Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone doing a electronic engineering degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone doing a electronic engineering degree?

I'm confused at what i wanna be in the future, i have no interest in anything but electronics so I'm thinking about majoring in electronic engineering, but i don't know if its worth it. I've been working with TVs for a couple of years so i like to be around electronic devices, but i just don't know what kind of job that degree can get me. Is anyone doing it? If so what kind of jobs are you guys looking at?
    1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
    1994 Acura Legend GS
    Car Pics

electrical engineering is tough. we do quite a bit of it in my mechanical engineering curriculum, and honestly, I dont really like it (the EE stuff).
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

EE FTW! That's the major I'm going to be working on once college starts up this fall. Don't worry about what kind of job to do. With an EE degree you can do tons of stuff. You can work on cars, tvs, computers, buildings, the poss. are endless. Good luck

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
        EE FTW! That's the major I'm going to be working on once college starts up this fall. Don't worry about what kind of job to do. With an EE degree you can do tons of stuff. You can work on cars, tvs, computers, buildings, the poss. are endless. Good luck
        the possabilities are endless for a lot of various majors, but are the demands and payroll there to support the choice of career? You have to think in today's world...unless you have money to start with, then you'll have to aim for a career that you will somewhat like and one that will be able to support you and maybe a family.
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

That is a very broad field and you will end up specializing in one area. The pay is good, but it's a very hard major. My sister's bf works in that field and I think he does nothing but build filters, whatever that is. But if you ask him how to fix a toaster he will have no clue.

My swap thread
          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

My lil bro and a couple of my buddies are doing EE.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lots of calculus we have it at my school and all the kids in it are crazy smart with math

Comment

My best friend's an electronics engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                  That is a very broad field and you will end up specializing in one area
                  Yeah, the specialization is great for working with your buisiness. However, there is so much involved in other areas that it is impossible to learn them all. There are still things that are pretty general that you learn (circuits, power, ect.) Good stuff to know when something breaks

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                    lots of calculus we have it at my school and all the kids in it are crazy smart with math
                    We dont use any BUT calculus anymore.
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

Comment

thanks for all the input guys. Well theres one problem, I'm not that good in math. College algebra was kicking my ass during my first semester in college lol. I just have no idea wut to do for college. Electricity is the only thing i have interest in. I was thinink about being one of those guys who hook up tvs and surround sounds for business and homes. I already do it at work every day so it wont be that hard. Hopefull the EE degree will help me get a job in that.
                      1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
                      2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
                      1994 Acura Legend GS
                      Car Pics

Comment

no offense, but from experience, if youre not good at math, youll never make it in any EE, ME, CE program.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

Comment

EE isnt that hard. its one of the easier engineering majors, besides paper engineering, LOL

a hell of a lot easier than ME, thats fo sho.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by xczechboyx
                            thanks for all the input guys. Well theres one problem, I'm not that good in math. College algebra was kicking my ass during my first semester in college lol. I just have no idea wut to do for college. Electricity is the only thing i have interest in. I was thinink about being one of those guys who hook up tvs and surround sounds for business and homes. I already do it at work every day so it wont be that hard. Hopefull the EE degree will help me get a job in that.
                            Sounds more like you are geared towards being a technitian, not an engineer. EE is gonna have crazy math.

EE is all about design, not really the repair side of electronics.

My swap thread
                            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                              no offense, but from experience, if youre not good at math, youll never make it in any EE, ME, CE program.
                              yea, it's true. my dad's an EE. for his job, math and physics are the most important things.

Comment

Working...
                              X