Kinda random, but any one interested in law, Lawyering etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda random, but any one interested in law, Lawyering etc

I'm just curious to see who has ever contemplating law school or obtaining a law degree. For a few years, I've been thinking about going to law school after college. I've also heard that the California BAR is the most difficult along side Mississippi.

any one ever interested in this type of stuff? I mean, it could also come in very handy for automotive enthusiasts, 1) for knowing your rights and 2) for knowing and taking advantage of loop holes inside the NHTSA and the Bureau of Automotive Repair (getting shit legal on your car! which is a huge deal in California.)

I was more aiming toward in-house counsel, pretty much a corporate attorney, I couldn't deal with being in a family practice... too much heart break

Any one or am I just a nerd?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
    I'm just curious to see who has ever contemplating law school or obtaining a law degree. For a few years, I've been thinking about going to law school after college. I've also heard that the California BAR is the most difficult along side Mississippi.

any one ever interested in this type of stuff? I mean, it could also come in very handy for automotive enthusiasts, 1) for knowing your rights and 2) for knowing and taking advantage of loop holes inside the NHTSA and the Bureau of Automotive Repair (getting shit legal on your car! which is a huge deal in California.)

I was more aiming toward in-house counsel, pretty much a corporate attorney, I couldn't deal with being in a family practice... too much heart break

if you have the money, time, patience, then by all means go for it. But law school does require a lot of time, and a lot of cash money in order to make it through. However, i do know a lot of lawyers who do make a quite deal of money these days.
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
      if you have the money, time, patience, then by all means go for it. But law school does require a lot of time, and a lot of cash money in order to make it through. However, i do know a lot of lawyers who do make a quite deal of money these days.

I would be lieing through my teeth if i said i wont be in it for the cash, but Its definately not the sole reason why I choose this profession. More than most of the time i can love to be tedious and pay close attention to detail. In recent years, i have loved to get in front of my class to give speeches. I like to read in between the lines. etc

but about money to go TO law school, i'll get a loan....

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7

I have thought about it numerous times, and actually still am.

I have always enjoyed the law, and like you said, it is very important.

It was my #2 career choice. I may still go to law school though.

As far as corporate, if that is what floats your boat, that is fine, but I could never deal with screwing the little guy for a living.

Having been the little guy, I can appreciate how hard it is to succeed in a system that is designed for big $$, even if you are correct. To me, the lawyer with the biggest pocket book wins, is not justice, but a corrupt form of what should be.

If I were an attorney, it would be by mission to drag big corporate lawyers through the mud...

The little attorney has a harder fight, and more heartbreak, but they also have the chance to make a big difference in a little life, and that to me is more intrinsically rewarding than taking the easy route.

But that is just me. LOL!
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

not only that you gotta prove yourself to be an honest lawyer. Put in some work go to the courts and view shit all kinds of cases that go down and take note of what to do what not to do . And also have a someone vouche of your work. Theres a guy thats out here whos makin bigtime money he goes byt he name of Michael Arbiet hes an automobile attorney. And he mainly defends people with imports who undergo the toe to toe with the long arm of the law hes really good out here hes stationed over In longisland. Also try to learn the many loopholes around the system that will try to trip trap you. Not all laws stay the same over the years shit changes and they wont tell you since you prolly wont ask over the years . Its all a change up game when it comes to the law.

Comment

i want to take a few business law classes in college

i took law 1 in highschool that shit was fun...

Comment

I aced my business law classes... I honestly considered going that route myself (still may in the future). I thought it was a lot of fun. Of course, I had the same professor for both classes, and he was just the coolest guy ever (Vietnam war vet with scars to prove it, diehard Eagles fan, genuinely nice guy with an awesome sense of humor). If you like paying close attention to detail and reading between the lines, law might be right for you. It's like a big puzzle... only there's not always one right solution. Well, there might be, but even a wrong solution can be "right" if you find the right angles!
              I also have a cousin in LA that's a lawyer. She was some crazy influential teacher in some underprivelaged school (supposedly she did a lot of good... like the stuff you see movies about), and she got bored with teaching. So she went for law. She's crazy smart

Comment

Working...
              X