Shipping a Transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da9b16
    done this too it cost more than using a computer box.... cause it weighs more..... UPS in computer box cost me 59-79 depending on where to...but your way works great as well....
    oh and dont forget this it will be cheaper if you ship it from your job or a business residence rather from a local house residence.

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
      Daniel, have you sold it yet? 'Cause after I get my car painted in a couple weeks I still want to buy it since I can't afford both at once.
      If you are referring to an H23 tranny, there is a dude in Greensboro that has one. He posted it in the classified sections. I thought about it, but 80 mph at 4k would not be fun.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        If you are referring to an H23 tranny, there is a dude in Greensboro that has one. He posted it in the classified sections. I thought about it, but 80 mph at 4k would not be fun.
        Thanks, Gary. Hopefully, Cisco won't buy it out from under me [if Daniel's already sold this one].

And Daniel, I'm still curious about my question in my last post, when you read this.

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
          Thanks, Gary. Hopefully, Cisco won't buy it out from under me [if Daniel's already sold this one].

And Daniel, I'm still curious about my question in my last post, when you read this.
          I'm still trying to get it to Wilmington NC, from TN. They guy I paid is probably ready to finally get it out of his house, and so I wanted to go ahead and get it shipped here. He just didnt know the best way of shipping, hence my thread.

Thanks for all the replies thus far! I'll recomend the computer box, or the rubber maid, because I dont know if he has time to build a wooden box, plus it would cost more because the wood is heavy?

- Dan
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

go with the wooden skid it may be like 5-6 pounds heavier but its out there in the open they wont lift it by hand probably by forklift for good measures. and with the shrinkwrap attached on it it wont fall off. And less you have to deal with on customs cause when they open it up as far as it being in a box or that other bullshit mentioned they wont tape it back properly i know. Theyll put two small ass strips on it and your shit is out in the open to them warehouse fucks to caress your merchandise who knws what their goals are.

Comment

Working...
            X