best day in a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by growguy
    haha actually i did have a good day on thursday. i was driving my galant home and the snow was melting suprisingly fast. as you might expect, there was lots of standing water. after going through a few deep standing water spots my fuel gauge & my temp gauge were both maxing out. according to the gauges i had way over a full tank of gas and my car was badly overheating and ready to explode. i was worried at first but after drying out a bit the gauges returned to their proper positions. sometimes i forget i'm driving a mitsubishi. lol
    Someone needs a honduh
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
      I actually opted not to get the two step. Because I know different conditions call for different launch rpms. They also did a few things I personally don't like with the chip. Vtec engadges when the engine is still cold. That may not sound like a big deal but if you think about it it really isn't smart to go reving the snot out of a cold engine. Oh well I keep a eye on the temp gadge anyway and wait to mash the gas

He also let vtec engadge when the car is standing still. Which is FTW
      The CEL for a shift light is a novel idea too. but again I didn't really want one. it does however blink at me when I'm hitting the rev liiter

I feel the basemap that was sent with the ECU could be better. so I have tentative plans to tuned sooner or later.
      Yea, I'll keep cehcking in on MRX's thread than. So our stock ECU's disable vtec until the engine is fully warmed up? IDK cause like u said its not too smart to go raggin on ur engine befoe its fully warmed so I always wait before I do any serious driving. I thought that CEL shiftlight would be a pretty good idea, since its set so high its not like it will be going off for any other reason beside when ur really pushing the car and it gives u more consistent shifts so you don't fall out of vtec in the next gear.

Comment

Working...
      X