skate or die!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skate or die!

hey i was wondering if any of u guys skateboard or used too and was good or not.

i started skateboarding at 11-12 i think and became so fucking good, i skated with alot of pros and travel alot and spent all day skating and breaking a new board every other day, i can ollie 32inches high and do so man techical tricks and big stuff, but i suck shit at vert and ramps, im a street skater and love doing huge things, but unfortunatly i broken 4 ankles over the years and then got into my cb7 around 1997 and bodybuilding. my last bad ass trick was a 6 feet high gap that is over 10 feet long, doing a huge front side 180 heelflip over it, i was doing so many stuff till i got tired and tried to show off and landed on my ankle on to of my board, the way u stack ur board up to jump over it.
    the reason why i brought this topic up is bc i was so fuckign good at it and all my friends turned pro and dreamed of moving to cali to be pro, now i live in cali and see kids withg skateboards and all kind of skateable places that it brings out my childhood memories and picking up a mag of transworld skateboarding and seeing the old school guys still ripping.

10 years passed by and im thinking of replacing my old setup for a new one and so some skating, but no crazy gaps liek i used too, im to heavy and big now
    knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

it will come right back to u dude

Comment

yea i use to skate like a madman, i wasnt awesome but i had a good number of tricks under my belt....

i used to manual like a motherfucker lol..i loved that shit.....

ehhh my ollie was pretty good....i could do a mean nollie kickflip....

i dont know, i kinda stopped paying attention to the whole scene...i still have my board...

well actually i got the board from a friend, my old board was a zoo york....

my setup now is:

bam margera board, venture trucks, swiss bearings, spitfire wheels. I havent gotten it tapped since igot the board....but if i could find peeps who skate every so often i would....

i use to love conquering fatty gaps and staircases....felt good to fall hard and get back up and do it again.....and skating in a group of like 6-8 people makes you feel invincible...kinda like how when you roll up on some ricers with 6-8 really pimped cb7s lol....

anways skating is the shit.

Comment

Damn Bien you didnt tell me you was a skate board pete
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

lol

yeah we used to travel in ratpack and take the train to down town miami and fort lauderdale and just skated all day, back then invisible team, toy machine, birdhouse, and so on members would skate around with us, even newdeal, i dunno if those names still around, but i was so skinny and light, i would fly thru a set of ten steps with a huge kickflip dow it and ride away liek nothing, if i fall, i fall hard and get right back up and do it all over again n again, my shin would be bumpy and missing hair in some spot from the board cutting and bashing my leg up, i got some bnw pics of me oillie over a publix shopping cart standing up, just off a tiny curb and old 8mm tapes of me doing all short of crazy shit, even starting shit with cops and giving out fake names liek kien lieu or willy santos lol
          knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Man I did when I was LITTLE... Never got really into it, just toyin on my friends boards when Id go over to their house kinda stuff. I wish I got my own board back then, but nooo, too dangerous, my parents said.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

I've been skating since i was 13, i skated hardcore every day from age 13-19 i rolled in a pack as well, i grew up skating with Frankie mata and Josh nehr i've skated around pros (especially living in SoCal) at the Vans skate park, Huntington skate park (inside Huntington Beach high school) we usually skated at night though, i've been arrested a few times had my board took a couple times got jumped by some gangstas a few times...... ahh the good old days.

I still skate now but more off and on when i have time or feel like it, i just got me a new Coswell Berry Toy Machine Deck on some Independent's, My all time favorite tricks to this day are still :Kickfilp: i'll try to kickflip ANYTHING, :360 flip: <<< i remember when cats first started doing 360 flips i saw it on 411VM, i was like "holy shit man i gotta learn that" :HalfCab Kickflip: plus i do alot of grinds, i love grinds.
              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

i used to skate alot when i was in middle school. i skated with a group of friends. we were all extremely good. but middle school was over and we all went separate ways and then i went back to my first love. basketball. but i've been thinking of getting a skateboard to get back at it again. it's fun.

edit : i had a world industries board with independent trucks, lucky bearings, world industries wheels, i forgot whats it called that separates your trucks and board, it's a plastic thingiie and it was the logo with the pig. my best trick completed was a 360 flip over a stack of 5 1/2 boards. 5 vertically, 1 horizontal.
                Last edited by Shinobi; 02-01-2007, 08:32 PM.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

fuck, when i started hooking up cxars, i was afraid to leave my car in an underground in downtown and just skated all dam day.

maybe we should have a s cali meet up and skate somewhere, it will take me a few months to get back into it, ill run out of breath in liek 5 mins lol, i love to do kickflip backside tailslide to shuvit out or just long ass fuckign crooked grinds ona ledge, manual, shit i love to do heelflip or kickflip manual for miles. now im just a muscle head with a skateboard, im able to break it without oilliing. i love just crusing and just do a massive high clean kick flip or heelflip. my hardest trick for me to do is 360 flips and hardlfip. i just hate 360 flip

Comment

aiight then kids bring your decks out to the meet. we'll rekindle that ol spirit! i'm a bmx-er/flatlander myself. i can skate though too but never owned a rig in my life.
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Well I used to be into skateboarding in middle school until sophomore year. I was getting pretty good at basic tricks and flatland-rodney-mullen-style tricks. I used to be able to ollie 7 steps and stuff. Best trick was the infamous 360 flip. But I was into motocross at the same time, and after a major crash, I broke my leg and never has been able to skate the way I used to be able to.
                      RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Nice

Bein, you and raceboy got into skating around the time it was dying. The wheels were getting super small, and the street tricks were getting more and more like freestyle. Then it started picking back up in what, '96? But people like you guys kept it alive.

I skated from around '87 or '88 to around '91. Used to ollie trash cans and could never quite clear a picnic table with the back truck. I landed a 360 kickflip in '91 when it was becoming popular (isn't that when Jason Lee invented it?), but I never got it down good.
                        My thing was wallriding though. I could wallride higher than anyone backside and frontside, could do several grab variations wallriding, with no help from any slopes or ramps....pure 90 degree wallrides. We used to skate downtown san diego before they put anti-skate guards on the handrails, before they hired security guards to chase us away. I could ollie boardslide a small handrail but never did the insane shit, never grinded them.

I have a board right now, its just a blank deck (zorlac brand I think..newschool though) with Venture trucks and some world industry wheels. Every now and then I'll skate the chino skatepark, but I havn't in like a year now. But I never lost my wallride. I can still do it right now, just not as high, or as many variations. BTW, I have yet to see anyone do the variations off the wall that I used to do. I should name that shit.

I love all the free skateparks in the I.E. In san diego, you gotta pay.
                        Tony, did you ever skate the fullpipes in Upland???? I wanna check those out.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

man i used to skate....i never was great at it but i mastered some basic stuff like ollies and kickflips and loved to manual all over the place haha
                          i loved jumping off of stuff and gaps
                          i had a world industries bored wit monster trucks and red dragon bones bearings and i dont remember the wheels.....some fun stuff just cruisin around and hangin out wit a big group skating
                          i still have a bored but i rarely ride
                          its a black label with monster2 trucks and bone swiss bearings and the same wheels from my other board

Comment

just got back from meeting warrior at his school. he had a set of about 25 stairs he wanted me to jump. i saw it and was like "holy hell screw that". it was about 25' high and atleast 50 ft long.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                              I love all the free skateparks in the I.E. In san diego, you gotta pay.Tony, did you ever skate the fullpipes in Upland???? I wanna check those out.

Yeah i skated Upland a Looooooooooong time ago, San Bernardino has a badass new skate park,

http://www.socalskateparks.com/park/sanbernardino

I like it there but i still love stickin' to the streets.
                              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Working...
                              X