So whos sendin there cars into the bodyshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whos sendin there cars into the bodyshop

Im sending both my cars in at the same time to the bodyshop that that one of our members sent their cars into. I wonder though is it too soon to do so or should I wait until it gets warmer?

Should be fine as long as the salt and whatnot are off the roads. I don't know if you even have to worry about that.

Mine is going in as soon as I get the motor swap done and a new bumper on it. Gotta get rid of the cancer, fix some dings and pull the hail damage.

- Rob -
    92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
    85 Toyota 4Runner
    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
    2008 HD 1200N
    2009 HD 883N

Comment

How much does it usually run to clean it up (cancer etc.) at a body shop? Just the other year I tried rust removal, I'm gonna finish up sometime soon. I was just wonderin if I should send it in or just keep doing my own thing .
      Originally posted by deevergote
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by myk
        How much does it usually run to clean it up (cancer etc.) at a body shop? Just the other year I tried rust removal, I'm gonna finish up sometime soon. I was just wonderin if I should send it in or just keep doing my own thing .
        it depends on how extensive the damage is my price I was quoted was 600 at one shop they have to cut out the quarter panel and reweld a next piece back to it. I plan on doing so on both car at the same time.

Comment

Be careful when you get estimates from the body shop. Make sure they also factor in any inner metal that may need to be patched. What you don't see with our cars when it comes to rust is much worse than what you do see.

Trust me on that one.

Comment

also remember, shops wont give you a warranty for rust repair work.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              Be careful when you get estimates from the body shop. Make sure they also factor in any inner metal that may need to be patched. What you don't see with our cars when it comes to rust is much worse than what you do see.

Trust me on that one.
              thats very ture I believe antangle told me about the shit under out door bottom trim where you cant see the rust but its definitely there. Ill be sure to keep that in mind though definitely

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                also remember, shops wont give you a warranty for rust repair work.
                thats true but I know some people out there in NYC dont want any beef if someone didnt do their ride up the first time properly theyll be back its all how they take it if they act up theyll be in for a world of hurt feel me . My boy had some rust that came back with a small blemish and he went back they didnt give him any lip very next day they fixed it.

Comment

I'm sending mine into the shop to see if they can find the electrical problem that is making my car not start.

like the battery is charged up, but the car has no power.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis
                    I'm sending mine into the shop to see if they can find the electrical problem that is making my car not start.

like the battery is charged up, but the car has no power.
                    wtf electrical problem yeah sucks to be you bro

Comment

I know.. everytime I turn around my car has a new problem. it really sucks.

Comment

My Integra is going into the shop for paint and some radiator frame pulling. Waiting till it gets warmer for me. It has no where warm to stay if it gets painted.

Comment

I'm going to have patch panels welding in soon, but I am seriously considering having all the bodywork done and having the entire car resprayed, it's going to be alot, but I think I'll appreciate the car 100X more My rust wasn't that bad when I got the car, but the metal behind the bumper isn't that strong anymore, so patch panels it is.

Comment

mine is soon i just ordered new fenders hood and bumper with stock lip and im not sure on the color yet either that is300 silver,s2000 silver or just the honda black
                            93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

my civic is going into my shop to get a full makeover in the next week

Comment

Working...
                              X