The Best Cf Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Cf Hood

I JUST RECENTLY WENT thru 4 cf hoods for my bang bus. my last cf hood was a vis double sided cf hood, it was shinney and strong but after a year or so it faded grey, liek the rest of my hoods.

tell me what kind of company hood u got and how long have u had it, did it fade? was it wortht he money?
    knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

I don't sell anything but Seibon C/F, I think they're the best, as long as you use a good wax, they don't fade.

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

seibon or vis is the best...seibon is a little better fitment though
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

name the price, im looking to buy a new cf hood, i just hate buying a new cf hood and then a year later i have to paint it to the color of my car bc it faded, my first cf hood was 7 years ago from fiber image
        knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
          seibon or vis is the best...seibon is a little better fitment though
          x2...ya gotta make sure it has a very good UV coating!
          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Seibon > VIS IMO.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my hood is made by cwings, fits very well, shiny as fuck but i decided to sand down the clear and reclear it myself. 100%better and it wont chip or crack cuz of rocks but i do have a cf trunk by vis. will clear that aswell soon.

Comment

.............carbon creation cf hood...i got it for 3 close to 4 hundred....1 year 3 months since i first got it....../ got it for christmas... thanks santa...

Originally posted by deevergote
                Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

just spend a lil more moeny and take it to a shop to get more clear coat on it
                  So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

my first cf hood by fiber image, i spent almost 700 bucks including shipping, this was 1999 before most of u even got an accord, i was proud rocking it back then and people be asking me if i got into an accident bc my hood was black, i tell them to look closer and knock on it .

the thing is when u get ur hood clear coated is the clearcoat isnt as strong as the coating on the hood, therefore when a rock does hit ur hood, it does chip the clearcoat and over time when your driving, the speed your driving with the rain and wind causes the open area of the chipped clearcoat to open bigger. How do i know this? i worked at the bodyshop and did my car myself and been thru 5 cf hoods.

I was very happy with my Vis double sided but I guess it didnt hold up well in florida weather and sun, now that i moved to s cali, i heard it gets up to 110degrees or hotter

Comment

i sanded my hood before i cleared it. did it twice same with my canards soon to my trunk aswell

Comment

I want a carbon fiber hood...hey Bien, you still got the old ones, I'll get that shit re-cleared in a heart beat
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I got mine from Teknotik here in Canada. I've had it for a year and it fits well and since my car doesn't see too much sun here so far it hasn't faded, but I will be making sure to keep some good detailing products on it. They are cheap from Teknotik I paid $500 (Canadian dollars), maybe you want to check them out, google their name.

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

^best sig ever^
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Mine is starting to fade a little but not bad

Comment

Working...
                              X