Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling the Volvo... hopefully... Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    I've heard BAD things about the 1.8L BMW engine... I'd rather find a 325, but anything in my pricerange will be cheap for a reason...

G20 or Integra are probably at the top of my list at the moment. Blackmagiccb7, your old car would be perfect in terms of looks!

Dv8, that Skyline is gorgeous... I would LOVE to have that... with that motor, of course I'd take an original one gladly, however!

Accord22, I saw that green CB7... my 93twodoorLX would kill me. That thing is identical to his! Same year and everything!
    Scout the Bimmer forums, because apparently the 6's have more trouble than the 4's because the 4's don't have VANOS.

There are quite a few guys on there with them, and they aren't complaining about a lot of issues.

It would be worth a look, as I know your mind has been wanting an E36 for quite sometime...
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

An Integra is in your future. Don't like something about it? It can be easily changed, anything from the engine to the interior to body mods. They are gas efficient, fun to drive, have good acceleration, very basic to work on (can't get any easier) and meets all the criterias you want. They are also practical, maybe I'm a lil bias but if you live near a thief infested area you might want to think about it.

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
      remerber integra is acura not honda! civics and tegs are complety diff, they are very luxurious on the inside. i would suggest a 94 ls. then in the future you can look forward to a boosted car.
      Honda=Acura=Honda=Acura=Honda=Acura

Integra can be seen as an upscale Civic, most of the parts are interchangeable. And yes, the B18B is good for boost.

Comment

I was thinking Integra or G20... both are high on the list (I need to drive one of each to see... I've never even been in either!)

However, I'll probably get another CB. The H22 isn't as healthy as I thought, and I'm having some major issues with the #3 sparkplug hole... seems like stripped threads. I'm not sure why it happened, but it's now causing some problems. If I can't fix it without removing the head, the car will have to be parked until warmer weather and greater funds come around. If I pull the head to repair/replace it, I won't want to put a stock head back on. If I do some headwork, I won't want to put that investment back on a tired block... so I'll need to do a full build. Another CB (hopefully a wagon) will at least be something I can work on, and something I KNOW I can trust. Not the different, fun car that I was hoping for, but hell... if I can get a 5 speed EX wagon, I'll be happy enough! Sunroof, ABS, and the wagon-ness of it will be different enough to satisfy me at least for a little while!

Comment

just put a down payment on a Honda fit
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            eww.
            ]

Comment

cb9 waggon uh-oh is there gonna be kids in the mix for that grocery getter?

Comment

good idea. I LOVE the fit.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

seconded

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

fit is just like a toyota matrix. (well obviously better just because its a honda) but still a lame car for anyone who is a tuner.
                    ]

Comment

How about i'll sell you my Protege for cheap as soon as i get my new car.

Black Exterior
                      Sunroof
                      5-spd
                      Alloys
                      Rear Disc
                      DOHC
                      Upper 20's mpg. (Maybe more on the highway)
                      Low miles
                      No oil leaks.

Comment

enough said
                        DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                          fit is just like a toyota matrix. (well obviously better just because its a honda) but still a lame car for anyone who is a tuner.
                          are you fucking kidding me?

i saw a video of the fit's chassis. bottom of it was solid, upper end flexes...gas tank in the center of the car to maintain a low center point of gravity.

the thing was practically built for th track. k20 swaps, turbos and even D2 racing jacks are already out for the car.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

are you fucking kidding me?

i saw a video of the fit's chassis. bottom of it was solid, upper end flexes...gas tank in the center of the car to maintain a low center point of gravity.

the thing was practically built for th track. k20 swaps, turbos and even D2 racing jacks are already out for the car.

X2...I watched an entire video of Spoon Sports President talk about how the fit is the ultimate chassis for any application...and how it already comes with a very good chassis...sans the rear twist beam suspension.

...the interior of the Fit isn't half bad...all very high quality materials with the craziest Acura style instrument cluster...very bright...high contrast...I believe they use LED's.

The engine is no Goliath, but it will do...specially fo such a light car...I test drove one with my dad and he couldn't help himself taking left turns at like 50kpm!
                            Last edited by lokuputha; 02-06-2007, 03:33 AM.
                            DEVOTE

Comment

No matter what you do, DO NOT buy sparkle's H22 Accord, capiesh???

But yes, I see another Accord in your future. I like the 318iS idea too. I don't think maintenance on that would be prohibitively expensive.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I like the wagon because it's a little different, but similar enough that I can use it as a primary car and still be able to keep up with repairs if need be. An EX wagon will have all the EX luxuries, PLUS the best CB brakes availible. And if I decide to make it fast, a fast wagon is even more fun than a fast sedan!

Comment

Working...
                                X