Black people don't watch "Friends"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    That's what I expected first thing on this thread!

I know there are probably plenty of black people who watch Friends. I also know that the lack for diversity really doesn't matter. Hell, I loved Martin when I was a kid, and it didn't matter to me one bit that there were never any white people.
    there were white ppl...what about that one crazy crack head of an assistant at the radio station...which completely agrees with your previous post of the white ppl on black shows are always nerdy or off tha wall lol. But i thought all white ppl were like that ::ducks and hides:: lol
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i'm black, watched the show. not bad, though i've always thought that it was sort of a rip-off of "living single."

with "living single" (which ran 1993-1998), you had a group of 6 friends living in new york. each with a variety of jobs (magazine editor, lawyer, corporate, handyman), and they all stayed in the same apartment building, save one person (max) who was constantly there but didn't live there.

flash forward one year, and here comes "friends" (ran 1994-2004)... interestingly enough, 6 friends, living in new york. each with a variety of jobs (cook/chef, actor, paleontologist), and they all stayed in the same apartment building, save one person (ross) who was constantly there but didn't live there.

Originally posted by 97Lude
      they dont watch it because these people have lived in NYC for 10 years and haven't had one black friend..
      Originally posted by cpmike
      so true... cept that one girl charlie... but that was it. i was thinking about that the other day.
      there was charlie (played by aisha tyler who is extremely hot, though she's 6 feet tall).
      but before her, gabrielle union was on for a few episodes in 2001 and is the first african-american on the show.

just in case you don't know who either chick is:

gabrielle union

aisha tyler

sadly, both are married.

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      Somewhat the same can be said about Seinfeld in that case but i personally like Seinfeld and have a few other friends of a "minority" position that enjoy the show also. In any case..."Friends" is not minority friendly. Have they ever even had a hispanic on the show?
      don't know about that. i doubt it.

my favorite hispanic actor ever:

ok, carry on.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Gabrielle Union was on Friends? I didn't know that! Of course, I never really watched the show myself... And uncle_el, the Living Single comparison is very interesting.

But i thought all white ppl were like that ::ducks and hides:: lol
        Not all... maybe most, but not all.

Comment

I would love to bang her but anyway friends is wack in my opinion. I havent found the show interesting nor the intro song. Its just not catchy to me and i know the applause had to be edited and recorded played over and over again with some corny ass jokes

Comment

hell yeah,
            Chapelle is off the hook funny. I'm just mad that it's time conflicts with the Shield. I have to stay up an hour later to catch the encore of the Shield every Tue. night. Crank yankers, now that is some funny ass shit!
            YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!
            Bean Town Crew Member #3
            Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
            "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              Gabrielle Union was on Friends? I didn't know that! Of course, I never really watched the show myself... And uncle_el, the Living Single comparison is very interesting.
              quote:
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              But i thought all white ppl were like that ::ducks and hides:: lol
              Not all... maybe most, but not all.
              I dont know if you guys know this, but midnite's girlfriend is white, he's black, and she thinks he's retarded for saying this.

LOL!! Baby, you're retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by allgo_allshow
                I dont know if you guys know this, but midnite's girlfriend is white, he's black, and she thinks he's retarded for saying this.

LOL!! Baby, you're retarded.
                It's all about being sold out by your girl! Busted!

Comment

Working...
                X