War in Iraq...............WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War in Iraq...............WTF?

OK so i know these threads can go either way.

All i want to say is that im at work. I cant see the tv here but i can hear it.
    Like 30 mins ago i heard them say that 2 suicide bombers drove through a checkpoint with 2 kids in the car....they parked...got out....and detonated the car with the 2 kids in it.

Supposedly the 2 kids were some kind of distraction to get them through the checkpoint, and then i guess as a big fuck you the kids were the explosives.

When i heard that my fucking heart stopped.

I know this isnt the first time children have been used as shields etc but what the fuck is going on?!?!?!

I just cant believe shit has gotten as bad as it is.

And im a soldier, and yesterday i watched 6-7 bus loads of soldiers hug their loved ones goodbye and i must tell you it was a sad sight.

This is their 3rd deployement since ive been here to Iraq.

Of course they volunteerd and knew the risks but i just cant believe how fucked up the people are over there.

When you use children like that, i lose all respect for them. No offense to Arabic members but your peeps are trippin.

Wow... that's rediculous.

Though I suppose when they think that they are doing the will of Allah, they figure their children will be recieved as heroes. Not that I feel children should have so many virgins at their disposal... (Sorry, I shouldn't be laughing!)

In their minds, they are just sending their children to heaven (or whatever it's called, I'm no Muslim expert). That's just crazy, though. I wonder what Mohammed would think if he were alive to see what has become of his teachings...

Makes me think of All's "Crucifiction"... It's about the bloody misguided history of the Christian religion, but other than the Christian references, the concept applies.

Comment

Ibl
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yea, well thye need to figure out that no god would ever want you to purposely kill/sacrafice children. And if someone or somethign does want you to do that, they/it are not a god at all.

1997 2.2CL 5spd
        Debadged
        Clear Corners
        Cold Air Intake
        OBX Header
        8lb Fidanza Flywheel
        July 2007-TURBO!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
          Ibl

someone hacked your account again?

Comment

LOL! That is nothing.

I can't remember the term history assigned to it, but during the Iran Iraq war the Iranians used to take kids and then wrap them up in blankets and roll them into mine fields to clear the Iraqi mine fields so that soldiers would not be harmed.

By wrapping them in blankets, it was believed that there would be something left to bury, so that they could go to heaven.

The believed it was the will of "God", but what God would will that is not a God I choose to support.

Unfortunately, for God, many people have chosen to do inhumane things in the name of God.

I can't rightly say that we wouldn't deserve to have lightning bolts shoved up our asses.

Us lowly, human beings who bend reality to justify our means.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              LOL! That is nothing.

I can't remember the term history assigned to it, but during the Iran Iraq war the Iranians used to take kids and then wrap them up in blankets and roll them into mine fields to clear the Iraqi mine fields so that soldiers would not be harmed.

By wrapping them in blankets, it was believed that there would be something left to bury, so that they could go to heaven.

The believed it was the will of "God", but what God would will that is not a God I choose to support.

Unfortunately, for God, many people have chosen to do inhumane things in the name of God.

I can't rightly say that we wouldn't deserve to have lightning bolts shoved up our asses.

Us lowly, human beings who bend reality to justify our means.
              Wow i never heard that. Its not even worth looking up its so outrageous and disgusting.

Well when it comes to god i just live my life. I obey laws and such but i dont restrict myself. I do believe, however, that there is someone up above as i have been lucky i few times i shouldnt have been. Maybe i just have a guardian angel.

I dunno.

Either way these things shouldnt be waged in gods name. Its just dumb. Its a civil war it has nothing to do with Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                Wow i never heard that. Its not even worth looking up its so outrageous and disgusting.

Well when it comes to god i just live my life. I obey laws and such but i dont restrict myself. I do believe, however, that there is someone up above as i have been lucky i few times i shouldnt have been. Maybe i just have a guardian angel.

I dunno.

Either way these things shouldnt be waged in gods name. Its just dumb. Its a civil war it has nothing to do with Allah.
                I agree.

There are too many times in life that statistical probability just shouldn't line up in your favor, and yet it does.

I am not going to get into any philosophical, political, religous debates on here any more (or at least I am going to try), so all I will say is this.

We don't understand these people and their way of life. We have become too seperated from them. They do not have the same belief structure, that we do in many cases.

Unfortunately, the vast majority (somewhere well well above 90%) of Muslims do not think this way.

Also, unfortunately, the many suffer at the hands of the few.

Maybe it is small penis syndrome. I don't know.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Well I guess others think that WAR is not going to have anything crazy happen. All is fare in love and WAR.... I know you heard that one B4. I'll just say, I would do what it takes to get the job done..... There is always something going on in WAR. This stuff has been done B4 some people are just now looking at whats going down.. I don't like what happens, but at the same time.... I can't stop them from doing stupid shit....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

I hear about crazy shit all the time like that happenin, listen to democracynow.org or bestoftheleftpodcast.com tells stories about the real news, not what the media and government want you to hear.

Comment

i've spent 2 years of my life over there with the 4th infantry division. i am lucky to still be alive, god rest the souls of my fallen friends. this war is going nowhere, we arent saving that country in my opinion we should back out and cut our losses.

we have accomplished the main mission of getting saddam out of power, and then we started the rebuilding process, but they have chosen to not accept our efforts. so in saying that we cannot call this war a loss if we pull out now, we have accomplished much in the 4 years of this war at the cost of over 3k brave men and women.

i only see the casualties climbing due to the fact that this new enemy will always come up with another (better) sadistic way to try and destroy the new government that we helped start in an otherwise lost country. but then again, we arent goin anywhere as long as bush holds the title of "President of the United States of America".

Comment

Maybe some people believe all things are fair in love and war, but taking the life of innocent children? Im sorry, but that is JUST NOT FAIR.

1997 2.2CL 5spd
                        Debadged
                        Clear Corners
                        Cold Air Intake
                        OBX Header
                        8lb Fidanza Flywheel
                        July 2007-TURBO!

Comment

There is no real "enemy". We have no goal over there. We're fighting "terrorism"... supposedly. But where is terrorism? Are the terrorists the people who feel the need to repel an invading military force? I mean, we invaded their country! Sure, our intentions were good, but I'm sure Napoleon, Hitler, and the various Comunist powers also had good intentions (Napoleon is credited for setting up an organized public education system in Russia).

From the Iraqi standpoint, WE could be considered the terrorists. Hell, George Bush's approval rating within our own country is not that high... and it's even lower in most other countries. If there were a country with enough firepower, and a big enough ego, they could invade US and take him out of power! We'd call them terrorists, and we'd fight them tooth and nail.

There is no point for the war in Iraq. There never was a really good point. Saddam supplied Al Quaida with money. So did wealthy people all over Europe, Asia, and Africa... and probably people from the USA as well. Big deal. Saddam was a bastard that tortured his own people. He's not the only one. African tribal wars have been going on for years without any attention from the US... and just as many atrocities have been committed there. Saddam SUPPOSEDLY had WMDs. North Korea DOES have WMDs, and they made that quite clear by openly testing them! Iran also has them. So why did we attack one country that MIGHT have had them, and not the countries that are confirmed to have them?

Our resons for attacking Iraq were vague at best. Which death toll is higher? Saddam Hussein's victims, or the American (and allied) soldiers killed in this 4 year war? Sending soldiers to fight and die for no good reason is just as bad as killing them yourself, IMO.
                          To make this relevant to the topic at hand... Sending soldiers to die for an aimless cause and claiming to not be responsible (US government) is just as bad as sticking bombs on your kids and claiming that YOU didn't just kill them.

Comment

well put.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              LOL! That is nothing.

We called it "Bowling with Babies".

10 bucks says the kids were kidnapped.

I've spent my share ver there. I want to go back, but sadly my knee is still trashed from the last go round.

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Our resons for attacking Iraq were vague at best. Which death toll is higher? Saddam Hussein's victims, or the American (and allied) soldiers killed in this 4 year war? Sending soldiers to fight and die for no good reason is just as bad as killing them yourself, IMO.
                              Saddam's is higher, I can promise you that.

And at least the guys that have died over there have something of a say in how they go out. You're more likely to be killed in a car wreck than killed in combat. Following your line of thought, we should all quit driving, like yesterday.
                              Last edited by 203Cree; 03-20-2007, 10:27 PM.

- Rob -
                              92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                              85 Toyota 4Runner
                              1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                              2008 HD 1200N
                              2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                              X