automatic tranny cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic tranny cooler

i have been reading about the "automatic tranny cooler" in some threads in honda tech but didn't find much info in it.
    so i am asking here.
    what is the tranny cooler. is it just the fluid that goes on the botom of the radiator? is it like a small radiator that helps to cool down the tranny?
    i am a noob but at least i know how to swap the auto tranny. but i don't know what is a tranny cooler.
    can anyone explain this too me?
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

yeah basically you hook it up inline with your stock one under the radiator, i have one, its cool, i do hard break stands when racing, but im getting my 5 speed tranny very soon so, check my ride out im midnightaccord, Enjoy
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

yeah basically you hook it up inline with your stock one under the radiator, i have one, its cool, i do hard break stands when racing, but im getting my 5 speed tranny very soon so, check my ride out im midnightaccord, Enjoy

Comment

how much did u buy it???? do u have any pic of how it looks?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=4594
          and i bought it for about 70 bucks from B and M

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=4594
            and i bought it for about 70 bucks from B and M

Comment

hey dude where is ur batery. i looked at my car and there is now way i can put the tranny cooler at the same place u have urs. any idea about this???
              i was thinking of mounting it on the side of the radiator under the white container that holds some coolant.
              also does it come with some kind of monting brackets??????

Comment

lol my battery is in the trunk for better weight distribution, and the optimal place for the cooler would be in the bumper, so basicallt there probably would need to be some custom mods but nothing really hard

Comment

lol my battery is in the trunk for better weight distribution, and the optimal place for the cooler would be in the bumper, so basicallt there probably would need to be some custom mods but nothing really hard

Comment

yeah is see some space under the white container of the radiator. hopefully that will fit in there.
                    how big is the tranny cooler??
                    so i just take the hoses that come out of the tranny and conect them to the tranny cooler right????

Comment

no you must run the outgoing line from the stock one to the aftermarket cooler and then one to the tranny from the aftermarket

Comment

no you must run the outgoing line from the stock one to the aftermarket cooler and then one to the tranny from the aftermarket

Comment

oh so the hoses from the radiator>>>to the tranny cooler(aftermearket) then to the tranny??????
                          do i do that for both of the hozes or just only for one of them???? which one?????
                          and how much fluid do i add when i put the aftermarket tranny cooler????

i don't know anything about this one so bare with me.

Comment

ok boss here we go the tranny(automatic) there are two hoses runing into it, ok so one is the one to the stock cooler and one is back to the tranny from the stock cooler, now all you have to do is run a line from the right side of the stock cooler(right looking from the front) to your aftermarket one and then a line out of your aftermarket to where that right tube used to be before you rerouted it to your aftermarket cooler. As with fluid you will have to add a little more. Enjoy

Comment

ok boss here we go the tranny(automatic) there are two hoses runing into it, ok so one is the one to the stock cooler and one is back to the tranny from the stock cooler, now all you have to do is run a line from the right side of the stock cooler(right looking from the front) to your aftermarket one and then a line out of your aftermarket to where that right tube used to be before you rerouted it to your aftermarket cooler. As with fluid you will have to add a little more. Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                              X