Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cartoon Network is in Big Trouble

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...13/detail.html

I was coming back from getting food and was trying to cross Huntington Ave in Boston when a huge group of police vehicles came flying down the road trying to get through traffic. There were cops on motorcycles on the sidewalk and everything.

I logged online to the Boston TV station's website to find this.

The fall out is going to be huge.

haha I thought it was funny once I found out it had to do with Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

The shows creator called into BCN, funniest shit I've heard so far, although I agree it wasn't right that they did that but still funny.

Channel 7 had the pictures of the mini billboards that were put up around the city, had the middle finger censored out while WMUR (Manchester NH) had the same picture but an unedited, they had one of their web editors try and explain what the show was all about, you could see the guys facial expression trying to keep himself from laughing though. I could tell this guy was probably a regular viewer of ATHF and Adultswim, the female anchors face just dropped though kinda like one of these o:O or (O) : (O) expressions.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i dont get it....i read it, but it didnt make any sense

Comment

Basically, they were mini posters with some electronics in them that allowed them to light up. People called the police thinking they were bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          Basically, they were mini posters with some electronics in them that allowed them to light up. People called the police thinking they were bombs.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

so someon is going to jail for some posters? What kind of fucking retard mistakes a poster with lights for a fucking bomb?
            spin city

Comment

how can you mistake that for a bomb, honestly

you can't arrest someone cuz other people are stupid

I don't even watch the show and I know what that is

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

oh man wtf i love that show..i d c if people dont watch it but i hope they dont make them pull it off the air....my god i have the first 4 seasons on dvd...that would suck... athf fo life!!!

Comment

Aparently they did this in like 10 cities. I guess Boston was teh only city that confused them with bombs.
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

only boston...wow.....

Comment

i LOVE the mooninites!

and those things from space kataz

"GODDAMN IT!"

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

This is what the world has come to. we see a poster and OMG IT'S A BOMB. CALL THE POLICE!!!!!

Thanks you "home land security"

Gov. Deval Patrick praised the response of law enforcement and said that he was "dismayed to learn that many of the devices are a part of a marketing campaign by Turner Broadcasting."

So he was upset they were NOT bombs?
                        Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 01-31-2007, 10:16 PM.
                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

u guys are thinking of these things in the wrong way.

mike the reason u couldnt get down huntington was because one was found at mass art. we all saw it before, it was there at like 11 am when i went to class. i dont understand why it took them 6 hours to find that one. ill tell u it looked scary as shit. there was wires hanging off of it and all. it looked like the insides from a big computer just hanging there sideways. i had no clue what it was, the last thing on my mind was something to promote a show. they were far from posters.

edit: henry i want one of those light up things haha

i just bought this

Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 01-31-2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I can see how someone who had no clue what that was would freak out. It really does look like something thats just kinda hastily rigged there. Obviously not a very well thought out ad campaign.
                            -Mark-
                            CB7
                            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I dont get it. What's going on/

Comment

Working...
                              X