what is this with these sporty suv/minivans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this with these sporty suv/minivans

I noticed that alo tof the big name companies are coming out with some soccermom sporty minivans. Like the acura mdx and the mazdacx-7,and nissamurano and the dodge calibur hmm will these cars surpass not about cars anymore will it be more about how much heavy luggage and people to whip around quicker from one destination to another?

I've noticed a large majority of the people who buy big suv's carry neither luggage nor large amounts of people.

They usually only have one person in them, the driver, and its usually some 90 lb woman.

They buy them so they can feel like they have something more than everyone around them, and to make it so they look down on everyone else on the road.

They have very little value to the human race. I have no problem with people actually USING suv's. Carrying at the least more than 3-4 people at any time, or lugging large amounts of cargo, or off-roading them. Real off-roading, not driving down a dirt road at 15 mph every now and then

It's not the cars fault, and I don't blame the manufacturers for making what sells, I don't like waste. I don't get upset at people for being uncomfortable in their own skin, but I despise people blatantly using physical objects to try to mask their insecurities.

Hope that was enough of a rant for ya

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

porsche cayanne turbo would own all of yall
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        porsche cayanne turbo would own all of yall
        Yeah but our cars will outlast that thing down the road anyways

So far I've seen more than 10 Porsche Cayenne sitting in a shop with a blown engine, all under 20.000kms...Believe it or don't

Even the mechanics didn't know what to with them haha the only way to fix it is to replace the motor..

So far...My car has 341.000kms and it's still running strong

I <3 my turbo diesel 4wd rhd truck

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
          Yeah but our cars will outlast that thing down the road anyways

So far I've seen more than 10 Porsche Cayenne sitting in a shop with a blown engine, all under 20.000kms...Believe it or don't

Even the mechanics didn't know what to with them haha the only way to fix it is to replace the motor..

So far...My car has 341.000kms and it's still running strong

I <3 my turbo diesel 4wd rhd truck

Ronald
          id sport eh new duramax diesel (however it isnt an SUV so it would not qualify in this thread for discussion)...200k miles and the motor is finally broken in? pretty impressive.

also the european toureg diesel (the one in topgear pulling the jet) thats mad torque.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            I noticed that alo tof the big name companies are coming out with some soccermom sporty minivans. Like the acura mdx and the mazdacx-7,and nissamurano and the dodge calibur hmm will these cars surpass not about cars anymore will it be more about how much heavy luggage and people to whip around quicker from one destination to another?
            Crossover SUVs are the new station wagon. Most of the "trucks" you listed are based on cars (the Altima, Mazda 6, Lancer).

Personally I like those crossovers better than actual trucks. They're pretty close in size, mileage, and handling to a regular station wagon, and some of them look pretty cool. I would get something like an Infiniti FX or BMW X5 no problem over a station wagon... but I'd rather a regular 4 door over everything.

I hate truck based SUVs though. For the most part people don't need them... it's rare that people actually use them for what they're for. But the same could be said about a Ferarri or something. IDK

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

Personally I like those crossovers better than actual trucks.

For the most part people don't need [trucks]...

X2....

my favorite of the minivan wagons....Mazda 5...

go to the dealership and ask to look at a white Mazda 5 with burgundy leather seats....ull understand...its gorgeous...

the only thing is, its engine/transmission aren't too great....it should come with the MIDI turbo with 6speed....now that would be one hell of a mini-mini van
              DEVOTE

Comment

i think sparkle got beat by a new minivan.
                ]

Comment

The only SUV Id rock would be a 4Runner, those things are badass.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                    Oh yea and they look rugged as hell. I still want a pickup. Trying to convince my mom to get the newer odyssey since we have the gen 2. Just replaced the trans lol it went out woopdeedoo.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I mean Mercedes did discontinue the AMG M-Class because so many people rolled them over. I think its back, but this time it brought company.

Oh, I also found a rumor about how Chyrsler is going to create a Pacifica SRT8...sweet. In addition to the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 which out accelerates most "sporty" cars.

The Dodge SRT10 Ram outsells the Viper...again sweet.

BMW is also rumored to create some kind M inspired 4x4.

Yes, the death of the sports car wasn't enough. Its now time for auto manufacturers to annihalate the sporty cars as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                        I mean Mercedes did discontinue the AMG M-Class because so many people rolled them over. I think its back, but this time it brought company.

Oh, I also found a rumor about how Chyrsler is going to create a Pacifica SRT8...sweet. In addition to the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 which out accelerates most "sporty" cars.

Yes, the death of the sports car wasn't enough. Its now time for auto manufacturers to annihalate the sporty cars as well.

theyll never catch us in the turns.
                        ]

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282

LOL...

The SUV is the new sport coupe. Unfortunate, I know. But hey, we still have the Z, the RX-8, the S2K, etc... although I would def. love the return of the RWD sports cars one class under them, like the 240, etc.

In any case, the CB >>>> most cars on the road IMO.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                            1st gen is the best. takke off that hardtop and it turns into a pickup.
                            already has a rollcage from the factory.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

In any case, the CB >>>> most cars on the road IMO.
                              (runs laughing hysterically into the night)

Comment

Working...
                              X