Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer GUYS!! help me, i want a 8x agp video card but need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer GUYS!! help me, i want a 8x agp video card but need help...

okay, got some cash to spend and am lookin to computer gaming, i guess i will never get old of gaming, anyways my mother board supports 4x agp cards. Am lookin into the new cards and alot of them are 8x agp, I know their backward compatible but i have some questions:

Are you gettin full performance from the 8x agp card?

Any bad experiences using a 8x agp card in a 4x,2x,1x agp slot?

I know its a car site but i know theres intelligent people out there..

thanks guys...

You wont be getting full performance, and you'll probably get some jitterbugs with trying to run it in the 4x slot. Although you might be able to get different drivers for it to make it think its a 4x card and run, never know with that type of shit.

Comment

yea, why am askin bc i heard those 8x cards are using 1.5 volts or something and against the 4x cards ising like 0.8 volts, those 8x cards can shit on a 4x mobo...am scarredd...

Comment

if you wanna get down to it, wut type of games will you be playing first? most of the older games dont even utilize 8x, much less 4x. so it shouldnt matter all that much. IMO, i would get a new mobo that supports pci-e and has a nice onboard video. i know my current mobo has nvidia 6200 onboard, which isnt bad. itll play bf2, cs source, hl2, ut2k4 just fine. plus youll have pci-e which is where video card are now heading to so you'll be able to pick up one of those later down the road.

My Members Ride Thread
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

I'm gonna have an nvidia 6800 gt available for sale soon. I'm upgrading. lmk if you're interested

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

im gonna have to say if your mobo is only 4x agp your processor is probably to slow to make use on any high end agp card. what cpu do you have?

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
              im gonna have to say if your mobo is only 4x agp your processor is probably to slow to make use on any high end agp card. what cpu do you have?
              p4 2.4ghz
              512mb ram

soon to be upgrade to 1gb ram

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
                if you wanna get down to it, wut type of games will you be playing first? most of the older games dont even utilize 8x, much less 4x. so it shouldnt matter all that much. IMO, i would get a new mobo that supports pci-e and has a nice onboard video. i know my current mobo has nvidia 6200 onboard, which isnt bad. itll play bf2, cs source, hl2, ut2k4 just fine. plus youll have pci-e which is where video card are now heading to so you'll be able to pick up one of those later down the road.
                amm play call of duty 2 ....stuff like that

Comment

ygpm, and I play COD2 a lot with this card, I'll also have 2 gigs of 3200 ram to sell soon too. Corsair 2gb matched pair.

I bought it from newegg, see here
                  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145575

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

You are gonna need to get a new mobo that supports 8x.

I play COD2 all day long on a P4 2.26, 6600GT, and 1gb ram. Not highest settings, but it runs smoothly.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                      You are gonna need to get a new mobo that supports 8x.

I play COD2 all day long on a P4 2.26, 6600GT, and 1gb ram. Not highest settings, but it runs smoothly.
                      amma overclock it....

overclocking FTW!!!

Comment

If I were you..I'd save up to get a new mother board, processor, PCI-EXPRESS card, memory, and maybe even a nice sata drive. It really isn't THAT much. I got all mine for about 500 from newegg. and I was able to play everything at the time...and almost everything now. except stuff like gothic3 and neverwinter nights hehe.

I'm dual sli right now and I'm loving it

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
                        .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
                        .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

Working...
                        X