulder). I just stood there, put my hand on his head, and said goodbye. Then I calmly went and called my aunt (his sister) and 911. I don't think I cried for a month afterward.

The cop on the scene pretty much interrogated me as if I had done it, and the EMT (a guy I knew in highschool... well, knew of... I didn't know him personally) decided to crack a joke about "rigor settin in" right in front of me. I saw him in a bar a few years later and had leave... or I would've ripped his throat out.

As you can see, even 6 years later it doesn't go away. I can remember every little detail of that day. I still feel sad from time to time. Flogging Molly's "the likes of you again" still makes me tear up, as does Jimmy Eat World's "May Angels lead you in".
                            Strangely, I don't get upset on his birthday or the anniversary of his death. Very often, those days pass without me even noticing! He would've been 62 this past March 3rd.

Comment

That sounds like some pretty intense stuff man, my condolenses, (sp)

Comment

Working...
                              X