No announcement yet.

motorcycle reliability as a DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned to ride on an 80's Honda CB125. I love that bike, but it doesn't like anything over 40 mph.

That's good to learn on, but if you live more than 6 months, you'll be ready for something bigger.

Some beginner tips, use 80% rear brake at first to avoid locking the front tire. Locking the rear, at low speeds, isn't as big of a deal.

Don't ride in the middle of the lane, thats where more oil dripping from cars tends to land.

Give cars behind you plenty of warning, and always watch your mirrors. Even stopped at a red light, a car can and will not see you and slam into you, thus ending your life.
    At stops, keep it in first and keep an eye on that mirror to make sure that car behind you is going to stop. If he doesn't, be prepared to move quick out of his way.

Wear your helmet. Wear riding attire. Don't ride with just jeans and a t-shirt. When you drop that bike, you need something to put between the road and you.

You have to be much more aware when riding a bike.

Have fun

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

get a bus pass homeslice. if you dont want to save your own life save someone elses.

Comment

ahahah, the replies to this thread are priceless.

but, if you really do decide to get a bike man, just be safe. it'd suck to lose a fellow cb7 owner.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
          oh i know who ghost rider is, i used to do that shit in my car all the time, it got boring after a while and i got into drifting, but im sure it would be fun as hell on a motorcycle, still a quick way to die.
          lol how do you pull ghost rider in a car. thats a dude that just hauls ass on a bike ignoring the law and shit lol. GHOST RIDER NOT GHOST RIDING lol.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

"Ghost Rider" is a cool-ass comic book character that rides a bike. "ghost riding" is when you let your car roll and walk/run/dance alongside of it. The first one kicks ass. The second one deserves an ass kicking.

Anyway, the CB125 is a VERY smart choice if you must get a bike. It's not much more than a moped, but it'll get you around. As accordaffair said, you need to be aware of what other drivers are doing. You have to understand that they may not even see you. Imagine that every driver on the road is YOU, and stay out of their way!

The way you drive your cars, you don't need a 9000rpm 600cc+ speedbike. You flipped your neon and walked away. If you flip your bike, you won't be so lucky.

Comment

in reply to some of the previous comments on you'll bail your first bike;

i rode a gsxr 1000 for a few months, i never dumped it. though it wasnt mine, i still never took it easy.. either several years of downhill mountainbike racing helped, or it was just dumb luck. the more i think about it, it was just dumb luck hah.

considering rice face hasnt any luck, well.... NOW TAKING BETS.

(NO DEEV, IM NOT BETTING MY DAMN CAR =])
              Last edited by Dv8; 01-23-2007, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                "Ghost Rider" is a cool-ass comic book character that rides a bike. "ghost riding" is when you let your car roll and walk/run/dance alongside of it. The first one kicks ass. The second one deserves an ass kicking.
                Classic!

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Have you checked out insurance?
                  2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                  Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                  1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

not yet, i thought bikes dont need insurance.

I went to look at it today, it runs but just barely. its all brown and dusty and needs some work. something about the carberater not working at low rpms and has no power but at high rpms works. he says its been sitting a while and needs a tune up but did run good when it was parked....
                    ]

Comment

Word to the cb125 son, Thats what I drive when I'm in Peru

* remembered, its actually a cg125.... *

Lately I played with it a bit.....
                      Stock (basically):

Ahhh, found a real pic of it. My dad and it:

Street warrior style Me, Holla at the flat black:

I love the sounds o that pipe.

Comment

whats up with you and darkness....
                        ]

Comment

Street fighter bikes look sick, my car isn't far from getting redone..... The steelies are def a step towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                            not yet, i thought bikes dont need insurance.
                            Bikes don't....riders do.

Medical bills?
                            Who's paying to fix or replace that Jetta you destoyed?

Liability insurance, friend.
                            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

Bike insurance is usually pretty cheap, but you do need it. I would get full coverage, since any damage done in a collision will probably be done to you and the bike. Liability insurance won't do much in a bike accident but repair the little dent you make... or the windshield you fly through.

StevB, I've been noticing your growing mod list in your sig over the past 3 years. Before it was "91 EX-R, mostly stock...mostly." With a short list of mods following. Now you have 5 lines under it! I just find it amusing.

Comment

Clean record, 20 years bike licenced, in the spring it'll be about a grand for insurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X