This is for any Steven Segal fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is for any Steven Segal fans.

Enjoy...the first one is before he became a hollywood actor (or so I'm told)...for those of you who don't know, Steven Segal learned Aikido when he lived in Japan...since he was 12 or 13...this isn't one of those martial arts where you can earn a black belt in 2-3 years....no sir, to master this you have to put in 15 - 20 years...7 - 10 to be proficient...and this is if you go to class 3 - 4 times a week and don't stop.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/94751/...th_dan_aikido/

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_cmDQoXUs
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
    ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
    US Navy Electrician
    Contact me if you need help on the side.
    '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
    '01 Civic LX
    '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Steven Segal has fans?

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107
      Enjoy...the first one is before he became a hollywood actor (or so I'm told)...for those of you who don't know, Steven Segal learned Aikido when he lived in Japan...since he was 12 or 13...this isn't one of those martial arts where you can earn a black belt in 2-3 years....no sir, to master this you have to put in 15 - 20 years...7 - 10 to be proficient...and this is if you go to class 3 - 4 times a week and don't stop.
      that explains what he was concentrating on during the last 15-20 years where he completely failed to become a proficient actor.....Will Sasso on MadTV parodying Steven Segal was a better actor, lol
      1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

I can't stand Steven Segal, he thinks he is such a hard ass.
        Last edited by HondaGuy1212; 01-03-2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

he is a hard ass........aleast till the mob shows up
          Last edited by sulimed; 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
            he is a hard ass........aleast till the mod shows up
            You mean mob...

Sweet... I love Segal movies

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of his movies, but I will admit that he's an excellent martial artist. I've studied Aikido, and it's not easy at all. The moves are easy, but using them properly is very difficult. An attacker won't stand still while you grab him the right way.

Comment

Cool...

Is the video that old that its in Black and White? and... Are those guys really taking those hits? Or do they know that its coming?...

Pretty cool style of fighting tho.

-Lam

Comment

segal is the man

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
                    Cool...

Is the video that old that its in Black and White? and... Are those guys really taking those hits? Or do they know that its coming?...

Pretty cool style of fighting tho.

-Lam
                    I don't know about the age of the video...but I do know it was in Japan before Segal came to the movies. All the moves are real...they aren't really being "hit"...the purpose of Aikido is not to injure your opponent...but to control him no matter what form of advancement he/she makes towards you...i.e. (punches, kicks, weapons, etc.) the guys in the video that are being tossed around are also experienced in aikido and know how to take a fall and when the wrist/arm is twisted or bent in a particular direction...the only out of that move is usually to roll or flip out of it. Here is another video
                    (without segal) that shows some of the moves more clearly...some of them look fake...but they are so real.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/34427/...do_techniques/
                    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
                    ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
                    US Navy Electrician
                    Contact me if you need help on the side.
                    '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                    '01 Civic LX
                    '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

Working...
                    X