rode in the fastest car ive ever been in last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rode in the fastest car ive ever been in last night

hey guys, i am NOT a big fan of the mustang seeing as though in connersville there are like 200, and the town has like 16000 people total. not 16000 cars, just people. crazy amount of them.

anyways, my friend chris just got a really good job and came into some money from his grandfather, and he bought a pretty built 2003 mustang cobra. the previous owner had it dynoed at about 560 whp! he told me everything it had done, but i didn't pay much attention because i was falling asleep on the phone(he bought it late in the night and called me excited to tell me).

anyways, i took a ride with him, and he pulled out onto the highway and was rolling super slow, like 20 maybe, and just lays into 1st gear hard the backend just walked and felt like it was setting up, and im just like whoa! he shifted to second, and in a couple seconds later it was through second and he was doing 80!(my cb7 2nd gear is like 50 or 55 or something haha) and the fucking car just kept me pinned in the seat, i just watched the speedo, and it passed 120, 140, fucking 160, just kept pulling hard with no problem, and the speedo was buried(since they go to about 160 on it) the needle was passed it a bit, and he just completely let off when we were at about 170... all i know is that it didn't take it much time at all to get there, and its the fastest ive ever been in a car.

i still am not a fan of mustangs simply because the number of them i see every single day, but god damnit that car was a beast.
    92 lx
    automatic
    slow

but its clean!..kinda

ya my girls cousin has a 95,minor engine work done,and that thing screams.its a v8 but god damn.they are super fast cars.i dont mind them.i see more cb7's than anycar ever.i think cb7's are annoying.but stangs to got some kick. my girls cousins chirps ever damn gear.

Comment

Yup, the '03s are nice. Haven't ran into one on the street yet (Hawk hardly gets driven)

Be careful out there on the streets though.

332.3rwhp 348.9tq SAE
      13.7452 @ 103.54 w/ 2.2443 60ft
      Needs website updated badly!

16.168 @ 86.29mph w/ 2.487 60ft
      Trick love the kids!

Comment

Yeah the v8 stangs are quick, and I totally respect them, but I just smile because I know what kind of gas they consume.
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

The 03 and 04 Cobra are hands down the fastest production car you can buy right now for the money.

Great cars and they react well to the correct mods. Strong engines to. It's about time Ford got off there ass and did something right instead leaving the engine building to the end user.

It's a fast car off the assembly line.

Great car, I've worked on several putting bigger chargers on them and etc. Sweet car for the money.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yeah cb7's are one of the most common cars on the road, and considering how old they are, its because they're so reliable. my friends doctor has a cobra and yes they haul serious ass, insanely fast. i dont think theres a cb7 around that could run with that (mabye if you dumped 25 grand into the engine... but the number of people who can do that are slim to none).

however im happy with my car, even though i filled her up today at 92c/litre, my cb7 took 48.80$ from running on fumes. ahh i hate to think what it would cost to fill up anything with more than 4 cylinders.
            1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

hell yea my friend has one they are no joke he has beaten a brand new 911 turbo, modded viper and a few other expensive cars on the high way. one of the fastest cars ive been in and the thing pulls constantly all the way threw the rpm band its crazy at about the end of 3rd gear your about 135mph its i know. you have to walk them out in first gear or else the independent rear will crumble the axles cant handle it.
              cb7 sold
              2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
              95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

yea, they do walk out hard. it has a great sound too. like you guys said, a great car for the money. it IS a lot of money, but it IS a lot of car.

you are right about there being so many cb7's around, but there aren't very many in my town with people actually modding them. mustangs however are what everyone who wants to build a car in my town has. thats why i say they are everywhere, but other places im sure there aren't many. we were driving along the other day,and fucking beat a bike.. i dont know what kind or anything, but for the most part they all run pretty good, so that was cool to take one.

he also refreshed me on what was done, it has a full valvetrain done, new heads that are suppose to flow amazingly, upgraded fuel throughout it, a new pulley on the blower, all the other pullies, a hood with heat vents, a stage 2 clutch, a knife edged and polished crank, and the car was dyno tuned by johnny lightning

the dyno number i found out today was 547 whp, and he didn't say torque..
                92 lx
                automatic
                slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

yea, they do walk out hard. it has a great sound too. like you guys said, a great car for the money. it IS a lot of money, but it IS a lot of car.

you are right about there being so many cb7's around, but there aren't very many in my town with people actually modding them. mustangs however are what everyone who wants to build a car in my town has. thats why i say they are everywhere, but other places im sure there aren't many. we were driving along the other day,and fucking beat a bike.. i dont know what kind or anything, but for the most part they all run pretty good, so that was cool to take one.

he also refreshed me on what was done, it has a full valvetrain done, new heads that are suppose to flow amazingly, bored out .30 over, forged rods and pistons, upgraded fuel throughout it, a new pulley on the blower, all the other pullies, a hood with heat vents, a stage 2 clutch, a knife edged and polished crank, long pipe headers, and a full flowmaster catback, and the car was dyno tuned by johnny lightning

the dyno number i found out today was 547 whp, and he didn't say torque..
                  92 lx
                  automatic
                  slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

man hes true about that when they race they round the corner right to make a signal to pull into the gasstation ohyeah!!!

Comment

Yeah, there is nothing quite like a good old American V8! My roomate just got a job at the Lingenfelter shop here in Dallas, and when he was there applying for the job one of the guys took him for a ride in the Lingenfelter twin turbo 427 LS1 C5 Corvette. He said it was ungoddly! If I remember correctly, 0-60 times were under 2 seconds, 1/4 mile was 9.18 @151 mph. I have a magazine around here somewhere with the article where it raced a Blue Angel jet....and won.
                      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                      X