Got a ticket.... for my highbeams wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a ticket.... for my highbeams wtf

Well it was about 2am and i was on my way to bring my x g.f home. Ive always drove with my highbeams on since i got the car. since i did the conversion its great.
    Well i guess there was a cop on the oncomming car and i saw him, but i never take my highbeams off there on constantly. so all of a sudden he turns around gets behind me and puts on his lights.

Im like hahahah what a little bitch
    the cop was an asshole. i im like why did i get pulled over? hes like give me ur registation first and your license and then ill tell you
    im like wow ur an asshole eh

then hes like see this blue light? Im like yeah hes like because u were driving with your highbeams on im like uh ok?

and he goes to his car and comes back 10 min later saying here im giving u a ticket for failure to dim highbeams.
    you can pay or appeal it and im like. Ill see you in court and i accidently spun the tires because i forgot to put up the e-brake to he turned around since he was walkin back to his car and i went to dunks and he drove by

What a bastard eh?

Is this something you can ever get a ticket on?
    I looked up the Law with the Numbers he put and theres no such thing. I read the chapter/sec he wrote and it says nothing to do with this So i think im gonan go to the police station tommrow and yell at them

I will have a pic of the ticket tommrow

This is what is says

90/31 civil Highbeams/failure to dim 35$

Im gonna fight it

can someone look up the law? Im from massachusetts

Read this below and i belive this is the law section he put

is the ticket lying

Give me ur input Chelmsford cops can kill themselfs.

http://www.state.ma.us/legis/laws/mgl/90%2D31.htm

for one,you cannot "dim" highbeams you can only shut them off(in technicality),for 2, going to the police station to "yell" at them is just stupid and will get you in more trouble,and for 3 if your driving around with your higbeams on you deserve a ticket,i hate when people do that to me.you should only use them in dark wooded or country areas when no ones on the road.and i doubt you would even have the balls to call a cop an asshole .and how fast were you trying to take off that you spun the tires?even with the ebrake on you should of only dragged the back tires unless you got the rpm's up and planned on taking off fast right after being pulled over.doesnt add up man.no matter what always respect a cop when they pull you over i have gotten out of so many tickets because of it even when i have been wrong.a routine pull over is the most dangerous part of there job.next time maybe you should not act like a little kid and show him respect and maybe things would of turned out a little different.
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 05-25-2004, 03:17 AM.

Comment

if you drive with your brights on at all times, youre a jackass..

you deserve the ticket.. suck it up and pay you pussy..

Comment

i guess you slept through that section during driver's ed course.
        Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Yeah that is a ticket riight there, good luck fighting it.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
            ...next time maybe you should not act like a little kid and show him respect and maybe things would of turned out a little different.
            Originally posted by Mista Juice
            Originally posted by usc
            i guess you slept through that section during driver's ed course.
            Somehow I don't think that this is the kind of support you were expecting when you posted that you got a ticket for doing something that you should get a ticket for.

If you get a lawyer and fight it, you'll spend hundreds for a ticket that costs you $80. Not a very good allocation of resources. Just pay it and get it over with.

What are you doing driving around your ex-girlfirend? That's the beauty of her being your ex: she can drive her own happy ass around and you're not obligated to be her taxi service.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

c'mon,that's a little too harsh...

maybe he just can't see too well @ night
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

rudeee peopleee yeah i cant plus it was pouring out and the light just reflects. and i can see 10x better with my highbeams on.

and to fight it u dont need a lawyer u just go to the court and tell them what happend.

and there is no law reguarding this so 1. i cant get a ticket if there is no law.

and dimming my headlights your right whoever said that..

Comment

you deserve the ticket..

I hope by fighting it they raise your fine. There are rules against using high beams, and I am so glad that cops actually will stop you for that. I get so sick and tired of being blinded by stupid drivers that should not be on the road...obviously like you. Thats great that having your high beams on makes you see better...it does for everyone, but as you can see you are of the many stupid people out there who dont care about the other drivers on the road.

My uncle used to have a nice thing for people like you... he had a raised up jeep with some of those huge really bright fogs on facing backwards. when stupid people came up w/their brights on... they got some brights right back at them.

Comment

the law is that u can't drive with ur high bean on. as simple as that. if u go to cort just say that u sorry and u didn't realize that ur had ur high beans on,,, and maybe they will go easy at it.
                    the cop was just doing his job. if u appologised to the cop right there maybe he could have given u a break.
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

OK you phreaks...he did a CONVERSION HELLO...uses 9005 bulbs in the reg driving lights..which yeah it is bright as fuck..because he drove behind me once i couldnt see shit...wait

Wayne...just fight it man
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

But didn't he say the cop pointed out the blue light? I can only assume that he's talking about the blue gauge cluster light for your brights. Dude, I'm not as harsh as those other guys but please, in the future, don't use your brights with oncoming traffic. Other people care about their vision quality as well and the brighter your lights are, the more their's sucks. If you did the conversion to 9005 bulbs, then what do you need brights on for anyways? Have you tried re-aiming your headlights? That could be part of the reason you can't see with your driving lights.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

llol the conversion doesnt matter and yes he saw it. O well I mailed it today and gonna get a hearing saying i had new bulbs in

I also called the police station and asked what law 90/31 is and they said they cant seem to find anything that has it. There is no law on that i think its Bs

Comment

oh man damn guys comon dont flame him its not his fault. Im sure that cop was doin his job to a certain extent. Most of em are dicks imo. They see other shit and they figure lemme go pick on this one for a second Cops in my opion are just government dogs who have nothing else better to do but to harrass and clash with the public.

True it is there job and all but you should always leave or not do something thats gonna attract the police in anyway,cause they will look for something anything to make their ticket quota. Shonuff and i will tell u that bro.

But anyway to make a long story short dont be a hothead just relax take it calmly and show them you had a reason for having them on casue you saw a dead deer or soemthing and you turned them back on to see for the meantme cause you didnt want to hit anything at the same time you saw the officer.

BUt in reality you probably woke his ****** ass up from sleepin in turn you violated code (zzzzZZZZ) thats the code for you woke me up and instead of savin someonesnot saving someones lfe and now imma give you a porkchop fine. Oh and uhhh dont be like those bmw's and shit with their highbeams on blindin me casue imma slow down on you to do a break check lightin up the streets and shit sooo hard imma just turn my headlights off and follow behind you and shit. im out

Comment

oh man damn guys comon dont flame him its not his fault. Im sure that cop was doin his job to a certain extent. Most of em are dicks imo. They see other shit and they figure lemme go pick on this one for a second Cops in my opion are just government dogs who have nothing else better to do but to harrass and clash with the public.

True it is there job and all but you should always leave or not do something thats gonna attract the police in anyway,cause they will look for something anything to make their ticket quota. Shonuff and i will tell u that bro.

But anyway to make a long story short dont be a hothead just relax take it calmly and show them you had a reason for having them on casue you saw a dead deer or soemthing and you turned them back on to see for the meantme cause you didnt want to hit anything at the same time you saw the officer.

BUt in reality you probably woke his ****** ass up from sleepin in turn you violated code (zzzzZZZZ) thats the code for you woke me up and instead of savin someonesnot saving someones lfe and now imma give you a porkchop fine. Oh and uhhh dont be like those bmw's and shit with their highbeams on blindin me casue imma slow down on you to do a break check lightin up the streets and shit sooo hard imma just turn my headlights off and follow behind you and shit. im out

Comment

Working...
                              X