Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling the Volvo... hopefully... Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't be interested in an older imprezza?

I would say

g20
    toyota cressida
    In the United States, the Cressida was also known as a "four-door Supra", because the Supra and Cressida shared the same M series I6 engine, had rear-wheel drive, and were both flagship cars for Toyota at the time.
    or an older corolla hatch (because I like 86's)

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I looked into the Cressida... not bad cars, honestly. My friend had one, and it was quite comfy. The downside is that they're all auto.

Comment

OOOO get a early 90s teg gsr with the b17!

if you can find one lol

Comment

miata? 27+ MPG and highly reliable. IMO.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by head4life
            OOOO get a early 90s teg gsr with the b17!

if you can find one lol
            I almost bought one........$4,000 for a car with over 190,000 miles. The rarity alone boosts that cars value, not to mention it's one of the first cars in America to be offered with the Legendary 'VTEC' moniker (whats in a name, right?).

Almost impossible to find with low miles.....

BUT if you find one with low miles, thats in your budget.......It'll be a great investment, with resale value skyrocketing for this car.
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Plenty of good choices in the thread. But Ive narrowed it down to the five that I would buy given your recomendations.

- CB7 - Of course. You have the experience with them, plus your admin on their one and only. Its a given that the owner of the site should have a plethora of cb7's stacked in his backyard.

However since you are hoping for something different.

- G20 - Sweet little car, a lot like the cb7 imo. Awesome engine.

- SVX - I know youve always wanted one, so get one. Now is the perfect time. Also should get some looks being much more rare then many other cars listed in this thread, but can still pick one up for fairly cheap.

- Subaru Legacy - Heres one i found in a quick ebay search. AWD, black leather, $3k. Should make an excellent DD, these cars go for a long time and it isnt as likely candidate to want to mod the hell out of. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...QQcmdZViewItem

- Audi 4000/5000 or 100/200 - All around excellent cars. I'd get AWD, but maybe for a little cheaper and more reliable go non-quattro and non-turbo. Yes its an audi, not reliable ect. But if you take care of it it will go for a long time. My friends '89 200 avant never breaks down, and it is an amazing car, way ahead of its time.

(this particular one ('90 200 avant) is for sale for 1800 i believe, but needs a little work, sure you can find a well maintained one for more.)

The '91 20-valve has 217 bhp @ 5700, torque 228 lb-ft @ 1950 rpm MMMMM....
              PM me if you found this!!

Comment

anything not american or dsm with low miles deev and youll be fine lol.
                ]

Comment

my aunt has an old quattro.. jesus its got like 400k on it and it wont die. and she doesnt drive nice.

deev are you sure you cant toss more money? i know of a few old skylines for sale and of a container to ship one in

err.. well realistically if you can find a cb7 sedan 5 speed in nice shape buy it.. you know how to work with them and you already have one to tinker with. and if the h22 doesnt get back up soon, you can always switch parts like suspension and wheels over to keep you entertained. just an idea i guess.
                  Last edited by Dv8; 02-04-2007, 03:46 AM.

Comment

you didnt want my car deev, way to much work man, he didnt let on about the rust, or the f tranny which is now blown.
                    ]

Comment

Wow, lotsa good replies! Let's start where I left off...

Miata would be nice, but on hilly *snowy* roads, it's a deathtrap... especially since I don't always drive in familiar territory. I'd absolutely love one, but I don't think it'll be safe enough.

B17 GSR... I worked with a kid that drove one. His father owned it since it was new. It had two dented front fenders, but was in otherwise great shape. Mileage was pretty low (I forget... 115k or something?) He said he would let it go for $1500. Then he started dating a girl we worked with, she started saying he was ***, and he just quit. To make a long story short... I won't be getting that car, sadly. Anybody who came to the Bennigan's meet a while back probably saw it (I know 93LX was with me when the kid pulled up)

CB7/9 WOULD probably be the best choice... but since I already have one it would be repetitive (and my H22 is fine... well, not knocking anyway... it was a sparkplug issue that I've since corrected) Any CB I get will feel inferior to the LX unless I do some heavy mods to it... and I really don't want two major projects! Whatever I get, I'll need to enjoy the stockness of it, or be able to toss on some affordable mods and be happy.

SVX would be too bad on gas, and they aren't cheap to fix. I considered buying empera's SVX, but I couldn't afford it as a second car. As a primary project that I wouldn't mind putting money into, it would be an awesome car... Not for me right now, though.

I considered a Legacy. That Outback for sale there is sweet! I would love that! They aren't great on gas either, I don't think. I drive a LOT, and I need to be able to get about 28mpg. I want to be able to leave my house, fill up, and make it home without needing gas again! The CB can do that and leave me with half a tank. The Volvo left me praying that I would make it home... I never want that feeling again!

Audi... I've wondered about them. I would be interested in checking them out. German cars kinda scare me, since they aren't too cheap to repair, and reliability is either rock-solid or questionable... there doesn't seem to be a middle of the road there. Every German car I know of either lasts for 400,000 miles, or it falls apart before it hits 40,000... or catches on fire (I've seen more than one VW on fire). The numbers on that avant are sweet! If the gas mileage and reliability are there, I may want to find one of those!

DV8, what kind of old Skylines? You know how I'd love one, even an R30! I wish the US had the same regulations as Canada... I suppose the price of getting a Skyline here and on the road would be twice what I can afford... and that's not including the price of the car itself! I think I'm going to have to wait another 5 or so years until the R32 is exempt from the rules... as long as they don't change!

Comment

'95 Legend (6 speed manual) ftw!!! I prefer coupes, but the sedans look sick. And how can you turn down a 6 speed lol. Tons of space, leather interior...However the value maybe a little higher (4k range at least)
                        Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
                        Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

The Legend would be amazing... but it only gets 18-26mpg according to fueleconomy.gov, which is fairly accurate. That's worse than the Volvo

Comment

what about an integra?
                            their nice, small, cheap, good on gas, excellent aftermarket (if desired)
                            easy to work on, reliable....etc.

Comment

I'll have to drive one... I always think of Integras to be just like Civics... perhaps I'm wrong!

Comment

93-98 lexus sc300?

Comment

Working...
                                X