Pimp my Mower!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp my Mower!!!

Ok, I'm taking a break from mowing my 9" tall grass... I have a Murray mulching mower, 4.5hp. It came with my house

Now, it's stalling on the tall grass unless I pull up and back away. I'm thinking a more powerful mower wouldn't have this problem. Now, what can I do to soup up my mower?

Here's my thinking:
    It has an engine. An engine is an air pump, basically. Better flow makes more power, as we all (should) know. SO, if I were to take that sucker apart and do a little polishing (I'm assuming it has a head like a car engine... I really don't know yet.) I might be able to extract some power. I'm also wondering what kind of air intake system it has... or even exhaust! I'm not expecting anyone to have hooked up a mower before, but if anyone knows, or has some ideas, I'm game! (maybe a Nology Hotwire sparkplug wire...)

Oh.. Oh.. and some bling wheels! Maybe some NOS!

Yeah them 4.5's have no balls. My 6.5 has trouble when the grass gets long.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

NOOOSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

As I'm sure you know today, woahna!

Comment

It would be funny as hell if I got the motor to the point where I needed 93 octane to run it... Or 110

I'm using last year's gas with some Sta-Bil in it... put it in yesterday, so it really didn't do much!

Comment

the concept of a car is applied to a certain extent.. usually mowers are single piston.. just like a car but only one piston doing the same thing.. u could polish some of the surface.. an exhuast upgrade will beef it up believe it or not.. the exhaust on most mowers are those squares and are hella restrictive..
            remove that and see what diameter the flange that bolts up to the engine is.. go get a flange made.. and jbweld some pipe onto it..bolt it up and u have a functional exhaust
            the intake setup can be upgraded a tad.. like using a small round filter like carb style with the polish top and adapting it to the housing..
            also.. this may seem extreme but.. just like a cars engine im sure theres space between the piston/cylinder head.. u could get the head mill for dirt cheap since its so small.. and raise the compression and make more power..

lol.. i read into this a while back
            ive seen a supercharged mower.. that shit was insane..
            the adapted the belt that drives the blades to run a small supercharger.. not sure how much power it increased but i bet those blades were spinning hella crazy

on my 13.5hp 5spd rwd sit down mowa im gonna upgrade it soon..
            the motor is pretty simple.. there is a guy that races lawn mowers.. he rebuilds em and such.. he told me that i could make a lawnmower be as fast as a go-kart with the blades not being operated. thats just pimp.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I knew you'd come through with some technical stuff, Carlos!

yeah, i know people race riding mowers. Seems kinda funny, but hey, it's cool! I might try for intake, exhaust, and maybe a little home P&P.

Comment

hehehe.. then later get all into it.. swap a head from another mower that flows a higher CFM lmao.. oversized valves.. nitrous.. and yes u can run nitrous on a mower.. if u have ever watch horsepower TV u should know about their nitrous fed bar stools.. pretty sick shit.. lmao

i blew up my old trimmer..
                i purposely put nitro gas for R/C cars into it.. lol no gas just nitro fuel.. ahahaha
                i tapped down the gas
                started it and let it go
                WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PA PA PA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA2min later.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PA PA PAAAA M! vroororor....... i was like finally R.I.P lmao.. i removed the cover.. off the backend of the trimmer.. and everything seemed intact so i dunno what fried.. up.. it never started again.. lmao.. hmmm project motor?
                Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-05-2004, 05:18 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

my friend had an old gas leaf blower, he opened a can of oxygen right by the intake, the engine went crazy until it melted a hole in the top of one of the pistons... he still has the piston sitting on his desk.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

haha. il turbo my dads weedwhacker!!! .. Pssssssssssssssssshhhhhhh WOAH THERE GOES THUHH GRASSSSSSSS

Comment

my dad bought a honda pressure washer, i took some vtec stickers i had and slapped them on there, next thing i know my brother is asking my dad how you engage vtec on the pressure washer.... hahahahahahaha
                      1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

hahahaha this reminds me of horsepower tv where they race bar stools down the track.. lol i think it had nitrous too! hahahaha

Comment

Bore that thing out and mill the head down as far as your machine shop will warranty. And definitely, upgrade the exhaust. I know they're only exhaust fumes, but that's cruel and unusual punishment making them have to endure the labrynthing maze of such a *** emissions piece. So, get the exhaust. With those, you could bump the power up to about 12 hp pretty quick, depending on the extremes to which you take them.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

hell yeah man.. u can even run nitrous on your lawnmower.. shit.. ud be cutting ur grass so fast.. lol.. but really i only think its worth doing to a sit down mower..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

this has to be the funniest thread i have read in a long time.....anyway most lawnmowers have threading where the stock exhuast peice comes out.. you can use the same diameter steel pipe for a sick exhuast for dirt cheap. as for the carb you could just use a dremel with a really really soft sanding bit and p&p it yourself and mate up a motorcyle air filter to it. get a new piston and ring and have a machine shop mill the head lol. i cant even beleive im saying this.....haha
                              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Working...
                              X