EBAY Professionals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBAY Professionals?

If there are any people here that are well versed in the ways of EBAY, i would appreciate your help.

******EDIT*******

my problem is a few posts down. Thanks for looking and for any and all help.

E-Thugs -- feel free to flame if i did something stupid.....i know....ya'll gotta eat too
    Last edited by PHENOM; 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM.
    Bean Town Crew Member #3
    Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
    "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

I know ebay fairly well... PM me with your question, and I'll try to help

Comment

if it is in regard of selling and buying, ive been doing it for about half of my lifetime.
      so yea...
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

why cant you just post your question here so everyone can know?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          why cant you just post your question here so everyone can know?
          Honestly speaking, because my problem may be due to my own stupudity and i didn't want to waste an entire thread if it was. But since your gonna twist my arm....

I bid on some Timberland boots. When i confirmed the bid, i received a message stating that i was outbid. Not willing to go any higher, i proceeded to look for another pair that were in my price range. I put a bid on those and am currently winning. So i check "my ebay" today and....(see where this is going?) lo and behold, i'm the winner of the boots that i was previously outbid on. According to the seller, the winning bidder emailed him at the "last minute" claiming that he was "joking" and "didn't have the money"

Here is an exerpt from his email to me:
          "The winning bidder at the time emailed me and told me he's joking around, so I had to cancel him. If you were able to place the bid, you are able to pay for the item. You have to understand from the point of seller, I have wasted money and time to sell an item. It is not fair for me to just let go and I'll wait another week to sell the item. Please get back to me, thank you"

Now i don't understand how he has the gaul to tell me that if i placed the bid then i'm able to pay. Why didn't he say that shit to this joker who bid $100 bucks days before i entered my bid. What point of the seller do i have to understand that the WINNING bidder didn't have to understand. I'm of the opininon that he shouldn't have retracted this dude's bid and hit him with negative FB for "joking" around with his auction. After which he could have emailed me, at the end of the auction, to see if i was still interested.
          I feel like i am getting scammed. I offered to pay for this dude's listing fees and that's as far as i'm willing to go as far as fiduciary responsibility on my part. Primarily since he let the other dude off the hook for "joking" and "not having the money" Are you serious?

What recourse do i have? I have very little tx history (14) but all positive. I don't want any negative feedback. But this dude may fuck up my account standing. Can i get outta this one, or am i stuck?
          Bean Town Crew Member #3

Comment

Email the seller of the boots you are currently winning and ask him to retract your bid. You will have a bid retraction, and you buy the boots from the first guy.

OR

Just don't pay and the seller will file an unpaid bidder strike against you. These do not show up in the feedback area, and only you know you have them. If you do get 3 unpaid strikes in like 3 months you get kicked off ebay or something. Then win the other auction you are currently winning.

But, a bid on ebay is a contract.

I currently have an unpaid item strike because I was trying to help my friend buy something, but something fell through and he could not get it and etc.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I would be amenable to buying the boots, but the dude is trying to tell me that i should pay because the Winning Bidder was "joking" and didn't have the money.
              If that's the case, then all sellers should get their friends to drive up the prices on products, then have them retract at the last second to hold the next in line responsible.

I mean, it's not like the winning bidder even gave a respectable (sp?) reason for the retraction. The seller says if i bid then i should be able to pay. How come those rules didn't apply to the High Bidder. He let this dude off the hook because he was joking and somehow i gotta pay. What if everyone who bid on the boots claimed that they were joking except for the first bidder who bid $1? Would this dude be chasing after his dollar? I think that me and this dude should mutually agree that the auction was fucked up by this other dude and the seller should relist if he chooses to do so. I offered to pay the relisting fees.

I'm not trying to reneg more so than i REALLY don't like how this whole shit went down....
              Bean Town Crew Member #3

Comment

I don't think you should pay wtf it not your fault he was joking. You didn't bid again cause you didn't want those anymore. so fuck em

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                UPDATED NEW PICS!!!

Comment

i don't get it...why are you so concerned about doing something stupid?

you didn't do anything dumb at all.

i wouldn't pay. tell him he should of notified you about the canceled bid and that you're now winning again. because he should of. it's not your fault that happened, and you had no idea. and i'm assuming, if the seller did contact you and notify you, the two of you would of worked the situation out.

but he didn't. i honestly think it's his problem. paying for the listing fees was a nice gesture, but if this guy is going to be a dick like he is, don't worry about it.

you'll probably get a negative feedback left from this guy, but i mean there's nothing you can really do except for leave a negative one back to him. as far as you were concerned, you were outbidded, so put the funds into another auction.

Comment

my question is - why are you buying 100 dollar boots lol
                    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                    Disregard females, acquire currency
                    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Im the EBAY man.

Comment

my question is - why are you buying 100 dollar boots lol
                        Because some of us actually work for a living and dont want them falling apart in a couple months.

Anyway, I dont see how its possible he is sticking this on you. I mean you placed your bid, then you were then outbid by another person. How can he make the second place bidder pay? Isnt that what the second chance offers are for?

I would tell this guy to eat a dick. You made your bid, got outbid, then moved on and bid on another item. Its not your fault the first place bidder backed out. Going by his logic that would mean everytime we get outbid on something we need to wait until the auction closes before bidding on another item 'incase' the winning bidder backs out. Fuck that, no we dont.

Anyways, after your bid has been outbid by someone else doesnt that relieve you of any contract to buy that item?
                        Last edited by Cletus Vandamn; 01-26-2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Check with ebay first. I mean, actually e-mail them or read through their terms of service and check what they say. I'm sure they talk about this situation; can't be that uncommon. I also tend to agree that since you were outbid you're under no obligation to buy them now. Was the higher bid canceled before or after the auction ended?

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                            Check with ebay first.
                            Bingo. This has all the hallmarks of shill bidding, and should be brought to their attention.

You might end up owning those boots, but...you did bid on them.
                            Ensure all correspondence is done on Ebay's system.
                            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

cletus dont u dare tell me about working for a living caus i just dont give a damn man. it was a joke.
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X