Depressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depressing

CB7Tuner is starting to depress me. After looking at everyones cars and then looking at my car it just gets so depressing, you all have beautiful cars and should be very proud.

Well, what's bothering you about your car? I know it's hard but try to not to pay too much attention to other people's cars, in a comparative way. B/c most of the time, there will always be someone w/ a better car Some started off w/ a mint interior, body, motor, etc, and others did not. CB's are getting quite old now and finding a near perfect one is getting harder and harder as time goes on. So no matter what, a CB is bound to have a few problems here and there.

I haven't seen any pics of your car, but explain what bothers you about yours. For example, I still have rust on both of my rear 1/4'rs (which will be taken care of soon) and both my 1/4's either have dents or awful bodywork It figures that it's 1 of the only noneasily replaceable panels on the car It gives me something to work for though.

EDIT: I clicked on the link in your sig just now too, it looks fine, any rust?
    Last edited by Granite CB7; 01-17-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
      CB7Tuner is starting to depress me. After looking at everyones cars and then looking at my car it just gets so depressing, you all have beautiful cars and should be very proud.
      Maybe the cb just isnt right for you... I love my cb its in pretty good shape but im growing more and more tired of it everyday. I loved it when i first got it and started makin changes but i feel like ive lost the love for cb's. I think im gonna move to a teg

Comment

Keeping doing little mods to it. Even pointless shit, try to do other stuff first thou. Start off with lowering that shifter, and try to keep it clean too. (I believe you live in a dusty area but still, try to keep the inside clean.)

Comment

I think whats bothering me so much is that I havn't even driven it yet?I got it with no engine, prelude spindels,oil all over trunk,interior panels arn't in very good condition,front left pilar of headliner is missing,and just the little things.

So far I put in an F22a6 with brand new CV shafts, but then it came down to me having Prelude spindels and the CV shafts wouldnt fit in.That means when I got CB7 spindels from the junk yard my bolt pattern whent from 4x100 to 4x114 and I cant find any rims for cheap right now.A while back after I found out my EFI main relay was scrwed up, so messed with it a bit and started it but shut it off because of eratic idling.Now it whont start I think its the main relay but Im not sure for all I know it might be my Fuel Pump.Lately ive ben realy down on money.Oh yah and when I put in the motor the driver side motor mount striped and whont come out or go in any more but its far enough to hold the engine.

The things I love about it is its a coupe, no rust,dash not cracked,realy nice looking car.

Comment

your car looks good to me.

want to buy some wheels i've got sitting in my room? havent put them on yet. car accident before i got the chance to.

Comment

see you already have a new engine. I started out lookin at aww shiets car. Which was bad. But little pieces make a difference my car is jus barely decent but pay attention to lil details when you cant cover big ones. You have good bodied cb from wat i read which saves alot of money. just stay wit it threres days where everyone hates there car n how it looks.
              Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

im also sellin the s tech tein springs soon if you are intrested jus take a look at muh members ride if you got time.
                Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
                  threres days where everyone hates there car n how it looks.
                  THAT'S A MTF LIE ,NOT ME

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE HAS,JUST KEEP DOING SMALL MODS TO THE CB TIL' YOU CAN REACH YOUR GOAL.WE ALL STARTED OUT STOCK... WELL MOST OF US.
                    SHIT YOU GOT 3 CARS ,WHY WORRY

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL
                      THAT'S A MTF LIE ,NOT ME
                      mayb not ppl who don wanna admit it. but i kno i do and i know some other people who do.
                      Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010

cmon cheer up

.. my car maybe clean but it has hella probs on it.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

We have old cars... I guarantee just about everyone has their issues. Hell, look at the big dogs here! 2point6 is rebuilding his engine, Accord SiR is rebuilding his engine, I have to talk h22sparkle out of selling once every two weeks ( ), MRX may have to rebuild... lots of the more commonly seen members here have gotten into accidents of varying degrees...

Hell, MY car is giving me issues lately! But whatever... it's part of the personality of the vehicle. As long as you have the time and money, you have all you need right here to fix anything. It's part of the fun! If you just want to look nice and go fast, buy a newer sports car... Tuning a CB7 is a unique experience... you can't do it for anything but a love of the car itself!

Comment

^^^I must agree with deev. Do it for the love of the car, not what others may say about it. Owning a CB is an extension of yourself; where you express your style and uniqueness. Don't get caught up in what others are doing. Do what you think looks good. As the others have said, do the little things. It's better to have a little something, than a whole lot of nothing.

My wagon started off raw as can be, and is still being upgrade and refined. The sedan is passed on to my fiance and it started out stock.

The DIY section has tons of really cheap projects, as well as idea starters. Keep your head up and Do It!!!

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I sometimes have that feeling too. I have too much love for my old Infiniti G20t 5spd. LOADED!! I'm still kicking myself in the ass because I traded it for the CB7. But Oh well, I see it every know and then I traded it local and the kid smashed the side of that fresh G the day we traded which really makes me feel sad. I only had the car for 6 mos. and didn't realize the full value of the car until I traded it which makes me feel depressed. I am not saying that I am unhappy with the CB but I wished the Accord was like my G with black leather, manual, fogs, moonroof, spoiler. The car had issues and I had to part with it because it needed extensive repairs mechanically but cosmeticly it was hot. When I look at the dull Maaco paint on the CB and trashed interior I get so jealous of the G but then again I try not to let it bother me and tell myself that I can't have both. Whats best about the whole thing was Igot the G for a steal $1500 so I really didn't loose out when I traded her.

Some days I wish I hadn't traded... The CB7 needs so much work.
                              Everyone I know calls me a fool because they think I downgraded cars.

Here is a stock photo. Only mods I did was tint and rims. Looked Classy.

If only the CB were manual and leather. The thought depresses me sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X