Dent Sport Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dent Sport Garage

Man this is the one Massachusetts tune shop to watch. For any of you local peeps.

These guys are from Norwood and I just finished reading the article about the shoot out they had with ASM Autobacs s2000 and holy shit , professionally built versus a donated and mostly fabricated built 240SX.

The 240 won this shootout.

The 240 out ran the S2000 at Virginia International Speedway at GTLive with a time of 2:26:136 while the S2000 came in at: 2:28:187

I talked to one of the guys who runs the shop via AIM a couple minutes ago and he told me that the car is going thru some aero work this winter. I also asked if they're known locally thru any forums (local) and the guy tells me they sponsor NAISOC since most of their work involves the the Evo and WRX.

And they host one of the largest gatherings of Impreza WRXs owners EVER over at Nashoba Valley.

They do Honda swaps as well but it was quoted at around $1,000 plus cost of extra parts.

I had actually never heard about them until I picked up this issue and they were on the front cover page.

Pretty damn impressive for a tune shop thats only 4 years old. I'm going be watching this guys.

Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

I have this issue sitting on my bed. They have done an amazing job with that s13. I would like to see more of their work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
      I have this issue sitting on my bed. They have done an amazing job with that s13. I would like to see more of their work too.
      Im yearning to take a ride down tomorrow just to stare at it
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

not all TOO impressed i wish they woulda ran agains ASM's tsukuba special that toasted the tsukuba circuit in under a minute, N/A!!!. almost un fucking heard of. plus the car they ran against is STREET LEGAL and driven as such. that 240 has a boosted 2 litre antilag tommy mackenin turbo and its not even a full car. of course it was faster. kudos to dent sport for slapping trash together and making a monster. i mean the dude from ASM bought the car built and tuned the car for himself personally. it wasnt tuned by some crack team of engineers at ASM so all in all you have to put in perspective how much dent sport actually accomplished with a track only boosted roll cage with wheel. and i just remembered. ASM ran street tires vs. dent sports slicks right?

-sean
        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

^ That isnt the point. Its the little guy vs. the big guy. The little guy came out on top for a change. You obviously just dont like that

Haha I wish I was that close. I want to build a car like that some day. I just dont know what.
          Last edited by Dv8; 02-16-2007, 10:01 PM.

Comment

True, it's little guy vs. big guy, but the big guy had a significant handicap! The cars weren't both meant to be track cars. One is a track queen, the other is a street machine. Put ASM's track car against Dent's 240 and Dent has no chance! It's comparing apples to oranges. If I were to brag than my swapped CB7 beat a Mustang on the track, would it make a difference if it was a V6?

Regardless, I do give Dent credit for creating such a beast. I have that issue sitting in my throne room.

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
              not all TOO impressed i wish they woulda ran agains ASM's tsukuba special that toasted the tsukuba circuit in under a minute, N/A!!!. almost un fucking heard of. plus the car they ran against is STREET LEGAL and driven as such. that 240 has a boosted 2 litre antilag tommy mackenin turbo and its not even a full car. of course it was faster. kudos to dent sport for slapping trash together and making a monster. i mean the dude from ASM bought the car built and tuned the car for himself personally. it wasnt tuned by some crack team of engineers at ASM so all in all you have to put in perspective how much dent sport actually accomplished with a track only boosted roll cage with wheel. and i just remembered. ASM ran street tires vs. dent sports slicks right?

-sean
              Yes they ran street tires but the owner of the S2k is also a co-owner of ASM versus a shop that just started up in 03.

They built the car on a limited budget having to basically fabricate a majority of the car itself.

:edit:

I still think its rather cool to know that someone whos local around here went up against that beast of a machine.

If I do get a chance to see the car in person Ill definitely take pictures.
              Last edited by HenRoc; 02-16-2007, 10:15 PM.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

*Lots of pictures*

Comment

ugh. i knew my view would be taken in such a wrong way. all i was saying is what deev said. apples and oranges. but they acted like dent sport just defeated the ASM tsukuba track car. i mean shit the dent sport car is magnificent dont get me wrong for a second. but ASM's car was by no means the goliath of the 2. ehhh i know how i feel but i dont know how to make it so everyone doesnt think im downing DSG's car. lets just compare apple to apples and see where ASM leaves DSG while taking in only atmospheric pressure against that boosted monster. now that would be a true test . anyway i thought it was a great article and of course i was pulling for the little guy (dsg) i like that they came out on top.

-sean
                  Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                  Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Hmm...they install straight cut gears into EJ series transmissions.

I need to keep that in mind.

Comment

whats up with the rear bumper?
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

how could anyone really think that the 240 wouldnt be quicker then the s2000?

that article was cool but not exactly a fair comparison.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Working...
                        X