Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Been Pulled Over W/o A Cat In Ca?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Been Pulled Over W/o A Cat In Ca?

j/w what the charges are and if anybody got away with a warning, my friend got one on his and i love that sound

umm, i dont think they usually care. they'll most likely give you a fix it ticket for the exhaust.

if you get a clogged cat, gut it and slap it back on, no one will notice the difference cosmetically.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      umm, i dont think they usually care. they'll most likely give you a fix it ticket for the exhaust.

if you get a clogged cat, gut it and slap it back on, no one will notice the difference cosmetically.
      gutting a cat actually causes a decrease in horsepower. rplace it with a carsound cat, they dont restric much and make your exhuast sound better (less rasp) or get a test pipe so it kinda looks like it. just dont do it the ghetto way.
      ]

Comment

im thinkin of selling my cb7 :-( need to start saving money, selling the bimmer tomorrow for 3000, how much do you think my accord would go for? 127kmi, 17 inch rims, hankook tires, exhaust, intake, free test pipe lol

Comment

Originally posted by borisdookie7
          im thinkin of selling my cb7 :-( need to start saving money, selling the bimmer tomorrow for 3000, how much do you think my accord would go for? 127kmi, 17 inch rims, hankook tires, exhaust, intake, free test pipe lol
          convert it all to stock dude.
          you'll gain more of a crowd to sell to. with those low miles you should be able to sell it easily.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i have the stock intake if they would want that too but i dont have the stock rims or exhaust

Comment

i dont remember exactly, but i think you can get into big trouble if you're caught without a cat. changing a muffler will get you a modified exhaust ticket and a slp on the rist. running without a cat can get you big fines and maybe get your car impounded.

btw, an exhaust system without a cat, sounds like complete shit!!!!! mine was only somewhat tollerable cause i had a huge resonator.

Comment

ooo, lol idk i like that sound im jus wierd like that i guess

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                  btw, an exhaust system without a cat, sounds like complete shit!!!!! mine was only somewhat tollerable cause i had a huge resonator.
                  I beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                    I beg to differ.
                    ok, let me specify... a honda w/o a cat sounds like shit.

and i didnt say you dont like the sound of it. i just said it sounds like shit... maybe you like shitty sounding exhausts, which in turn, makes them sound "good" to you... i dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                      I beg to differ.
                      You and your turbo!!! and NA cars tend to sound like shit with no cat.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

soo you dont like that ups truck sounding exhaust? lol jp they sound good if they have the right muffler and resonator to go along with them, thats just what i think

Comment

Working...
                        X