Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling the Volvo... hopefully... Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't bear a Civic! Meg's was such a dog!!! I have such hatred for those little shitbox cars...

Get on IM, Sean!

Comment

240sx deev. its calling you.
      ]

Comment

95 240 sx coupe. edmunds TMV IS $3,058

Specifications

* Bore × Stroke: 89.0 × 96.0 mm
        * Max power: 155 hp (115 kW) @ 5600 rpm
        * Max torque: 160 ft·lbf (217 N·m) @ 4400 rpm
        * Valve Configuration: DOHC, 16 valves
        * Compression ratio: 8.9:1, 9.2:1, 9.5:1

Production 1995–1998
        Engine 2.4 L KA24DE I4
        Wheelbase 2525 mm (99.4 in)
        Length 4498 mm (177.0 in)
        Width 1727 mm (68.0 in)
        Height 1288 mm (50.7 in)
        Curb weight 1253 kg (2762 lb)
        ]

Comment

Not great on gas though... and they're SO overpriced! Drifting did to 240s what F&F did to Civics...

Comment

Maxima V6?

Comment

Get a bike!!!. Try finding a 1g DSM maybe? 2g teggy?

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Hwy. Mileage

26 mpg

City Mileage

21 mpg
                i wouldnt say too bad but lets face it we dont drive like the testers lol.

how about a sentra se-r?
                ]

Comment

ohh ii know check this

Wheelbase 99.8 inches
                  Overall Length 167.0 inches
                  Vehicle Height 54.2 inches
                  Vehicle Width 66.5 inches
                  Curb Weight 2375 lbs

EngineCategory Details
                  2.0L inline 4 140 hp gas Standard
                  Number of cylinders: 4
                  Number of valves: 16
                  Camshaft: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
                  Horsepower: 140 hp @ 6400 rpm
                  Torque: 132 ft-lbs @ 4800 rpm
                  Fuel Capacity (gallons): 13.2
                  Fuel Economy (City/Hwy): 24/31

my friend has kept up with a porsche carrera in his dodging traffic.
                  Last edited by Turbo Dave; 02-03-2007, 11:03 PM.
                  ]

Comment

Sentra SE-R maybe... I've searched for one, and I can't seem to find a good one around here.

Infiniti G20 is probably one of my top choices at the moment...

Black leather would be a plus

Comment

Back looking for a DD car eh?

I still think that the best things to fit your criteria would be:

240sx
                      miata
                      cb7
                      cd5
                      civic
                      maxima
                      focus

240sx:
                      Yeah, drifting has f'ed up the values of the cars just like F&F did to civics, but if you can find a non beat on one (stock) for a decent price, they are pretty basic cars, parts are cheap, and a decent aftermarket for them now.

miata:
                      Nice and fun car to drive. Power sucks, but they handle well, and RWD. I kinda want to make a track car out of one since they are cheap.

cb7:
                      If I needed a daily driver for dependability and gas mileage, a CB7 would be the FIRST place I would look. Yeah, you kinda get burnt out after a little while, but you cant beat the dependability.

cd5:
                      A little newer, and a different look, but still some reasonable dependability. A little different engine, and you can always have vtec! Or you could shoot for a v6, and s/c it. But then you have an auto

civic:
                      Perfect daily cheap cars. Yeah, they do feel cheaper, but you can make them a fun little car for not much money, and they can handle pretty decently. Not to mention a whole crapload of replacement parts, and aftermarket support for whatever you want and its all cheap.

maxima:
                      they have a bit more power than accords, and the older ones actually look pretty good. They have some aftermarket support, and torque! At least more than we are used to.

focus:
                      yeah its a ford, but the good side of that is that you can get one for cheap thanks to the great resale value! They arent awesome, but they are pretty good for daily driving, and decent on an autocross track.

Comment

3500 can get you a 99 camaro v6 under 100k miles. runs high 14's
                        ]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Not great on gas though... and they're SO overpriced! Drifting did to 240s what F&F did to Civics...
                          not only that they are considered to be a sports sedan by some insurance companies so be prepared fo ryour shit to go up for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                            3500 can get you a 99 camaro v6 under 100k miles. runs high 14's
                            a person at my work got one of those..

been in the shop about 3 times since it was purchased.... about 4 months ago. Looked like a pretty well taken care of car also.

Im sorry but if I was looking for dependability, I sure aint putting my job on the line for a domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              MX3 is trash... nearly sold the CB7 for one before I woke up MX5 is too impractical (AccordWarrior spent a week talking me out of that idea... not to mention, they're pretty pricey for a decent one). MR2 is a possibility. NA would probably be necessary, though... which would always kinda bug me (same with a 300zx... another one I would like)
                              miata, impractical? FR setup with a trunk

Whats a midengined mr2 with a glove box? .....abstract?
                              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

The MR2 is just as impractical (though a bit cheaper, if I look at the 80s models). Plus, the MR2 doesn't have a ragtop! If I got a Miata, I would need to get a hardtop with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X