Insuring a second car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insuring a second car?

Ok, I hate the phone, so I don't feel like calling my insurance company to get a real answer. SO, I'll just ask you guys first!

I want to get a second car (1986 Accord LXi Hatchback) and I'm curious how the second car thing works. Will I be fully insuring this car as well? Like another $1200 a year (which is what I pay now) or will it be a smaller amount?

it should only be a few hundred bucks more i think. i would put the 89 accord as your daily driver and the 92 accord as your second car it will be cheeper that way.
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Awesome! Great idea Jay! Never thought of putting my CB7 as the second...

I'm gonna shop around for a better rate too. Who knows, maybe I can knock my insurance back down to the $800 that it used to be (increased for no reason...) and pay another $300 for the second car. That would put me about where I am now!

Comment

yeah definatly shop around... i have geico and i like them alot..
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Yeah, I wish I could get Geico or Progressive... the cheapest ones aren't offered in Jersey. We suck!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Yeah, I wish I could get Geico or Progressive... the cheapest ones aren't offered in Jersey. We suck!
            yea man... NJ sucks when it comes to insurance... highest in the damn country... i mean... who else is left in NJ? state farm left.. there's no progressive or geico... all i can think of is Allstate...

Comment

State Farm, Allstate... and I think Prudential... my friend pays $1500 for full coverage on 2 cars! I don't know how... He has prudential though, I think (and he's married...)

Comment

man yo uguys are getting flammed over there..

i heard they dont have road signs and shit, that tell you where to get off on freeeways, is that true?
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Nah, we have em. It's just so congested with all the cars, and all the new roads built over old ones... and old neighborhoods... it's just unorganized. To get to school, I can take the "express lane" on rt 42... but I need to hop like 5 lanes to the right (quickly) to get on the road I need when it forks... There's a sign, but it's confusing as hell. Says right 3 lanes to rt 676 (which is what I need...) However, they ADD lanes as you're getting over! So 3 lanes turns into 5... In the morning rush (to Philly, mainly.. same direction) it's hell.

Comment

i pay 46$cdn/month for my accord. i also have a clean driving record. i could insure another accord for about the same price. 1500 a year... wow im glad i live in sask.
                    1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Working...
                    X