Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on 12V power supply location...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions on 12V power supply location...

...I need to install a 2nd 12V power supply in the gray cb7 for my ipod transmitter. The one by the cup holder is going to be used for my cell charger (when needed) and i just wanna place the other one somewhere. I want it to look kinda stockish (location wise) but be out of the way since i wont be plugging the transmitter in and out all the time. Im thinking maybe in the rear of the console. any ideas?

glovebox?
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
      glovebox?
      i was thinking about that, but if i have it towards the center/rear of the car it will be closer to the antenna and I will get better reception. but glove box is not out of the question. Another place i was thinkning (if there is enough room) is either under the rear ashtray, or on the sideback by the ashtray.

Comment

I just have a wire coming out of the center console that plugs directly into the ipod and charges when the radio is on. It plugs directly into the headunit and eliminates the use of a fm transmitter. Depending on what headunit you have, you could easily find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
          I just have a wire coming out of the center console that plugs directly into the ipod and charges when the radio is on. It plugs directly into the headunit and eliminates the use of a fm transmitter. Depending on what headunit you have, you could easily find one.
          I know what your talking about. This is for the beater, so i dont wanna go too far out, but this is what i'm using. Monster Icarplay FM Transmitter, thats been modded for better/louder sound.

I'm already using it, so im just gonna keep it. PLUS, im changing decks soon, and dont know what im gonna end up with .

Comment

hey lowz, make life easier, just buy those two in one which u can power two items at once...

their on ebay under 10 bucks...

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
              hey lowz, make life easier, just buy those two in one which u can power two items at once...

their on ebay under 10 bucks...
              I know, I thought about that too... (mabye mount it in the glove box) but I already have an extra outlet sitting around...

Comment

Working...
              X