No announcement yet.

What bugs you about this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing i hate bad is people who knock doing DIY for small stuff.

Ex a DIY for changing oil, or rattlecanning your wiper arms.

Yea these are easy things for the moderate to expert crowd here but for the novice this may be their first time ever touching a car.

That doesnt mean they shouldnt, it means they should try and learn, if they want to and this is the place to learn.

Besides when i signed up and took one look at the DIY section i was fucking blown away....so the more DIY(as long as we dont have multiples, although thats not bad either) the better!!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
      You should get JDM 1 peices.

rof

Comment

i understand people can state opions..hell ive done it before..with red clears...saying people should do that insteadof altezzas..but thats how the whole cb7 scene gets boring..abunch of cars running around with h22's..one piece headlights etc..looking the sammmee..do what you want..be creative ya kno..but..to each his own

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          You should get JDM 1 peices.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie

Yea these are easy things for the moderate to expert crowd here but for the novice this may be their first time ever touching a car.

That doesnt mean they shouldnt, it means they should try and learn, if they want to and this is the place to learn.

Besides when i signed up and took one look at the DIY section i was fucking blown away....so the more DIY(as long as we dont have multiples, although thats not bad either) the better!!

I agree with that sentiment. It isn't like you have to follow the DIY, and you just never know when you may have come up with something novel, that someone else has been wondering about, but wasn't sure how to approach.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ

LOL! I knew you would figure out I was just kidding.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                As devil's advocate...cheap ebay projectors are ugly as sin (no pun intended). And people do post pictures of their car on the internet..you can't expect NOT to get negative comments.
                Agreed... but there's a difference between someone saying something totally rude, and negative criticism. "I'm not digging the ebay headlights" is fine if you want to say something negative... that's your opinion, respectfully stated. "what sort of queermo would spend money on those shitty headlights? u must be a loser!" is a little much. There's a difference between negative criticism and an attack. IMO, if you don't have something nice to say about a car that the owner is proud of, there's no need to say anything at all... regardless, some respect could at least be shown!

That's not really what DhN was saying, though... I don't think. He was talking about the people who seem to think there is ONE way to modify a CB7, and ONE way ONLY. And that's just stupid. I don't want someone rolling around looking like me!

ebay projectors aren't my thing... but Accord SiR used to have a set (well, I think they were the APC ones... the only thing that company ever did right!) and I absolutely love his car. I'm not a huge fan of kits or loud paintjobs, but I think kamaccord's car is fantastic (and your old car as well, Eric...) Custom tails (kamaccord again), chrome rims and airbags (CustomLowz), and crazy body mods (PrimoCB7) are things that I normally don't like... but done correctly, I can appreciate the results! I don't think I'd want ANY of that on my own car, but I can admire someone else's work on their own!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie

I think I made a post one time asking for more DIYs... I wouldn't mind having 5 oil change DIYs and 3 "paint your wheels" DIYs... everyone does things a little differently, and everyone explains things a little differently. The more writeups we have, the better the chances are that a beginner will read one they can understand!

The same goes for repeat questions... as long as the original poster shows that they weren't able to find the answer in a search, anyway. Laziness is one thing, but it's often fairly apparent when someone doesn't search out of laziness, or if they honestly couldnt' find something. If we have 20 threads talking about various common swaps, it just increases the chances that future searchers will find an answer.

Comment

the only thing that bugs me is the Honda > all other cars mentality some people have. I suppose it comes with the territory though.
                    1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Napoleon Syndrome... Hondas are the little guys, the underdogs. While it IS possible for a Honda to be quite fast (2point6's 12.7 second H22 powered 90lx, or fast93accord's 11.5 second 93lx come to mind), it's not the majority of them. Most "tuner" Hondas are quite slow. 13.5 is something that most of us will never see... but any Evo, STi, Mustang GT, Trans Am, Camaro Z28... hell even an F150 Lightning... do that and faster in STOCK form. Sure, the Honda will outhandle a Lightning, but what does the Lightning owner care? They won't be autocrossing their truck. That "I may not be faster on the 1/4, but I can outhandle XXX" mentality is a copout.

We have to face it... CB7s aren't the best at ANYTHING... but they're a damn good mix of EVERYTHING And they make a fun (and practical!) street machine! I love my GTP. It's powerful, classy, nice looking, new... but I miss the hell out of my CB7! I have to get that thing back on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Napoleon Syndrome... Hondas are the little guys, the underdogs. While it IS possible for a Honda to be quite fast (2point6's 12.7 second H22 powered 90lx, or fast93accord's 11.5 second 93lx come to mind), it's not the majority of them. Most "tuner" Hondas are quite slow. 13.5 is something that most of us will never see... but any Evo, STi, Mustang GT, Trans Am, Camaro Z28... hell even an F150 Lightning... do that and faster in STOCK form. Sure, the Honda will outhandle a Lightning, but what does the Lightning owner care? They won't be autocrossing their truck. That "I may not be faster on the 1/4, but I can outhandle XXX" mentality is a copout.

We have to face it... CB7s aren't the best at ANYTHING... but they're a damn good mix of EVERYTHING And they make a fun (and practical!) street machine! I love my GTP. It's powerful, classy, nice looking, new... but I miss the hell out of my CB7! I have to get that thing back on the road!

Why ya gotta beat up on the Lightning guys?

Lot's of us *DO* Auto-X with them btw.

- Rob -
                        92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                        85 Toyota 4Runner
                        1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                        2008 HD 1200N
                        2009 HD 883N

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

deev, mustang gt's run 14.5 at best stock in fact i outran a 01 gt at the track and he ran 15.4 because he sucked at driving. then i killed a 5.0, the new ones are better. but nothing under 13.5, but yes your right about everything else, sorry, after owning a mustang, i have to rag on them as much as possible.
                          ]

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
                            Why ya gotta beat up on the Lightning guys?

Lot's of us *DO* Auto-X with them btw.
                            Just the most unlikely thing. Most large vehicles with supercharged V8s are all about acceleration. Handling is secondary. Honda owners (and owners of other underpowered cars) like to say that the handling puts them on equal ground... while that may be true, it's only applicable when the handling is part of the performance comparison.

The 4.6 GTs are capable of mid-13s when driven correctly... I've seen plenty that were NOT driven correctly, but that's not the point.

Our cars are great cars. They have plenty of potential... but they are not the end-all. They aren't the best at any one thing. They're probably one of the most well-rounded cars, though. I mean, there is a decent aftermarket, lots of OEM options (swaps, JDM parts, etc...), they have a decent look (older, but not OLD looking), they're comfortable, they aren't obscenely overweight, they're durable, they're fairly easy to work on, they're inexpensive, they're good on gas (even with a motor swap), they're easy and cheap to tune... I could go on and on. The CB7 is a great "tuner" car for someone who wants something a little more substantial than a Civic.

Comment

I love this forum. Yes, I'm a noob. But I love all the information and help on here. For the most part everyone is great. Just read through all of this and it's very interesting. I agree, accords aren't usually as fast as a civic or what not, but they have a great mix of everything. I'm very glad I ended up with this car (mom required srs) hahahha.
                              Yeah, more DIY's would be very helpfull. But something can be said for being forced to figure something out. Thanks for such a great site.
                              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                                I love this forum. Yes, I'm a noob. But I love all the information and help on here. For the most part everyone is great. Just read through all of this and it's very interesting. I agree, accords aren't usually as fast as a civic or what not, but they have a great mix of everything. I'm very glad I ended up with this car (mom required srs) hahahha.
                                Yeah, more DIY's would be very helpfull. But something can be said for being forced to figure something out. Thanks for such a great site.
                                f22's over d16's anyday...

Comment

Working...
                                X