Im so Sick of This Shit !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im so Sick of This Shit !!!

Well anyways , Im just bitchen about Speed Bumps , Pot Holes , Raised Centers of Rods , Steep ass Inclines into parking lots / Driveways , Im ready to make a huge decision , I never have been into the whole Air Bag thing BUT right now im deciding on air ride struts , I dont want to do these speed bumps and shit anymore but I LOVE the DROPPED SLAMMED look , so there is only one fix im thinkin air ride it and be happy , no more scraping around ,

Reason for this rant is basically cause of my situation the past couple days

-Went to get an easy quick oil change before driving down to mass / Car wouldnt fit over the floor bay it scraped on the metal lip

-drove to mass to get a friend from his college / 35 fuckin speed scrapin bumps later finally out of the college with torn up mud flaps and exhaust

-driving on highway hit a slight pot hole "so I thought" / ripped up my right front tire and ball joint

-Pulled into a wash bay self spray setup and the slight incline into the bay scraped lip and undercarriage OUCH

These things alone have me in the market for some Air Ride ...
    Im thinkin about this kit that ive seen thts plug n play can anyone suggest some setup thats nice , I dont want anything slow and I want to be able to auto ride height when car is turned on and then play with it when needed

Send anyone and everyone that knows anything about air ride on our accords my way please , thanks

-Sean-
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

I always hated when kids and their lowered car cam into the shop. had a hell of a time getting it onto the lift, or getting the lift arms under it. I was glad when the shop manager started a new thing where lowered cars got charged an extra $20 for any service requiring them to be on a lift. half that charge went to the tech doing the work.

Putting air ride,bags, whatever to raise and lower, your going to run into other problems. mostly eating tires. You'll buy more tires then it's worth. Why not just put coil overs on it and lower it to a good hight so you can drive the car over speed bumps, but still look nice low.
    Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 02-27-2007, 10:45 PM.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know if u set a ride height and drive at that height you wont burn tires up , as long as u align the car to that ride height setting , I cant see myself driving slammed and would only drive raised over speed bumps into parking lots etc ..

I dont know if i like the coilover idea cause it would never be low enough and by the time I put it at the height i like it would be down where it is now . so it wouldnt make much difference , Ive noticed i dont think most cars are low enough for my taste even with coilovers , its all about the look LOL

I dont know I was kinda bitchin before , I think i might like the air ride cause im gettin old and dont race around much anymore , who knows we shall see .. but I know i want the air struts not bags themselves cause I heard something about being able to adjust dampening on the strut type setup .....

thanks for the info though

Comment

Pics of your car as it is now??? I want to see how low it is.
        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I will try to get one , I think my springs have settled alot or something cause all the pics in my profile are higher , could blown shocks make it sit lower , I always thought it was just the springs that make it sit at certain heights , but it looks alot lower than it was before , I cant place my toe of my sneaker under the mudflaps , there is about 1.5" from mudflap to the ground , its low

-Sean-

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea
            I will try to get one , I think my springs have settled alot or something cause all the pics in my profile are higher , could blown shocks make it sit lower , I always thought it was just the springs that make it sit at certain heights , but it looks alot lower than it was before , I cant place my toe of my sneaker under the mudflaps , there is about 1.5" from mudflap to the ground , its low

-Sean-
            thats low...you live in the NE you definatly shoulda though about that before lowering it as much as you did

Comment

yea, thats way too low...u will definitely scrape sorry to say.
              Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
              Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea

-Sean-
                Spring is what determines the ride height. What springs are you using right now that is making your drive so difficult?

Comment

If your shocks are blown, you're more likely to just smack into things...

There's a new member on here named Lang. I met him the other day, he's a cool guy. I think he has an airride setup for sale if you want it.

Comment

Sean you should know this by now man. Potholes are enemies of ANY owners of lowered cars who live in MA and parts of NH and ME lol.

You shouldve seen me trying to drive Dan's (GraniteCb7) car, I had to cringe everytime we hit some of the worst roads in Mass, its unbareable for me and I dont know if id put a car thru such torment.

Henry
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Dude talk to Customlowz!!!

Except he is on bags i believe.....but he would still have some insight....

damn that is low homy.....pics please!

Comment

Get a legit suspension...

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

get a different muffler. & raise it up about 1/2".

or

keep the set up you got now & put some aluminum skid plates under it.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf

get a different muffler. & raise it up about 1/2".

or

keep the set up you got now & put some aluminum skid plates under it.
                            your my blue twin

Comment

So noxidea, what have you decided?
                              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X