I wanna mod a rental car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna mod a rental car...

How's this for a crazy idea... Just a funny thought I had.

Get a rental car, and do some crazy engine work to it. Add a turbo or something. Bring it back, and see what happens.

Waste of money, yes. Waste of time, sure. Interestng concept, .

I'd sit and watch for the rental guy to come out and take the car back to where they keep it... I'd be sure to get a nice loud BOV on there.

Discuss.

I don't know about that. I'm one for the free entertainment...like bubblewrap. Or stuff that REALLY pisses people off. My dad taught me one prank where you take a garbage can(no the city issued kind but the ones you put brush in) fill it 3/4 full of water, pee, gasoline and other liquid stuff, lean it against their front door at night and ring the doorbell and run off. Before this gets any "Wow you're a complete jerk...I hate you!" responses, the only time I've done this was to someone had stolen stuff out of my car before and told me he did it. We just didn't have enough evidence to prove that he did legally.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'd say that was funny... Safer than lighting a bag of crap on fire, at least!

Rig a water baloon filled with similar nastiness so it'll swing at their door (preferably a screen door) when they open it. With any luck, the baloon will hit the door and soak them in the goo!

Such pranks are funny in theory, and in VERY limited situations...

Comment

I knew a girl just out of high school that had an 89 Ford Probe Turbo. Her sunroof shattered so it was always open. We reached in and put a white shoe polish smiley face on the inside of her front window right in her line of sight. She drove it around for a week with it there and we copped up to it when we saw her at walmart buying brillo pads and Soft Scrub to get it off- she had been trying to get it off from the outside, and never thought to get to it from the inside!

She was about 3 french fries short of a Happy Meal.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Mike, u always have some crazy ideas.....i'd like to see u carry out at least one!!
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
            I knew a girl just out of high school that had an 89 Ford Probe Turbo. Her sunroof shattered so it was always open. We reached in and put a white shoe polish smiley face on the inside of her front window right in her line of sight. She drove it around for a week with it there and we copped up to it when we saw her at walmart buying brillo pads and Soft Scrub to get it off- she had been trying to get it off from the outside, and never thought to get to it from the inside!

Wow.....that's not the smartest thing ever. You'd think after about 30 minutes of scrubbing...

I had a few guys in the dorm I stayed in last year duct tape a guy's door shut. The whole outside of the door frame was covered in duct tape and in between the tape and the door was about 7 months worth of newspaper. It was HILARIOUS!

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
            2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

ill rent you my car and you can put a turbo on it?
              2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

Speaking of putting stuff in people's cars, we've put 2 buckets of catfish bait in this one chic's Camaro. It's ok though, it was a V6. It was another one of those "she deserved it" situations.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by c11x
                  ill rent you my car and you can put a turbo on it?
                  Good one

I saw a story online, dunno if it was someone on here that showed me or what... Some guys in a dorm I think wallboarded up some guy's door. Painted it to match the hallway and everything. Looked like a door was never there. Then they showed the guy coming home, getting all pissed off, and eventually busting through the wallboard. It was hilarious!

And Grumpy Old Men, with the fish under the driver's seat... I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate

damn man she must have been a dumb ass. i couldnt stop laughing when i saw that.
                    cb7 sold
                    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Check this out...
                      http://www.aces.edu/~gparmer/articles/neon/
                      That what you talking about doing?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Good one

I saw a story online, dunno if it was someone on here that showed me or what... Some guys in a dorm I think wallboarded up some guy's door. Painted it to match the hallway and everything. Looked like a door was never there. Then they showed the guy coming home, getting all pissed off, and eventually busting through the wallboard. It was hilarious!

And Grumpy Old Men, with the fish under the driver's seat... I love it.
                        Lol i saw that too, it must have been on here. That was the best. Had pics and everything.

Comment

i think it would be funny to put a shitty turbo setup on a rental car, crank the boost way, way up, blow the engine, put the stock parts back on and return the car and say the engine blew, u hardly have to pay anything it would be fun while it lasted.
                          1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

i think it would be funny to put a shitty turbo setup on a rental car, crank the boost way, way up, blow the engine, put the stock parts back on and return the car and say the engine blew, u hardly have to pay anything it would be fun while it lasted.
                            1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
                              Check this out...
                              http://www.aces.edu/~gparmer/articles/neon/
                              That what you talking about doing?
                              Exactly... That is the greatest thing ever!

Funny, I never thought a neon could handle so much punishment... Maybe they're not so bad afterall. Ugly, but maybe not bad...

Last edited by deevergote; 05-27-2004, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X