Got a ticket.... for my highbeams wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yofmatt
    4 real younger cops think theyre the shit... I was chillin in front of uni high school.............threw my wallet on the ground, uncuffed me & left. ASSHOLES!
    Then go to the police station and file a complaint with internal affairs. They have to check into everything- its what they're paid to do.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by yofmatt
      4 real younger cops think theyre the shit... I was chillin in front of uni high school at like 12:30 pm waiting for my homie and they rolled up behind me & cuffed me against the fence for no fucking reason. They asked me if i had drug paraphernalia 5 times & made a mess of my car & my backpack. all i had done wrong was i had parked in a "No parking 10am-7pm" zone. They threw my wallet on the ground, uncuffed me & left. ASSHOLES!
      Sounds like lawsuit time.

Comment

I drive with mines on all the time and never got pulled over with them... but that sucks
        " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
          just wanted to point you in the direction of this link maple...

http://www.massturnpike.com/pdf/cmr/7.08.pdf

i found item 22b (end of pg.6) quite interesting.. maybe you will too.. :o

plus, its just plain common decency and common SENSE to turn off your brights when there is oncoming traffic.. did you just completely disregard that when you took drivers ed??
          Thats sad an out of stata (stater) check out our laws.

Paak the Caa in Haaavaaad Yaaaaad
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by deevergote
            [B]Maple, I don't get it!?! When you do the conversion YOU DON"T NEED TO DRIVE WITH YOUR HIGH BEAMS ON!!!

If I saw you coming at me with your highs on, I would:
            1) Flash mine at you, figuring you forgot they were on.
            When they didn't go off, I would:
            2) Turn mine on and leave them on, giving you the same treatment as you're giving me.
            When THAT doesn't work, I would (and have done in the past):
            3) Swerve at you to scare the fuck out of you for being an asshole.

So True Stevie !! So true .. well .. with the exception of #3 .. LOL !! Usually tho ..
            I have been known to do a, *rapid fire back* from low-high and high-low .. just to piss um off .
            Maple ?? Wuddya thinkin man? ???? Doode .. let someone else drive your car ..
            then get at the wheel of a friends car .. then have your buddy drive at you in your car,
            with the high beams on .. get it?
            You're an accident waiting to happen man .. sure .. it looks *cool* ..
            but buddy .. c'mon .. as *Xplode* said .. "Hella Glare" ..

You deserved to be pulled over .. IMHO .. that's the kina stuff that gets *cool* things banned in some states ..
            ie: subs so loud that all of the mirriors in the next car at the light shake..exhausts so *rank* that
            they drown out simple conversation in cars going in opposite directions!!
            The *community* just becomes sick of it. ..

Lets not give the *law-makers* any reason to hate our *mods* .. drive sensible and be responsible.
            You know in your *neck of the woods* where you can get away with things and where you cant ..
            Keep it *out there*.

I'm off my *soap-box*

A Hui Hou !!
            Paka

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

i got that same ticket about 3 months ago. Appeal it the judge will most likely drop it. all you gotta say is you thoguth he had his brites on and you flashed him to tell him to turn his off cause you couldnt see
              I like Hummers to... Especially in the morning...

4x4 Connection.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                [B]
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Maple, I don't get it!?! When you do the conversion YOU DON"T NEED TO DRIVE WITH YOUR HIGH BEAMS ON!!!

If I saw you coming at me with your highs on, I would:
                1) Flash mine at you, figuring you forgot they were on.
                When they didn't go off, I would:
                2) Turn mine on and leave them on, giving you the same treatment as you're giving me.
                When THAT doesn't work, I would (and have done in the past):
                3) Swerve at you to scare the fuck out of you for being an asshole.

So True Stevie !! So true .. well .. with the exception of #3 .. LOL !! Usually tho ..
                I have been known to do a, *rapid fire back* from low-high and high-low .. just to piss um off .
                Maple ?? Wuddya thinkin man? ???? Doode .. let someone else drive your car ..
                then get at the wheel of a friends car .. then have your buddy drive at you in your car,
                with the high beams on .. get it?
                You're an accident waiting to happen man .. sure .. it looks *cool* ..
                but buddy .. c'mon .. as *Xplode* said .. "Hella Glare" ..

You deserved to be pulled over .. IMHO .. that's the kina stuff that gets *cool* things banned in some states ..
                ie: subs so loud that all of the mirriors in the next car at the light shake..exhausts so *rank* that
                they drown out simple conversation in cars going in opposite directions!!
                The *community* just becomes sick of it. ..

Lets not give the *law-makers* any reason to hate our *mods* .. drive sensible and be responsible.
                You know in your *neck of the woods* where you can get away with things and where you cant ..
                Keep it *out there*.

I'm off my *soap-box*

A Hui Hou !!
                Paka
                Perfectly said man.. its morons who do shit like that who get good things banned for the rest of us.. someone driving around with HID high beams making all hid's seem as "EVIL GLARE MACHINES" ehhh. lol.. not saying that your a moron maple.. it was not a smart thing to do and i wont deny that. but i hope youve learned from it that its not a cool thing to do to drive around with high beams on unless its an emergency.. IE.. your low beams happen to go out for no reason and u have no other source of headlights. then its understandable.. other than that they dont belong on.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Thats sad an out of stata (stater) check out our laws.

Paak the Caa in Haaavaaad Yaaaaad
                  not sad really.. just a basic google search..

just thought it was funny that i found this link right away and mr highbeams couldnt find shit about this law..

but like most people said, it doesnt need to be a written law, its just common sense/decency.. :o

Comment

Sounds like you may have deserved the ticket. It is not a good idea to drive around with brights on all of the time. Like everyone else said it blinds other drivers and makes for bad glare. But to correct some people, it is not illegal to drive with your high beams on. It is illegal when oncoming traffic is there but when you are by yourself you can have them on. They are not just for emergency use. I always put mine on if there is no oncoming traffic. You can better see things like deer, people, and stuff in the road. It is a lot safer to use them when no oncoming traffic is present. Next time you get pulled over be nice to the cop. Everyone always looks at cops as pigs. Yes there are bad cops out there, but the majority are good and are doing their job. I got pulled over for 61 in a 35. Yeah, at first I was like what the, but then I realized that he was doing his job. I was really nice and he said that he would put in a good word in court for me. (I got it reduced from $480/6pts to $180/4pts.)
                    Here are a few tips for when you get pulled:
                    1. Roll down both front windows and turn the car off.
                    2. At night turn on the interior dome light.
                    3. Keep your hands on the steering wheel.
                    4. Wait until he gets to the window to get out your license/registration. (It makes them nervous to see you rustling around before they get to your window.)
                    5. Tell the officer what you are doing. (Tell them that your are going to get your registration out of the glove box.)
                    6. Don't make sudden moves it makes them nervous.
                    7. Be as polite as you can
                    8. Don't lie to the officer. (If he catches you lying he will give you a ticket for sure.)
                    9. Just tell them what happened. (Why you were speeding, why you had your high beams on, etc.)
                    10. Don't do burnouts or obscene jestures or call the cop a name.
                    11. Go to court if you get pulled, more then likely they will at least reduce the fine.
                    12. Make sure to tell the judge the same story you told the officer. (They write down what you say and will know if you changed your story.)

That is all I can think of. I got most of these tips from an article I read in Sport Compact Car Magazine. One of the writers interviewed a former CHP officer. Anyway, the best way to avoid tickets is not to do anything illegal in the first place.
                    Last edited by Clemson90Accord; 06-23-2004, 11:26 AM.
                    FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

dont ever reach before they tell you to your ass will be riddled with bullet holes just do as they tell you . And make no sudden moves

Comment

Man if he was hispanic he probably would've caught a beatdown

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                        Frost White Member 13
                        My Ride
                        "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Working...
                        X