which should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which should i get?

i plan on getting another car later on this year but im stuck as to which one i should get.

'98 4dr accord: i love the body style and i had planned on doing a taillight swap onto the cb7 from the '98 accord. but figured i might as well buy one if im gonna do that. lol.

bad: doesnt look very good dropped. i think certin gen. accords look better with dropped suspension. not sure if a '98 accord would look very nice with a 2 1/2 drop. lol. and there isnt very much after market for them like the 4th and 5th gen accords.

'94 accord(5th gen): these things looks freakin hot with just a minor drop and even better with a 2in(or more) drop on them. lip kits and exhaust look better from the back also.

bad:not sure if theres anything bad about these. i havent heard anything bad about them yet. ive been mainly focused on the cb7. one main thing i know is that i dont want the VTEC that come in the 5th gens. they dont seem to have very many mods you can do to them and i know more about the non-vtec that come in them b/c the 4th gens have them.

these are just my opinions. if anyone has any suggestions or info on either one of these models post up. holla

I'd rather have the F23 than the F22B. I've never liked the F22Bs found in the 5th gens. I've been driving my wife's 02 SE with the F23, and I dig it. Not a rocket, but it's got enough scoot to it that it can get out of it's own way.

If you get a 6th gen, you should stay away from the 98. I'm not saying that it's bad, but it's the first year for the 6th gen. Any bugs in the model were most likely worked out in later years, but may be present in the first year. I have an 02, and being the last model year, it's probably safest of all in terms of bugs! The coupes are amazing (some hate them, but I love the NSX tails!) and the sedans are decent. I say the 6th gen is damn close in terms of appearance to the CB7. The 6th gen actually has a pretty decent aftermarket, and they're becoming cheaper, so there will be a demand for more tuning parts.

Comment

^^^ Everything Deever said....My mom had an 02 SE model until last month when she sold it, and it was awesome. Hers was a stick, and the Vtec was good fun. I think with a medium drop (as opposed to slamming) it still looks good, and its comfortable as hell. The SE came with a moonroof, power windows and locks, and heated seats. A nice package. And again in accord (haha) with Deev, the coupe is one of my favourite looking Hondas (gotta love the NSXish ass)

I say buy the 98-02 coupe if you can get one, and enjoy the F23!
      1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

thanx man. i thought about it and its true about the bug thing. i know i think that same way about new game systems that come out. id rather wait like a year or two for the price to go down and MAINLY when all the bugs are worked out and i can get a system that came in a NEW shipment. not one already in the states.

i forgot the 2k accord look the same as the '98s. i like the coupes too. especially since one day i saw a coupe in i think it was super street that looked like a skyline. thats been a plan of mine for a while but i dont plan on doing that anymore.

i would think about getting an 2k acord coupe, but the taillights are up too high. lol. i like them. but their up too high on the rear.

Comment

Sixth gens actually look good dropped with the right rim combo and such.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            I'd rather have the F23 than the F22B. I've never liked the F22Bs found in the 5th gens. I've been driving my wife's 02 SE with the F23, and I dig it. Not a rocket, but it's got enough scoot to it that it can get out of it's own way.

If you get a 6th gen, you should stay away from the 98. I'm not saying that it's bad, but it's the first year for the 6th gen. Any bugs in the model were most likely worked out in later years, but may be present in the first year. I have an 02, and being the last model year, it's probably safest of all in terms of bugs! The coupes are amazing (some hate them, but I love the NSX tails!) and the sedans are decent. I say the 6th gen is damn close in terms of appearance to the CB7. The 6th gen actually has a pretty decent aftermarket, and they're becoming cheaper, so there will be a demand for more tuning parts.

I can vouch for this 110%

My girl has an 02 Se as well and ive driven it and it can get up....its a coupe obv and the NSX tails ftmfw!!!!!

No bugs in hers so far ::knocks on wood::
            Shifts great, rides smooth, and looks clean!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Sixth gens actually look good dropped with the right rim combo and such.

i think its just b/c i havent seen very many dropped 6th gens before. i know ive seen like DONZENS of 5th gens slammed.

but those 6th gens do look nice tho. i may end up getting the 6th gen instead. and maybe buy the 5th gen as a project car. thats IF i have the money. lol. how much do yall think i could look to spend on a 6th gen? around about like $5-8k?

Comment

Working...
              X