Average Milage per gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordztech
    SE's get better gas milage i think when compared to other accords..i forgot where but i saw a comparison for all the cars.

i get about 320 a tank...thats to the bottom..

if i really floor the car, i get like 270....

i never changed my fuel filter...have to order it tomorrow...

i used to get like 270 max...then i cleaned out intake systems and now i get alot better milage =)
    is the SE lighter than the DX?? i thought that the DX was the lightest...so wouldn't it get the best mileage for miserly people??

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
      150 miles per gas tank... This is on my stickshift EX too. My old auto LX got better gas mileage. I just bought it so i am gonna get into doing a tune up soon.
      how do you get half the mileage that most other people get?

Comment

(after conversion from Metric)
        I consistantly run about 295miles per 14.5gallons, which works out approximately to a steady 20mpg.

Not too shabby, considering my car is bone stock and I do an equal mix of hwy/city driving.

Of course, that's before my TCC died. We'll see how she does with a replacement swapped in.
        "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

fuel economy

If 14 gallons gets you 295 miles, logic would dictate that 295/14=21.07 MPG. Add 3 gallons for a FULL tank and come up with 17*21.07=358.19

So, 358.19 miles for a 17 gallon tank. If you actually had a Canadian gallon which is 4.5 litres (not a 3.78 litre imperial gallon) your MPG would be 25.08 !!!

Congratulate me cuz I just a 92 4 dr. EX (Canadian model) with ONLY 373,000 kms on it. My second CB7. Last one was a 90 LX. I got T-boned by a Dynasty and then traded the wreck for an 86 Prelude, which I then sold.
          YEP. I AM Canadian.
          1990 Accord EX 220,000 KM. Essentially stock with 15" alloys and chin spoiler added. K&N filter and Bosch plugs. ICE COLD A/C which I love!

1992 white EX 4 dr, 5 spd. (602,000 Kms and I JUST RETIRED IT. SO SAD!) DEC 9TH, 2005 - MAY 31, 2012. I added 229,000 kms to it. Great car!

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
            Bump for new personal record!

410.8 miles on 14.5 gallons = 28.331 mpg! I'm so psyched! For the past week I shifted religiously at 2500 RPM and coasted ALOT. 28MPG is hawt but still not close to the 500 mile tanks! I don't know whats wrong. The car is tuned very nicely.

- Tire PSI
            - Oil change would help
            - New plugs might help
            - Always have windows down, never a/c or heat.

Aight I just had to post. Continue!

- Zipcreature
            Having your windows down creates a drag inside the car (on the back glass) and makes your mileage worse. :P I'd just use the vent and keep my windows up if I'm too warm. And I'm pretty sure the heater wouldn't affect gas mileage because, isn't it that all the heater does is suck the hot air from the engine into the car? So I wouldn't see how that'd affect gas mileage.

Comment

Heater doesn't significantly affect mileage either way. AC certainly does! Windows down does increase drag, but it's not THAT bad. I think I might get 20 miles less out of a tank with the windows down, and that may or may not be the cause.

Comment

I fit nowhere in this MPG thread...cause my MPG isnt pretty...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                  I fit nowhere in this MPG thread...cause my MPG isnt pretty...
                  LOL that's cause you have a snail in your exhaust dude, work on that...

I recently got ~310 miles from ~~~12.5 gallons, so I avgd. about 24mpg. Driving on Jersey highways really does the trick. I'm still at 20mpg on avg. though the rest of the time, which IS THE SUXOR, but eh...I still have to change my O2 sensor, and I really think my exhaust smells like gas, so hopefully that'll fix the problem. I think I'm due for some spark plugs too...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

my mpg changes so often it kinda scary. ceterus peribus, it will go from like 32 down to 23/24. i'm like wtf. although when it was stock i would be lucky to get 22mpg on the highway... now with all my mods i get closer to 30 on the highway yey! filled up yesterday and got 392.3miles on 14.362gallons.
                    My members ride thread

Comment

Having a Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump does not help my case much either...OMG. This car is gonna be my daily...I miss the EVO already.

Comment

i get about 330? and about 14 gallons, usually my best MPG is around 25-27 MPG off Shell gas, off of arco..its like 22 :-\
                        92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
                        and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

I've yet to test out how far I can go on my CB7, but on my 94 CD5 I got 500 miles on one full tank though. I'll let you know when I've tested the CB7.
                          RIP:
                          1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                          1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                          Currently daily:
                          1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

I was thinking, I read online and listed a stock 92 accord should get something like 21city/25 highway. Seems odd people get a lot more than this...do you think its due to engine wear, and the worn in engines are just broken in better and do better? Those specs were for brand new cars, and as they get older they wear in and the ecu learns more...

I was thinking of changing the 02 sensor, but I dont know if its bad. ***EDITED-->*** I looked online and it ranges from $70-$100 range for a new 02 sensor. I think mines doing just fine
                            Last edited by PiercedLip81; 11-08-2005, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hondajeff
                              If 14 gallons gets you 295 miles, logic would dictate that 295/14=21.07 MPG. Add 3 gallons for a FULL tank and come up with 17*21.07=358.19

So, 358.19 miles for a 17 gallon tank. If you actually had a Canadian gallon which is 4.5 litres (not a 3.78 litre imperial gallon) your MPG would be 25.08 !!!

Congratulate me cuz I just a 92 4 dr. EX (Canadian model) with ONLY 373,000 kms on it. My second CB7. Last one was a 90 LX. I got T-boned by a Dynasty and then traded the wreck for an 86 Prelude, which I then sold.
                              Wow, that's better than I thought
                              It shows I'm an artist, my math skills are teh_suck.
                              Thanks hondajeff, and Congratulations on the find! Dunno about you, but I prefer the Canadian model CB7s to the US ones. Could never get used to those electric moving seatbelts...
                              "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

lowest was 215 highest was 350 but the 350 was almost al highway and the 215 was a mix but i was drivin the shit out of it in the city.
                                DIY antenna control
                                DIY ghetto short ram
                                Battery Relocation

New Project
                                1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Comment

Working...
                                X