NSX Update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSX Update...

ok finally weather permitted to get some cleaning done... aired up the tires and pushed it out and gave it a good cleaning and it needs another one if not two more and a polish and wax...the paint looks pretty rough but theres nothing real deep, the hood/front is the worst and theres a dent in the front fender. ok and now the clutch is deciding to work properly im not sure whats up with that but i need to go pick up a new battery and some acura coolant and im gonna see if it will run...interior is next for a cleaning as well
    heres some new pics:

WOW DUDE! I envy you like no one on this site. Congrats on the car- I hope she works for you. Keep in contact maybe? I praise these beautiful cars.
    later,
    -pax

ps - it looks good no matter what you do.
    Seattle, WA

Comment

Oh wow where did all those dents and scratches come from...Teh Suckage.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

usually not a jealous man....

but shit----that car is fuckin beautiful
        Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

Comment

Well, that is definitely a step in the right direction.

It still will need another good cleaning and waxing.

It is very possible that those scratches won't come out, but it is possible that a good stripping, clay barring and buffing could take them out.

If not, you will just have to get a paint job.

The dent won't take itself out LOL! but maybe a paintless dent repair place can take care of that.

You should also wash and flush under the bonnet and under the hood with water. You can use a degreaser to remove the more caked on stuff. Then make sure you wipe all of the plastics, such as the windshield wiper tray.

Wash all of the door jambs and under the hood etc. That will go a long way to improving the appearance and keeping everything clean.

Once they are clean, all you will need is a soft dry rag when you dry the car off, and you can go into all of the door jambs, under the hood ect, and wipe all of those parts clean and dry and they will stay that way.

Also, with regards to the interior, make sure you wash the seats with hand soap and water, and then condition them with a nice leather conditioner to keep them from cracking, peeling, and splitting.

I personally like Honda's leather conditioner, or you could do mink oil treatments too. They wouldn't need to be done as often, with Mink oil, but it is kind of messy and a PITA.

Keep working on it and see what happens.

If the clutch suddenly stops working, and the pedal starts to go to the floor, it is probably the master cylinder, but could also be the slave cylinder.

www.nsxprime.com

That is a good place to start if you have questions.
          Last edited by owequitit; 02-06-2007, 04:03 PM.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I fyou make it to cleaning the engine, i use some greeze-off or purple power, wash it off then sprist some armor all over the engine. It works wonders and getting and engine bay clean.
            1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
            2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
            3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
            Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
            Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

talk to typeG about washing/waxing that thing. haha.

Comment

how did yall let an NSX get into that condition
                ..how did it get dirty like that.. thats an NSX not a kia... i just dont get it

Comment

Some people just have too much bloody money, plain and simple.

Comment

how the hell did you get this? how much? i hate you i want one so bad. you are the only one on this site that got a exotic car besides well dont know who else. but anyways good shit kid

Comment

Tell Ur Mom Ill Give Her My Short Yellow Bang Bus For The Green Machine, Looks Like Somone Drove That Nsx Thru A Field Of Grass And Hit A Bunch Of Stuff And Animals And Left It Int He Barn For Many Years
                      knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

sry for all the peeps hatin about the condition...im trying to make it better and thats all i can tell you. i understand what u mean but u dont even know the story on it so i apologize if u think its awful.

i dont honestly know where all of the scratches came from...i know how some got there and how the dent got there which was from when some of our horses got into the garage and knocked a ladder on it and decided to rub all up against it. Where the others came from i have absolutely no idea but they are their and im going to do what i can.

thanks for the advice owequitit, im def gonna hit up a really good wash again and tackle the interior and engine bay soon as i can get a free day and thanks for the tips on cleaning the leather.

Comment

I'm in aw that your mother trashed the hell out of that car. but I envy your treasure....

was it just a clutch problem? willing to sell?
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

ooooo....NSX...i like...even the scratches look sporty ...jk

enjoy it man...can't wait to get one myself.
                            DEVOTE

Comment

That NSX doesn't seem to be in such a bad shape as how some people put it. I mean just being able to own an NSX is something really amazing.
                              RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X