Autox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autox?

i wanna get into autox. but i dont kno if i would b able to compete with my car. I have tein springs. front and rear strut bars. and a rear sway coming. would that be enough to put up any kind of fight with the other cars. its also a auto...
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

what are your engine mods? are you swapped? what sanction do you wants to run in ie scca or any other?

i kept up with the other cars in sts wen i had the f22 in with koni yellows/ground controls, SRI and 17 insh wheels/tires. but i was running against 240s and lower model bmws (323s). now ive got an h22 which would throw me into a street mod class and i would get destroyed more then likely by the cars in that.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
      what are your engine mods? are you swapped? what sanction do you wants to run in ie scca or any other?

i kept up with the other cars in sts wen i had the f22 in with koni yellows/ground controls, SRI and 17 insh wheels/tires. but i was running against 240s and lower model bmws (323s). now ive got an h22 which would throw me into a street mod class and i would get destroyed more then likely by the cars in that.
      i only have sri. on a f22a1.... i really dont know what sanction im intrested in it tho...
      Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

typically less mods are better, at first at least. get to know your car stock. having tons of shit at first puts you in a higher class and you might get whooped. but that doesnt matter. just go, see where they put you and have fun.
        PM me if you found this!!

Comment

could i do it in a auto? i might shift with it.
          Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

depending on the course size, distance from turn to turn, and straight-away length. i would almost just put it in d1 or d2 for the whole thing. you'll need the shorter gearing for the acceleration. wen i autocrossed with the longass f22 gears i never got out of 2nd in my 5spd. i topped 2nd out at one of our events on an air strip, i was doing about 65 mph through a slalom

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

YOu can try local autocross events we have those. They have a timing system and such. Really dont need much. I always got with my buddies in his s2k (intake) and lude (susp, intake, exhaust). I would love to but I think my suspension isnt worthy at this time to autox. But it would be handy of you to provide your own helmet. I had to borrow one from the event and sharing others peoples sweat and crap aint cool lol. Also a good set of tires make sure your fluids are fine and such and you should be set. Just dont go knockin down cones now lol.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah. I wanna run royal purple engine oil. what brake fuild? i have bfg tires on my blades and i have michilens all seasons on my si's which i would probly use because im going to sell my steelies.....
                Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Working...
                X