Your take on dsm's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your take on dsm's?

Well..im thinking of getting a first gen or second gen eclipse...ive seen some crazy numbers with them..plus awd ftw!!

anyone have experience with them or have any ccomments about it...thanks yooo

i hate them....they can be fast but not great DD. I had one....my brother has one still...side note...he's in my moms backyard fixing again right now....dsm sucks as DD
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

1st gen > 2nd gen.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've had friends with DSM's who haven't had any issues with them, but they also don't beat on them and heavily modify them either.

I've seen plenty at the track (both circle and drag) to tell me that they can sure get up and go, as well as handle.

It just appears they're not as idiot-proof as Hondas. You can't beat on them day in and day out without expecting something to break.

I still want a 2nd gen Talon...with the revised front end, but the Eagle filled in. Of course I'd prefer the 1st gen motor though.

Comment

I have yet to see one DSM that doesnt have problems. I am sure if you look hard enough, you can find a grandma driven auto TSI. But for the money you would pay, it really wouldnt be worth it, as the beat ones sell for an arm and a leg.

Comment

Easily one of the most reliable 4 cylinder Gasoline Turbo Engines. They go like mad too. Cheap parts, HUGE following.....and the DSM guys are pretty cool.

VERY hard to find a nice one.......please be prepared to spend over $5000 for a low mileage, well maintained Eclipse/Talon/Laser. My friends 97 7 bolt 4g63 had over 170k miles, on 16 psi DAILY......it ran like a champ, and was faster than hell for intake, manual boost controller, bov, and exhaust....He easily put over 240-250 whp. Which equates to (w/ traction) low 13 seconds.
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

well i live next to a highly reputable dsm shop..an d a friend works there and id get good deals on things as well as if they have spare blocks or other parts for a rebuild...

its either sell the h22 cb7....and the spare h22 block and turbo parts. and get a 1st gen dsm.....idk man

Comment

you can find nice ones, and take care of them and be fine. I kind of regret getting rid of my accord for one though.
                HSHO #3

Comment

Working...
                X