No announcement yet.

Average Milage per gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from full tank to the emply line, I usually get around 320 to 375 miles. I've gotten 500 miles on a full tank several times when driving accross country at 60 to 65 mph. The faster you go on the freeway, the greater wind resistance, and more milage lost.
    Accelerating hard from a stop eats up gas too.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

man the most I usually do is 25 mpg. 300-350 per gas light (13-14 gallons can't remember which) I hammer the crap out of my cb7 everyday and do a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. To and from work everday I hit at least 110 or so. So I guess my mpg isn't too bad. the best I did was 450 miles and thats was cruising slow due to lack of funds and high gas prices.
      Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
      registration is free

Comment

what stuff would you get tuned up to help milage? 500 to a tank is crazy lol. The best i got was 420 i think

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
        www.maketradefair.com

Comment

I filled up and have been counting the mileage. When the needle passed the halfway mark, I had done 220 miles. This is ALL city BS stop and go. I have been nicer to the car, but still get on it when I need to. So if I keep it up, and end up getting 440 for the tank, i'll be happy. I put 13.5 to fill it up(I dont go down until the light comes on) I'll get 33.8mpg.

Aint complainin since thats with the h22.

Comment

250 average, best of 300
            FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
              what stuff would you get tuned up to help milage? 500 to a tank is crazy lol. The best i got was 420 i think
              Timming, spark plugs, maybe air filter.
              And the times I got 500 on a tank, it was gas from another state (Oregon and Oklahoma I think). Don't think I ever got 500 from California gas.
              Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 09-30-2005, 08:06 PM.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

i got 320 miles on a full tank, and i wasnt sure it was completly empty lol that is counting shifting a 3k every shift and only using up to 4th (not useing 5th) thats all city miles thats pretty dam good.

i now shift at like 2k and use 5th all the time i get like 100miles on $10 thats about a quarter of a tank so i'm getting way better gas milage (use to be 50 miles on $10 3k shifts no 5th)
                My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

307 miles on 14.7 gallons. Thats about 21 mpg which blows! I have a new fuel filter and abad O2 sensor also. How much of a improvement will I expect when I get the sensor replaced?

Comment

Bump for new personal record!

410.8 miles on 14.5 gallons = 28.331 mpg! I'm so psyched! For the past week I shifted religiously at 2500 RPM and coasted ALOT. 28MPG is hawt but still not close to the 500 mile tanks! I don't know whats wrong. The car is tuned very nicely.

- Tire PSI
                    - Oil change would help
                    - New plugs might help
                    - Always have windows down, never a/c or heat.

Aight I just had to post. Continue!

- Zipcreature
                    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

150 miles per gas tank... This is on my stickshift EX too. My old auto LX got better gas mileage. I just bought it so i am gonna get into doing a tune up soon.

Comment

Hey kinda new to the boards...I got a 92 accord few years ago for a daily driver and its pretty good. But leaks oil around the oil pan it seems...but not sure how much of a pain to fix that...anyways...

I usually fill up before the gas light comes on and I have about 315-330 and usually my fill ups are around 11.5-12.5 gallons. It does pretty good. ranges usually around 25-28mpg with mixed driving. Never did an all highway trip with it though, as I'd guess it'd get close to 400 on a tank. Lately I tried driving 55-60mph as i heard anything higher just uses extra fuel...but sometimes it feels to slow hehe.

Comment

I just got 32mpg (465 miles on 14.5 gallons exactly) in my bone stock DX. I've parked the LX for now, since the DX is so much better on my pocket! I even raced the thing twice (once to redline in 1st and 2nd!) during that last tank! I haven't even given it a tune up since I bought it. I'm not sure if anything was done by the previous owner.

Comment

ive been getting 340 / tank after i did my stage one removal of my subwoofer..amps..etc..and my rear seats..front seats and carpet..crazy how it went from 290 to 340 ..cant explain it.

Comment

Man, I keep thinking I'm getting bad mileage! I get 375-400 with my rich-running H22, and 450+ from my stock F22 in need of a tuneup! Go me

Comment

i ran out at 290 is that good, i think it was more b4 i started touchin shit mosly %80city 20 high

Comment

Working...
                                X