sigh.. accord is dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slateboy
    RI and CT cars are good to buy. My Grandma's 94 Taurus is in mint, and she's from Hartford.
    Thats very true Maple bought his clean EX for like 750 bucks...cheap price for a car that had little problem that were an easy fix
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Maple does have some rust though. Most coastal and northern cars (ESPECIALLY northern coastal cars!) have rust problems. There are those that are properly maintained, and those that are garage kept... However, the number of rust-free cars is far greater in the southern midwestern states. No snow and no salty sea air = far less rust.

Comment

I've never actually seen a car with rust. Is it really that bad?
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

dude look at my members ride section thats how bad mine is,i havent got it all fixed yet but its coming along.the body lines on both my rear fenders were so rotted there was no fender.nothing.i am having it professinally fiberglassed.maybe even metal welded in.look at my car in members ride and you will see how bad rear quarter rust gets on our cars.i live in mass and theseais right here.damn salt.snow/rain,

Comment

Yeah, before I had mine fixed, you could stick a finger through the hole...

Comment

ya on mine theres nothing to stick your finger through because the metals gone.how did you fix yours,with metal or plastic(bondo)?

Comment

Took it to Maaco They cut and welded though. Metal. I didn't trust bondo. I see it as a quick fix... Plus, for the price I got, having my exterior brought back to near-new condition was fine with me!

Comment

maaco did ytour quarter?i thought they sucked at body work.any pics??i would like tosee how they did.

Comment

It looks brand new. It was the passenger's side quarter, if you can see it in any of the meet pics... lemme see what I can find...

The only thing you can still see is the plastic lining on the inside of the wheel well is still pushed out. I guess the rust permanently bent it out.

My spot was about 3 inches wide, 2 tall. Went through the metal. Maaco charged me for 5 hours to do it (told me up front) at like $32/hr... That was the bulk of my cost, next to the paint. I paid $620 for the whole deal (plus the $43 cost of a Certifit hood...)

Maacos are all privately owned, so some are better than others. 92accordDX has their cheapest job, and it's 2 years old. When I saw his car, I went right to Maaco (literally... the first day we really hung out, I dragged him to Maaco! ) Find one with a good rep, and check out their work beforehand, and you'll be in good shape. Their paint is crappy, thin DuPont stuff (they apparently have a deal, which is why they can do it so cheap) but it's good for a quick job. I plan on having my car done well in a few years, color change and all. Probably when the engine is out being built for boost!

Comment

damn man inever knew.i will consider them.maybe i'll askaround and find a good onethats not lazy.

Comment

This is the best shot I have so far... Not very good, but it's something!

That's the MD meet, the day after I picked it up from Maaco.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X