The racing philisophy post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The racing philisophy post.

If someone races you, on the street or on the strip both people are committing to try to win. To make it from point A to point B in the fastest time. There laying down all there cards, by "cards" I mean driving skill, the shape of there engine, there car, the condition of there tires, etc. If a car isn't in working condition it doesn't matter, so be it, they chose to race like that. If they mis-shift, so what it happens. As stated before, the whole context of a "Race" is just going from A to B as fast as possible. Making it to B, wherever or whatever it is, first is what matters, anything else is just an excuse.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

kinda like in the old skool game road rash...when you screw up your bike enough times, i think you reach a point where if you go back to your bike, it explodes.

so i finsihed the game by running to the finish line.
    kthxbye
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol road rash, good stuff.
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Yup and remeber, there is only one person that wins. One winner and ex amounts of losers. Winning isn't everything. You have to be happy with how you performed as an individual, how you can do better next time, and not worry about how you compared to the other person. This will keep you improving and humble. It will also keep you from getting discouraged. Best thing to do is congratulate the winner yet let them realise you still will take them another time when you have improved. As the winner you cannot be smug but accept the win and still learn from it. Realise that maybe it wasn't your skill as a driver that led you to win but the performance of your engine. Realise that there is always room for improvement and that you could have just as easily lost.
        My .02 cents.

Comment

racing is addictive, seriusly.i wish we had track out here close by.i'd be there all the time.

ILBB
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

i dont know who used to be advid street racers, but its very addictive....not FNF shit, thats fake

i'm talking about small groups(maybe 100 cars, or at least thats how we did it, anymore and we would tell them to come another day, sort-of like organized crime)

AND THE TIME-OLD PHILISOPHY- RUN WHAT U BRUNG!!!!!!!(no combat kits, m3 side skirts, supra wings, underglow lights, none of that shit)

.......i miss being 16 again..........
            "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Doesn't "run what you brung" refer to simply racing what you have? If I show up with a kitted, glowed-out ricebox, I can't run it? Even though I brung it?

Racing is all a matter of definition. When I race on the street (which is rarely), I usually take it to about 60... usually in a 45mph zone. Yeah, it's speeding, but at least it's not THAT much over that I can't hit the brakes to slow down if necessary! To me, if I hit 60 and I'm in front, I win. That may not be the other guy's definition, but whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                Yup and remeber, there is only one person that wins. One winner and ex amounts of losers. Winning isn't everything. You have to be happy with how you performed as an individual, how you can do better next time, and not worry about how you compared to the other person. This will keep you improving and humble. It will also keep you from getting discouraged. Best thing to do is congratulate the winner yet let them realise you still will take them another time when you have improved. As the winner you cannot be smug but accept the win and still learn from it. Realise that maybe it wasn't your skill as a driver that led you to win but the performance of your engine. Realise that there is always room for improvement and that you could have just as easily lost.
                My .02 cents.
                x2, and your hatch is sick.

http://www.roadamerica.com/ <- never been there but its close. I plan to go.

"Road America is a four-mile permanent road course with fourteen turns outlined by seven miles of access road on 626 acres of land. In addition to the original four-mile course, there is the Briggs & Stratton Motorplex. This .8 mile course with varying terrain and challenging turns (multiple configurations include an oval) challenges drivers in race-prepared karts and riders on Super Motards."

(heh... motard. - deev)

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

haha

is this because of how ppl reacted when i told them my f22 ate a h22???

lol either way i agree.

a race is going from A to B faster than the other guy. if u beat him there, end of story, you WERE faster. note i did not say ARE. it just means that your car, and you the driver, out performed the other racer. great thread for ppl who cant accept that a faster car doesnt always win.
                  "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

I don't race, I got enough cops trying to hold me down lol
                    Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                    MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Doesn't "run what you brung" refer to simply racing what you have? If I show up with a kitted, glowed-out ricebox, I can't run it? Even though I brung it?

Racing is all a matter of definition. When I race on the street (which is rarely), I usually take it to about 60... usually in a 45mph zone. Yeah, it's speeding, but at least it's not THAT much over that I can't hit the brakes to slow down if necessary! To me, if I hit 60 and I'm in front, I win. That may not be the other guy's definition, but whatever...
                      yea maybe bad statement, but i what i meant by that is when we raced, the only thing that lighted up were headlights, taillights, and MAYBE their instrument panel and tachs(red was the color of choice, also yellow)

i recently went to an old race spot, and they were a few car their, but everyone of them had ginormous kits, wings, and some type of lighting. worse, they werent that fast, funny thing is the fastest car out there was a talon 1g doing about 400hp(and rusted to shit condition)

but now to say all that stuff makes you slow, just unnessasary(sp?) to me, but to each its own.......
                      "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

to me, racing has became a lifestyle. it is addictive and it turned into something i love doing whether its on the strip or street.

when i raced from point A to B, i respect the other driver whether if im gonna win or lose, even if i know im gonna lose! going out to the organized meets and racing every other weekend turned into a lifestyle that i enjoy.

But, u do have some so called "racers" that think they're the shit and have a cocky attitude and once they lose, they hate everyone and dont show any respect.

Police issue with street racing: Police try to stop it because u get unexperience drivers that THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING! and thrive for the popularity and show off and end up crashing there car's due to racing or driving fast in car's that they cant handle or in car's that aint made for racing! Although, u could "race" in any car but racing a car revolves into upgrading the engine and the suspension! - to handle the car at high speeds.

Overall, racing has become addicting to everyone who gets there hands on a fast car or a car that they could fix up. Its attracting the younger crowd now in days and for some of us older people it has become a lifestyle. Remember!, learn about your car inside and out before u race and do it at your own risk whether its in a control environment or out in the streets!
                        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Ya, street racing has made quite the comeback. Honestly there was streetracing just like nowadays(possibly better) untill the gas crisiss. Then came these little japanese cars about ten+ years later. No one though about it till now. The next generation of youth took these new style of cars and just like the generation before it with muscle cars, sooped them up with any means possible and took to the streets. It defenetly is addicting and cops only care because they have to and they care for the safety of everyone(including the kids racing and everydays drivers). Its just their job description.

Comment

Originally posted by champagneaccord
                            Yeah dude, theyre all out to get you. In fact, so are we.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by champagneaccord
                              yaya, the world is out to get you, blah blah blah...

Comment

Working...
                              X