http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnxEnoosh4Q
    Watch then discuss

YouTube Clicky!!

As compared to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyFrekxy7wg&NR

I dunno...
    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

the quality of the games will define the system, not the wow factor of the hardware. This goes both ways, PS3 has a graphical wow factor, and the Wii has a technological wow factor. These pretty much cancel each other out, and the games offered on each system will decide which is better. Price will be a factor, but no more than it was a factor in the PS2 - gamecube comparison. The gamecube had a few good games, but overall . . . was pretty terrible. The PS2 on the other hand, was more expensive (by quite a bit) and still sold FAR better, because it had the games to back it up.

I see this turning out the same. The PS3 will eventually get the better games, although so far the Wii is making a fairly convincing argument for itself.
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i agree, i will be getting a Wii once i start working again

Comment

*>ps3

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

With the release of the new 8800 card from nvidia, and its new g80 engine they have obsoleted the ps3's g70 based rsx engine.

I love sony and its first 2 gifts, the ps1 and ps2, but I'm very unenthused about ps3 right now.

Then again, I've kind of shifted to PC only in the past few years, so I'm not hyped about any of them, although the Wii looks like a winner to me.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              *>ps3
              Yes. The gamecube was a flop but if nintendo comes hard with the games and online service they may redeem themselves from the last gen. Graphics aren't everything, just an added bonus. Hell I still play super mario. THE greatest game ever made.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
                Yes. The gamecube was a flop but if nintendo comes hard with the games and online service they may redeem themselves from the last gen. Graphics aren't everything, just an added bonus. Hell I still play super mario. THE greatest game ever made.
                I wasnt trying to act like graphics were everything, but neither is a nifty controller. Novelties, thats all they are. That controller could make gameplay amazing, but terrific graphics could do the same.

and accordaffair, if you expect the same graphics out of a console as you expect from a PC, then you would be looking at prices that dwarf the $600 pricetag of the PS3. 8000 series video cards are going for around $500 on newegg, and even with the hefty price cut they would get from wholesale . . . it would hike the price up at least $200.

Nothing like comparing a $1500 high end (homebuilt) PC to a $600 console.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

Comment

$600 bucks heh i rather throw that towards my car.

$600 with no game likely chances if you in the hood on your way coming out the store youll get robbed either way

you gonna get raped
                  Last edited by h22sparkle; 12-06-2006, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Of course not, but with the introduction of the PS3, I thought pc's would be behind for some time. The hype about the cell processor and rsx graphics engine led me to believe pc's would take at a while to catch up.

You're right about the price, if you build your computer only to play games available on a console, you are wasting your money, but then again after seeing PS3 prices on ebay maybe thats not so. I don't know if you can actually get a PS3 for 5-600 dollars right now

I'm building my pc anew, it will include an 8800, a C2D 6600, 2 gigs of pc8500, among others, it should cost me about 1500, how much are PS3's right now?

Plus the PC can do more than a PS3, although people have been 'hacking' them, I'm just not terribly impressed. If it hadn't been for its introduction, with people acting like nuts, and buying them just to resell them, I would hold the PS3 much dearer. I don't think Sony should be blamed for it turning out that way, necessarily...but it still affected my view of them.

Comment

Honestly, I wasnt trying to say that your point of view was invalid, since a PC is far more capable than a PS3, for, right now, the same price. However, when prices do come down to normal, and they will (just like the 360's price did), and the development time is taken to fit modern OS's on, the arguement may become less valid. Since it uses a cell processor based on the PPC architecture, OS X and Linux shouldnt be more than a few months away from being installed on them. Then, with a larger HDD (the PS3 can handle and 3.5in HD IIRC), you could have a fairly capable, multi-function machine for under 1k.

Its only speculation, but . . . its not too far off.
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

Comment

ps3 all the way, this coming from a PC gamer POV
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Actually, you can install fedora 5, I believe, on the ps3 right away without any trouble. Once installed you just boot it from the menu, but you have to soft-reset the PS3 to boot back to the ps3's menu. Also, another guy ran a virtual instance of windows xp from within fedora, although it ran slow as balls, but that was partly because it was not optimized at all. Much like OSX was trying to install on a PC when the image first got leaked. Man, I spent so many hours trying to get that to work....good times

It looks very open to hacks, which makes me gleeful.

I just wished it blew me away, but maybe I'm just being harsh.

here's fedora, narrator is not very knowledgeable..."compiling the kernel"? No, its booting...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXcuhJkwx4

here's windows xp on the ps3
                          http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...running-on-ps3

the vids can be boring if you're not geeky

Comment

they have rsx engines?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

indeed, and you can put it in your accord for only $600!!

(the back seat of your accord)

Comment

Working...
                              X