No announcement yet.

Got a ticket.... for my highbeams wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple, I don't get it!?! When yo do the conversion YOU DON"T NEED TO DRIVE WITH YOUR HIGH BEAMS ON!!!

If I saw you coming at me with your highs on, I would:
    1) Flash mine at you, figuring you forgot they were on.
    When they didn't go off, I would:
    2) Turn mine on and leave them on, giving you the same treatment as you're giving me.
    When THAT doesn't work, I would (and have done in the past):
    3) Swerve at you to scare the fuck out of you for being an asshole.

Yeah, maybe it's a bit extreme, but that's a pain to be blinded by brights. You don't need your highs on, and the 9005 conversion has nothing to do with it. With the conversion, you just have high-beam bulbs in your low-beam sockets... and they should be properly aimed so it doesn't look like you're driving with your brights on. The light output is still far better than the capped 9006 bulbs. If you didn't do the conversion properly, I'll gladly sell you some converted bulbs for $25 (www.briteliteconversions.tk)

Don't fight the ticket. You just pay the $49 or whatever for the ticket PLUS the $35 or whatever for court fees just to have the judge call you an asshole.

Comment

if there's no law, by all means fight it, but if there is such a law, you broke it, and from what you say, your a ass. Sounds like your just like the old 70 year olds who drive with there high beams on constantly, but they atleast have no clue, when you do.
      I feel bad for every on-coming driver in your state
      Good luck with going to court

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
        llol the conversion doesnt matter and yes he saw it. O well I mailed it today and gonna get a hearing saying i had new bulbs in

I also called the police station and asked what law 90/31 is and they said they cant seem to find anything that has it. There is no law on that i think its Bs
        the law is that whatever u drive>>> u can't put ur high bean. its against the law.
        if u wanna save ur ass of the ticket just appologise the judge and say that u got new lights in there and didn't realize that u had the high beans on.
        just appologise and hopefully the judge will throw away the ticket.

if u drive with ur high bean on then u are putting in rist the pedestrians and the the incoming traffic. don't just think about ur self but think about the others too.

hope u win it man. $80 is a lot of money
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

normal brights blind people, if u drove with hids on all the time i would personally get out of my car and kick you in the teeth. that shit causes accidents
          1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

sorry about the neg response Maple...Im behind you 100%!!!

.. oh and now you have convinced me to NOT do the 9006 conversion.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

just wanted to point you in the direction of this link maple...

http://www.massturnpike.com/pdf/cmr/7.08.pdf

i found item 22b (end of pg.6) quite interesting.. maybe you will too.. :o

plus, its just plain common decency and common SENSE to turn off your brights when there is oncoming traffic.. did you just completely disregard that when you took drivers ed??

Comment

not worth fighting, law book dictates that high beams can be used but not when oncomming traffic is near due to the high spread of the light and hurting their eyes.

think about it, high beams to oncomming people, how would u feel?

dimming high beams are DRL daytime running lights that run at 50% power.

if u fight it i have my money on it that you will loose, trust me, save urself time.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

not worth fighting, law book dictates that high beams can be used but not when oncomming traffic is near due to the high spread of the light and hurting their eyes.

think about it, high beams to oncomming people, how would u feel?

dimming high beams are DRL daytime running lights that run at 50% power.

if u fight it i have my money on it that you will loose, trust me, save urself time.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                    .. oh and now you have convinced me to NOT do the 9006 conversion.
                    It's not the conversion that did it... he was running his high beams, not just the converted bulbs. When you JUST have the 9005s, it's fine. You can always aim them down if they're too high. Mine were just fine (and I did the whole thing at 1am... fun stuff in the dark! :LOL There's a difference between having the 9005 conversion and running your actual high beams... One is legal and not annoying, the other is quite the opposite.

Comment

the conversion and the highs are differnt.

the low area where the 9006 normally sits is sheilded spreading...but the highs are not sheilded and light is projected to the road...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                        if you drive with your brights on at all times, youre a jackass..

you deserve the ticket.. suck it up and pay you pussy..
                        100% agreed,, dont be a pussy pay the damn ticket.. if i understand this correctly.. you wre driving with the 9005 conversion.. AND YOUR high beams on.. if this is correct your a fucking tard.. you deserve it.. its like going 75 in a 45 and being mad at the cop because he pulled you over, it was your dumbass who asked for the ticket.. if you drove by me like that man.. i guarenteed my buds in the back seat would get the paintballs loaded or grab somthing to throw at your car.. cus i hate peeps who do that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                          if you drive with your brights on at all times, youre a jackass..

you deserve the ticket.. suck it up and pay you pussy..
                          100% agreed,, dont be a pussy pay the damn ticket.. if i understand this correctly.. you wre driving with the 9005 conversion.. AND YOUR high beams on.. if this is correct your a fucking tard.. you deserve it.. its like going 75 in a 45 and being mad at the cop because he pulled you over, it was your dumbass who asked for the ticket..

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            the conversion and the highs are differnt.

the low area where the 9006 normally sits is sheilded spreading...but the highs are not sheilded and light is projected to the road...
                            Actually the light is barely projected to the road, the high beam Spreads from about 15 feet straight up and out.. hella glare.

Comment

deever, why would you buy pre made converted bulbs for 30 or even 25? shit i could do them for people for like 10..

Comment

4 real younger cops think theyre the shit... I was chillin in front of uni high school at like 12:30 pm waiting for my homie and they rolled up behind me & cuffed me against the fence for no fucking reason. They asked me if i had drug paraphernalia 5 times & made a mess of my car & my backpack. all i had done wrong was i had parked in a "No parking 10am-7pm" zone. They threw my wallet on the ground, uncuffed me & left. ASSHOLES!

Comment

Working...
                                X